Official Wine & Dine 2018

Smart to go to the doctor now rather than later!
I’m very frustrated. I’ve been having knee problems for awhile but kind of ignored it. I just got fed up and said maybe they can help me. I did soccer and cross country in high school and never had problems so something must have changed. It’s weird because it’s on both knees but it happens in a different spot every time I run.

I’m very frustrated. I’ve been having knee problems for awhile but kind of ignored it. I just got fed up and said maybe they can help me. I did soccer and cross country in high school and never had problems so something must have changed. It’s weird because it’s on both knees but it happens in a different spot every time I run.
I get frustration. I had ankle surgery at 30 years old due to 18 years of issues. My husband is 34 years old and his knee sometimes has problems but he manages through the use of a special band but we've learned his issues with the knee are dependent on the shoe. Hopefully your pain can be managed through some Physical Therapy!

So how many of us doing the 5K are planning on going to Tony's for lunch that day? I know the food is eh and mostly bland (at least it was when my mother and I went Feb 2017) but I just want that metal photo with Lady!

I get frustration. I had ankle surgery at 30 years old due to 18 years of issues. My husband is 34 years old and his knee sometimes has problems but he manages through the use of a special band but we've learned his issues with the knee are dependent on the shoe. Hopefully your pain can be managed through some Physical Therapy!
I hope so too! Maybe I can make the princess half work.

So how many of us doing the 5K are planning on going to Tony's for lunch that day? I know the food is eh and mostly bland (at least it was when my mother and I went Feb 2017) but I just want that metal photo with Lady!
That's a great idea! Visiting Tony's never even crossed my mind.

I tried running 3 miles today and unfortunately had to stop at 2.6 miles. It felt like someone was ripping my knee apart. I don’t see the half marathon being in my future. I feel like I’m too young to be having knee problems but oh well I have a doctor appointment on Tuesday.

Could be IT band! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Could be IT band! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
I’m really not sure what it is but thank you! One run it’ll be the right and the next it might be the left one. It’s so weird. Sometimes it’ll hurt on the inside of my knee and other times it’s the outside.

There was an incident with a woman who was dead-set on finishing last to get the "VIP treatment" who refused to get in the golf cart and was yelling some very unfortunate things at race officials. Ultimately, she lost that battle, but it was really off-putting.
So I really don't understand special treatment for being the last person to finish. I understand that at any pace you have people for whom finishing at that pace is a major accomplishment. Giving the last person to finish special treatment seems to undermine that though as it incentivizes people to go slower.

I tried running 3 miles today and unfortunately had to stop at 2.6 miles. It felt like someone was ripping my knee apart. I don’t see the half marathon being in my future. I feel like I’m too young to be having knee problems but oh well I have a doctor appointment on Tuesday.
Good call on seeing the Dr. You may also want to go see a PT that specializes in sports. There are so many different things that can impact your knees. Personally I've had knee issues that were tied to IT band issues. (Foam rolling and stretching was the solution for that), Issues with week hips, (was given exercises for that) and issues in my feet that were impacting my gate (stretching and orthotics helped that). On the recommendation of people on the board I tried CW-X tights (its a specific brand of tights that has mesh integrated into it that acts like Kinesio tape) and I found those seemed to help while my body slowly adjusted to the additional strain of running.

I wonder what the status of park decour will be like over the weekend? Also if they will start filming Christmas specials that soon

They WILL close character stops and PhotoPass will pack up after their allotted time - and it is all VERY timed with little-to-no wiggle room ...
I can attest to that. 2018 Princess 10K sweepers passed by while I was getting a pic with Pluto at the WS turnaround. When I got to he PhotoPass spot for Big Ball pics, the photogs were packed up and leaving, said they were not allowed to take any more pics because the sweepers had passed that point. I wasn't swept and I stopped and got a pic with my own camera, but yeah - don't count on PhotoPass being around if you fall behind, even that late in the race!

Hmm...debating if want to do the Christmas Party...we haven't done that in a long time

Depends on what Food & Wine Festival events take all our money

Christmas specials will begin filming after wine and dine. So early to mid November.
There was some stuff filming while we were there for W&D last year... can’t recall what it was... some singers in front of the castle...??

It is usually early November. I just assumed it was after the races.
Gotcha’. Can’t see much, but this was Nov 6 last year... so day after the half...

1F416B4D-D0F0-4614-9181-9DBF523942FD.jpeg

I recall some filming on our AK day as well, which was the Sat afternoon/evening... might have been for something else though.

Christmas specials will begin filming after wine and dine. So early to mid November.
Cool cool cause last year they started the Friday of the 5k and all during race weekend/jersey week plus they had the WS parade for the second year in a row the Saturday of the 10k and it was chaos

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter