Official Wine & Dine 2018

This is so exciting hearing reports from those of you there already. I'm quite jealous!
(1 day of work down since my earlier post...1 more to go)

Expo is empty for merch. Someone told me to do merch first then get bibs. The I Did It shirts sucked me in. Preorder pick up took 5 seconds. Longest line is chef mickey.

Expo is empty for merch. Someone told me to do merch first then get bibs. The I Did It shirts sucked me in. Preorder pick up took 5 seconds. Longest line is chef mickey.

Empty as in "No People" or empty as in " They already sold everything"?

does anyone know, If I go into Epcot, and watch for my sister come thru to cheer her on the last bit of the 1/2, can i then just walk out and thru the parking lot over to the family reunion area?

70 is looking warm for the start of the half.
Yes, and no... yes for nearly everyone else, but no for the Floridians, lol!

does anyone know, If I go into Epcot, and watch for my sister come thru to cheer her on the last bit of the 1/2, can i then just walk out and thru the parking lot over to the family reunion area?
Yep, can't see any problem with that. Just head to your right after you exit the EP gates.

Yes you can, but if your goal is to see her at the finish it might be tough to do that. It won't be an issue to see her after the finish chutes.

No people BUT the passholder weekend tee is down to xxl, 3x, 4x. Everything else is stocked.

Well I'm not sure if I wanted that or not, but I given the current sizing options it seems like my best bet it to not want it.

My parents are local and want to come watch me run at least part of the half. They will be driving their own car and not staying at a hotel.

Is there a cutoff time for them to be able to get into the Epcot parking lot? I know they start charging for parking after 7 but I didn't know if they stop letting people enter at any point. Would it be easier for them to try to get a spot at the Boardwalk, or does that get jammed?

I'm staying at Pop. Would they be allowed to park there and use a resort bus over to Epcot?

Sorry for so many questions!

My parents are local and want to come watch me run at least part of the half. They will be driving their own car and not staying at a hotel.

Is there a cutoff time for them to be able to get into the Epcot parking lot? I know they start charging for parking after 7 but I didn't know if they stop letting people enter at any point. Would it be easier for them to try to get a spot at the Boardwalk, or does that get jammed?

I'm staying at Pop. Would they be allowed to park there and use a resort bus over to Epcot?

Sorry for so many questions!

I haven't had this experience directly but I know that at crowded times they don't allow access to the resort parking lots unless you are a guest or have a dining reservation. I am guessing this is a crowded time of the year for Boardwalk so I could see those rules being in place. I think for POP they may be able to say that they are visiting a guest(you ) and then take the bus over.

If it were me I might just have them drive over to Epcot. I think that they'd have to budget so much time for parking and catching a bus, that they may have to leave at the same time either way. Also if they park at Epcot, they could give you a ride back to your resort, and they have a car to wait around in for a bit before they walk to see you.

I haven't had this experience directly but I know that at crowded times they don't allow access to the resort parking lots unless you are a guest or have a dining reservation. I am guessing this is a crowded time of the year for Boardwalk so I could see those rules being in place. I think for POP they may be able to say that they are visiting a guest(you ) and then take the bus over.

If it were me I might just have them drive over to Epcot. I think that they'd have to budget so much time for parking and catching a bus, that they may have to leave at the same time either way. Also if they park at Epcot, they could give you a ride back to your resort, and they have a car to wait around in for a bit before they walk to see you.

Good point - thanks!

I’m a bit disappointed in the Hanes Cotten 5k Race shirt. I will probably never wear it.

My in-laws staying with us commented on the “merchandising” flow of the expo this year. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter