• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Do you guys know if they do a security check on the bags for people coming to the finish line to meet racers? My sister was hoping to meet me with some champagne to celebrate, but doesn't want to bring it if it will get confiscated.

Regarding the cups, I had to buy a new one last year, one cast member accepted the old one, but told me that they changed cups and not everyone would accept the old ones.
Yes there is a bag check.

@Stevee1982 is correct. It's the Temperature and Dew Point added together. Sometimes people instead look at relative humidity and say it's going to be 95% or 100%. But saying the relative humidity without the temperature doesn't always tell the whole story on comparatively how one day feels versus another. A 80F temp with 95% humidity is going to feel a ton worse than 30F with 95% humidity. Similarly, an 80F day with 20% humidity and 80F day with 90% humidity are not going to feel the same even though the temp is the same. But what about a temp of 60 and dew point of 60 vs a temp of 80 and dew point of 40? How will those feel compared to each other? It's not a perfect system. One day's T+D of 130 and another's 130 won't necessarily feel the same, but it's a good system for pre-determining pace expectations. For most people, once the T+D goes above 100 is when someone's ideal pacing starts to fall.

I made this chart from my own personal data:

View attachment 448079

The x-axis is pace. The y-axis is T+D. The pink dots were theoretical pacing based on adjustments to a 3:00 hr marathon easy pace. The green dots were theoretical pacing based on adjustments to a 3:05 hr marathon easy pace. The blue dots were real actual data from easy days over a month's span. During that time period, the T+D varied quite a bit. My effort and HR remained relatively constant on all these runs, yet the pace was all over the place ranging from a 8:24-8:49 min/mile. The blue dots matched well with the shape of the theoretical pace adjustments. Which means the research lined up well with my own personal data.

So the long and short of it. According to these adjustments:

View attachment 448081

A T+D of 148 would have a starting point of a 4.5% adjustment from ideal. So let's say on a cool autumn morning where the T+D is less than 100, you could run a HM at 8:50 pace. According to this, on a T+D day of 148 a good place to start for pacing strategy would be a 9:14 min/mile. Essentially, what would feel like 8:50 pace on an ideal day would be more like 9:14 on this non-ideal day.

The adjustments are not perfect and not the same for everyone. But represent a good starting place to see where adjustments need to be made. You can use your own personal data over the last several weeks to see how the different T+D values effect you personally. Relative cloudiness, solar radiation, and heat acclimation are also factors to consider in how one should adjust pace expectations in non-ideal weather conditions.

Incredible summation. Bravo

I'm getting pretty nervous about the heat this weekend! I am up in Jacksonville and have been training in this weather, but I was REALLY hoping for a cool down during the half this weekend. I was up at 330 this morning and it was soooooo warm and muggy outside. This is going to be tough if that cold front doesn't chug along a bit quicker! Can't wait to see everyone!

It is snowing in Chicago this morning. My first thought was "oh no, the wine n dine people who are flying today!" Hope everyone has safe travels and good races and eats tons of good food. I will be following along from my midwest tundra. Doing a race on Sunday here at the same time as y'all so maybe I need to dress like Elsa.

Customers at work keep saying there is supposed to be a cold front rolling in meanwhile accuweather says a 91 degree high (god knows what the real feel will be) tomorrow and rain all day Friday and Saturday at least it looks to be slightly cooler for half runners🤷🏻‍♀️ And to top it all off just got my schedule for next week and I have a 31 hour work week where I’m on my feet all day to look forward to starting with shifts on Monday and Tuesday where I’m do in hours before we even open at least my 5k and 10k wake up calls will help

Any one willing to do the text of the characters? I would be willing but I'm just in Corral B....lots of people faster than me! I think I'll probably stop quite a bit for characters too.

I wrote mine out old school last night.... I SHOULD start to pack now but I'll probably just do it when I get home at 11
I will be finishing kids costumes at 11pm. I will likely pack post-trick or treating while pillaging my kids candy.
I packed last night without a packing list (!!!!!) so who knows if I even brought everything I need!
other than shoes & sports bra, I can acquire anything I forget while there. We had wheels fall off a suitcase last year (MCO has taken out two of our suitcases), and amazon delivered one to us same day. It was glorious.

Hoping for a leak....
wonder if the colors of the original theme announcement in May are indicative of shirt colors???
If so: 5K/kids races-green, 10k-teal, half-lite blue, challenge-purple

I too can't wait for a reveal of all the shirts. I need to see them before I finalize my packing!!

Also is the beer cup a big insider secret? I can't find any details online about it, but now my squad is excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter