Official Wine & Dine 2018

Yep, this exactly. Back when I was an AP it always bugged me that Disney didn't do more to secure this link.

I'm AP and DVC and yes exactly but it doesn't help that much now because the races aren't really selling out like they were and in the past the early registration would go in seconds because they only sold like 2% of the bibs for early reg. Now it's become easy to find a bib if you really want one, even if they sell out. Did anything sell out last year besides Dopey and Princess? Star Wars lightside RIP had half and 10k but no challenges, day of. Star Wars dark side had challenges and half but no 10k, up until day of. Tink, DL Half, Avengers and W&D were all available. RD just isn't selling like it used to but it isn't really all that cut and dry. Some of the events have added bibs to capacity so in previous years it would have sold out but it had less runners. I think this has been true for Dark Side and Wine & Dine.

If it was a sponsor thing, wouldn't they have quietly let Misfit's name and branding fade away (a la New Balance) instead of plastering it all over the event?

I'm going to try to be optimistic and say they are awaiting binding confirmation (from any contractors who's work would impact the course) locking in progress dates and site conditions.
Maybe this is too much of my real life leaching into my Disney life....

I'm AP and DVC and yes exactly but it doesn't help that much now because the races aren't really selling out like they were and in the past the early registration would go in seconds because they only sold like 2% of the bibs for early reg. Now it's become easy to find a bib if you really want one, even if they sell out. Did anything sell out last year besides Dopey and Princess? Star Wars lightside RIP had half and 10k but no challenges, day of. Star Wars dark side had challenges and half but no 10k, up until day of. Tink, DL Half, Avengers and W&D were all available. RD just isn't selling like it used to but it isn't really all that cut and dry. Some of the events have added bibs to capacity so in previous years it would have sold out but it had less runners. I think this has been true for Dark Side and Wine & Dine.
True, but it still bugged me! If they advertise it as a perk I think they should do a bit more to make sure that those entitled to the perk are the only ones that can get it. :confused3

The gondola construction at Int'l Gateway hasn't been impacting course routes - it's actually become a photo stop lol! But I can't wrap my head around how the GOTG/hotel construction might be a problem. Anyone have a map to show this?

There are permits to clear the land in Zone A (likely for the Epcot hotel), and Area 2 on the right is where Guardians is going.
basin403-erp-1200x779.jpg

Things are moving fast here! 11:11am - I see tabs for 10K and challenge, but the actual races and descriptions are GONE.

There are permits to clear the land in Zone A (likely for the Epcot hotel), and Area 2 on the right is where Guardians is going.
basin403-erp-1200x779.jpg
Hmm... I'd think A would be easy to work around, but Area 2 could involve the walk out area/road, right?

Things are moving fast here! 11:11am - I see tabs for 10K and challenge, but the actual races and descriptions are GONE.

Hmm... I'd think A would be easy to work around, but Area 2 could involve the walk out area/road, right?
Correct, or at the very least it will be extremely close to the construction site.

Sooooo, everyone ready for this. Just for kicks and giggles, I called runDisney just to see what they would offer as a reason for the hold up. Would you all believe they told me to keep refreshing the page that registration is still on for sometime today? The CSR even went so far as to put me on a short hold (again) as if checking their information, and came back maintaining what was spoken in the first place. o_O
Yep, this exactly. Back when I was an AP it always bugged me that Disney didn't do more to secure this link.

To clarify my point, the sites are supposed to work together to verify AP/DVC membership prior to allowing registration. That there are workarounds that can be found doesn't negate that point. The fact that Disney IT is so bad it doesn't actually function to that purpose serves to further make my original point about how bad Disney IT is.

Can I throw a pure speculation theory in here. Feel free to shoot down.

Princess has not cycled to 2019 on the Run Disney site. Countdown is locked at 0 days. I sent an email a week ago asking just for Princess dates which has been unanswered. I know the announced dates, but pretended not to know and was asking based on lack of info in the event tabs. Rumors are construction in Jan/Feb may impact princess. Yes. Internet rumors, but hey Run Disney creates this with their amazing communication. Princess is a huge seller while Wine and Dine is less so. So, if for some reason they need to cancel/move a race, it seems likely they will keep Princess. So... are they moving Princess into the Nov dates?

To clarify my point, the sites are supposed to work together to verify AP/DVC membership prior to allowing registration. That there are workarounds that can be found doesn't negate that point. The fact that Disney IT is so bad it doesn't actually function to that purpose serves to further make my original point about how bad Disney IT is.
Oh I completely agree with you - the IT is bad and the fact that this workaround has been allowed to go on is also bad. :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter