Official Wine & Dine 2014

Has anyone flown Allegiant from NY/VT for this race before? Getting ready to book my flights and they have some good prices. I know it's Sanford airport, so no DME, and I'm fine with using a rental or car service.

Has anyone flown Allegiant from NY/VT for this race before? Getting ready to book my flights and they have some good prices. I know it's Sanford airport, so no DME, and I'm fine with using a rental or car service.

Since no one has replied, I will at least tell you we had a decent experience in May with Allegiant from Chattanooga to Sanford...and my input regarding flying into Sanford is that it is a nice airport, not anywhere near MCO congestion and crowds...I would easily fly into there again and rent a car.. We used Alamo, very easy, but a little bit of a walk to the counter area)

We easily drove the 30-40 minute trip to Orlando area (DTD area)...easy drive, but our Iphone made us take toll roads the night we flew in (we may have been a little travel tired, so didn't input things correctly) and this certainly is not required...we knew better on the return trip (from Hard Rock Hotel) and had no tolls...

Allegiant is a little tricky when it comes to the final cost of the ticket, since they a la carte the entire process...bag fees, seat selection fees, etc.

David

Since no one has replied, I will at least tell you we had a decent experience in May with Allegiant from Chattanooga to Sanford...and my input regarding flying into Sanford is that it is a nice airport, not anywhere near MCO congestion and crowds...I would easily fly into there again and rent a car.. We used Alamo, very easy, but a little bit of a walk to the counter area) We easily drove the 30-40 minute trip to Orlando area (DTD area)...easy drive, but our Iphone made us take toll roads the night we flew in (we may have been a little travel tired, so didn't input things correctly) and this certainly is not required...we knew better on the return trip (from Hard Rock Hotel) and had no tolls... Allegiant is a little tricky when it comes to the final cost of the ticket, since they a la carte the entire process...bag fees, seat selection fees, etc. David
Thanks David. I may go with Allegiant and the rental to check out Sanford and the outlet shopping, if I can squeeze another day into this trip. :)

We have used Allegiant several times, will be this time too. We have rented cars usually. But due to short time, and late arrival, we are using the shuttle. Toll roads are not bad, and an easy drive to Disney.

Has anyone gotten event emails yet? I saw on the website you should start receiving them 3 months prior to the race. I signed up through a travel partner so I wasn't sure if I was missing something because I haven't received any emails.

Has anyone gotten event emails yet? I saw on the website you should start receiving them 3 months prior to the race. I signed up through a travel partner so I wasn't sure if I was missing something because I haven't received any emails.

I think I've seen two so far. Nothing too important, mostly travel information. Pre-taste party information, essentially them trying to sell you additional add ones for now.

Yeah, as Run Princess said, nothing exciting. If you go to the Wine & Dine page at runDisney.com there are links to them there ("Runner Info" section under "Event Communications").

DH is running this in November. A friend of mine and I are going to the Spectator party while he runs. It'll be our (DH's and mine) first trip away from our daughter, and we're very excited to take full advantage of the F&W festival this year!

Question...the spectator party tickets allow entry to Epcot at 7pm, before the park closes to the public. If we link those tickets to MDE, will we be able to schedule FP+ between 7 and park close? Just trying to figure out how to plan our FP+s for the trip...thanks!

I wanted to update with this. Now that people attending MNSSHP have been able to book FP+, they are reporting that you can book FP+ during the 4-7pm grace period before the party starts at 7.

Given this information, I'm back to wondering if we will be able to book FP+ between 7pm-9pm only, entering on our Wine and Dine Party tickets. We will not be entering another park that day. Is anyone else attempting this? Our FP+ window opens Sept 8th...

How is everyone's training going? I ran 7 miles on Sunday. I ran on the treadmill at the gym because I live in South FLorida and it is too hot to run outside.

I need to do a few night runs to get used to running late. I am usually an early morning runner.

The race is only a little over two months away! I am excited.

How is everyone's training going? I ran 7 miles on Sunday. I ran on the treadmill at the gym because I live in South FLorida and it is too hot to run outside.

I need to do a few night runs to get used to running late. I am usually an early morning runner.

I'm running a half here at home on Sunday and am signed up for Dopey in January, so Wine & Dine is going to be the best Dopey training run ever. :) Can't wait!!!!!

Anyone know about International Gateway entry and exit during the race and during the after party? We are staying at Beach Club and my husband and kids want to see my run by the boardwalk then meet me in the after party. I read somewhere not long ago that the international gateway entrance might be exit only during the race?

I don't know about entry during the race, but it is open for exit during the party. I think this makes Beach Club and Boardwalk by far the best resorts to stay at. You don't have to walk to the front of the park and wait for a bus.

Just curious just how many people stay for the party...as I usually am pretty sweaty after 13.1 miles...so wondering how odiferous the crowd is? I am assuming I could maybe put a change of clothes/etc. in a gear bag that will be at the finish line?

Any other hints from experienced runner? I am a compulsive planner, so not knowing all of the details is stressing me out a little already..

I pack a washcloth and a hand towel along with a change of clothes in my checked bag. If you finish the race early, say under 2 hours, then the party will not be that crazy busy at first. It will get busy and then slow down towards the end of the party as people head out.

If you finish with an average time, the bathrooms on both sides of spaceship earth will be packed. Go back to the bathrooms at Odyssey and you will likely not have any wait.

Lastly, plan out your Saturday with close to what you are used to with other races. So count back when you eat your last large meal before a race and plan around that time. For me I eat lunch around noon and take a nap in the afternoon in the room. I will then eat a snack while waiting for the bus or on the way over to WWOS.

We've been running already, but just 'officially' started our 18 week training plan for W&D and Goofy yesterday -- the 18 weeks is a bit early because we're alotting for a couple weeks to start October when we're doing our wedding and honeymoon in WDW and won't be able/willing to run as long. W&D falls nicely into this plan and, like somebody else said, will by far be the most enjoyable training run of the entire program! :thumbsup2

The weather has been very hot and humid the last couple weeks, but we still managed to get in a decent 4 and 10 miles this past weekend at a bit slower pace than what we're shooting for (not counting picture stops). This weekend will be 5 and 11.5 miles and hopefully some cooler temps. . . but if not, we're looking at the humidity as specificity training in that WDW shouldn't be any worse come November. ;)

Unless something in our schedule dictates it, we will not be running any night runs. We talked about it ahead of TOT last year and decided it would ultimately be easier to have the race be a one-time exception to our running schedule rather than try and re-organize our daily routines to accomodate multiple night training runs. Only thing we did differently was on the day of the run, getting in an afternoon nap and re-ordering our eating so that it approximated our routine for a morning run and chowed down in the park after.

I apologize if this has been asked already, but if anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it!

This is the first time I've bought park tickets through runDisney and have a room only reservation (we've only booked packages before). I know when I've booked packages I've been able to schedule FP+ 60 days in advance. If we're staying on property in a room only reservation, but have runDisney tickets (not package tickets with the room), will we still be able to book FP+ 60 days in advance?

I have all the tickets successfully linked over to our Magic Bands and our FP+ day is coming up here in a few days. Right now MDE only has days available for 30 days out to book FP+... when it's my 60 days out will those other 30 days just pop up as available?

T.I.A. for the help!

I apologize if this has been asked already, but if anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it! This is the first time I've bought park tickets through runDisney and have a room only reservation (we've only booked packages before). I know when I've booked packages I've been able to schedule FP+ 60 days in advance. If we're staying on property in a room only reservation, but have runDisney tickets (not package tickets with the room), will we still be able to book FP+ 60 days in advance? I have all the tickets successfully linked over to our Magic Bands and our FP+ day is coming up here in a few days. Right now MDE only has days available for 30 days out to book FP+... when it's my 60 days out will those other 30 days just pop up as available? T.I.A. for the help!

Short answer....Yes, you will be able to book FP+ at 60 days:-)

I'm running behind (literally) as my hubby had back surgery last week and we are supposed to run... I have a room only ressie at SSR through DVC. Is my best bet to get the runDisney tickets? I think I had the code at one time but not sure where it is. If so, I assume I can link everything up with with the FP+. Help! We are old-time pros but this new band thing has me thrown...

Okay, late to the party here. Wife got off work unexpectedly and we are heading to DW. Turns out it's the weekend of the Wine & Dine Half! Great - I've already run a full marathon and am running a half in October so I'll just sign up for this one too...

Uh-oh. Sold out. :mad:

So that brings us to the question: how do I get a bib now? There are some on CL but it looks like Disney doesn't let you change the registration on bibs. HOw risky is it to try and run with someone else's bib? Does Dis check ID close, etc?

What about the charities that are given bibs? Does that work or is the fund raising requirement really high?

Other ideas to get into the race? Thanks!

BuckeyeMark said:
Okay, late to the party here. Wife got off work unexpectedly and we are heading to DW. Turns out it's the weekend of the Wine & Dine Half! Great - I've already run a full marathon and am running a half in October so I'll just sign up for this one too...

Uh-oh. Sold out. :mad:

So that brings us to the question: how do I get a bib now? There are some on CL but it looks like Disney doesn't let you change the registration on bibs. HOw risky is it to try and run with someone else's bib? Does Dis check ID close, etc?

What about the charities that are given bibs? Does that work or is the fund raising requirement really high?

Other ideas to get into the race? Thanks!

I can't help you with getting a bib, but just wanted to let you know that this race opened for registration in early march, and was sold out in.less than 36 hrs. It seems a lot of runDisney races are selling out quickly, and months before the race.

Okay, late to the party here. Wife got off work unexpectedly and we are heading to DW. Turns out it's the weekend of the Wine & Dine Half! Great - I've already run a full marathon and am running a half in October so I'll just sign up for this one too... Uh-oh. Sold out. :mad: So that brings us to the question: how do I get a bib now? There are some on CL but it looks like Disney doesn't let you change the registration on bibs. HOw risky is it to try and run with someone else's bib? Does Dis check ID close, etc? What about the charities that are given bibs? Does that work or is the fund raising requirement really high? Other ideas to get into the race? Thanks!

If you go to the rundisney page there are charities that still have bibs.

Okay, late to the party here. Wife got off work unexpectedly and we are heading to DW. Turns out it's the weekend of the Wine & Dine Half! Great - I've already run a full marathon and am running a half in October so I'll just sign up for this one too... Uh-oh. Sold out. :mad: So that brings us to the question: how do I get a bib now? There are some on CL but it looks like Disney doesn't let you change the registration on bibs. HOw risky is it to try and run with someone else's bib? Does Dis check ID close, etc? What about the charities that are given bibs? Does that work or is the fund raising requirement really high? Other ideas to get into the race? Thanks!
If they catch you with someone else's bib you're banned from future Disney races...I think. Yes, they check IDs. It's a liability thing - if a medical emergency happens they need to know who you are. ETA: Plus, I think it's harder to buy bibs from people than it used to be. runDisney does not allow people to pick up bibs for other runners, so buying a bib would involve you waiting for whoever you buy it from to go to the expo and pick it up for you. But I'm a rule follower anyway so I think it's a bad idea.

At this point the only way to run legally is to get a bib through a Travel Agency or a charity. For charity bibs go to: http://www.rundisney.com/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/registration/#charity-groups

Travel Agents are listed right above that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter