Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Can't believe we're a week out from the half! We will be driving from off-site and are trying to figure out exactly what time we should plan on getting to Epcot to take the shuttle to MK. Do you think planning on getting to Epcot at 4:15 would give us enough time to catch the shuttle?

That's what I'm planning on ... though, I'm going to see if I can park at YC and take the bus from there instead of parking at Epcot (we're staying at YC on Sunday night).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Squeezed out 8.4 miles yesterday. That's going to have to be enough miles for this training cycle - I've got Ragnar South Beach the weekend after W&D, so I've been more focused on working on pacing for the mileage for that rather than for the Two-Course Challenge.

Oh I forgot - I would like to put in a request with the rundisney gods to have a merchandise preview tonight. (Or tomorrow night. But not tomorrow day bc I really have too much to do at work and that will totally distract me! ) Thank you!

And for what it's worth apparently my basement is a good Florida simulator. Maybe too good. At 74.5 degrees I gave up and started walk/run intervals!

I had been off the race-training wagon for just over a year and a half before I started training for the Two Course Challenge, so I was only able to work up to 9 miles during this training program. Mostly because I had a LOT going on (grad school, bought a house, etc) but also because I am just not good at running in the summer months. It is way too stinkin' hot & humid for this gal, so this most likely will be my final W&D race weekend. I think I'll stick to PHM and SWDS from now on. I much prefer training in the winter/early spring, even if it means wearing layers and layers and layers and dealing with snow/ice.

Got my e-gift card email - is there a way to simply load it to MDE instead of having to pull up the email every time I want to use it to pay for stuff? If not, I think I'll just print it out and be a total nerd and carry the paper copy around with me, lol.

I had been off the race-training wagon for just over a year and a half before I started training for the Two Course Challenge, so I was only able to work up to 9 miles during this training program. Mostly because I had a LOT going on (grad school, bought a house, etc) but also because I am just not good at running in the summer months. It is way too stinkin' hot & humid for this gal, so this most likely will be my final W&D race weekend. I think I'll stick to PHM and SWDS from now on. I much prefer training in the winter/early spring, even if it means wearing layers and layers and layers and dealing with snow/ice.

Got my e-gift card email - is there a way to simply load it to MDE instead of having to pull up the email every time I want to use it to pay for stuff? If not, I think I'll just print it out and be a total nerd and carry the paper copy around with me, lol.

I haven't tried with this card, but I know I use Disney's gift card site to consolidate all my other Disney gift cards. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure it will last that many stops...I used last's years at the Festival Center (old Wonders of Life pavilion) to get a pin. I can see something similar this year. I'll use my consolidated big GC for my gluttonous eat & booze around World Showcase.

Can't believe we're a week out from the half! We will be driving from off-site and are trying to figure out exactly what time we should plan on getting to Epcot to take the shuttle to MK. Do you think planning on getting to Epcot at 4:15 would give us enough time to catch the shuttle?
Per the Event Guide:
  • Participants must board a bus no later than 4:00 a.m. in order to make it to their corrals on time.
It also says buses run between EP and the start until 6am, but I don't recommend cutting it too close: traffic will back up and you could find yourself running late. Personally, I despise feeling rushed and running late, so I leave my offsite hotel when the buses start running: 3am for the half.

Per the Event Guide:
  • Participants must board a bus no later than 4:00 a.m. in order to make it to their corrals on time.
It also says buses run between EP and the start until 6am, but I don't recommend cutting it too close: traffic will back up and you could find yourself running late. Personally, I despise feeling rushed and running late, so I leave my offsite hotel when the buses start running: 3am for the half.
Ugh im so excited for the race, but the whole pre-morning sounds soo exhausting. im coming from off site and plan on waking up at 2am and leaving the house no later than 3:15am!!

I just combine mine on disneygiftcards.com to an existing plastic gift card that fits easily in my wallet. Works for me as it's easy to have in my wallet.

Per the Event Guide:

Ahh thanks! I must have missed that as I was looking through the guide. Can't say I'm very happy about that but I would also rather be there and be able to relax then stressing out...

Greetings, programs! Never really posted here, but wanted to pop in to say thanks for all the great information shared throughout this thread! I'm doing the Challenge this weekend which will be both my first 10K and first Half. I did a couple of 5Ks back in April (Dark Side and the Gateway to Space on the space shuttle runway at Kennedy Space Center!) and enjoyed the taste I got of the whole thing. Really excited and nervous!

Guess who STILL HASN'T STARTED PACKING. Hahahahahaha. I have a packing list though that should make it go smoothly. We leave tomorrow night (or Wednesday morning at 1am, I guess) after we take the kid trick or treating. I am already in vacation mode at work. I don't want to do anything. Happy Monday!

We are at Disney now, but our plans have suddenly changed, and we have to go home Friday afternoon. We will not be using our BoardWalk Villas standard studio for this Friday & Saturday nights. Asking $420 for both nights (includes all taxes and fees) - send me a private message if you or anyone you know would like to purchase these two nights from me. The Boardwalk is walking distance to EPCOT & the race comes right by the hotel both days!

Guess who STILL HASN'T STARTED PACKING. Hahahahahaha. I have a packing list though that should make it go smoothly. We leave tomorrow night (or Wednesday morning at 1am, I guess) after we take the kid trick or treating. I am already in vacation mode at work. I don't want to do anything. Happy Monday!

No packing for me yet either. But I was cutting vinyl last night and this morning for shirts and costumes. So they should be done in plenty of time to allow me to pack. And I have a spreadsheet to pack from. I need to print that out and then packing will be easy peasy!

Two quick more than likely stupid questions.

1. When should we expect to see our race shirt previews and such? It feels like the last couple of races it is literally the day before the first race!
2. What is this gift card everyone is talking about getting in their email?

Hope everyone is super excited and ready to go! This was supposed to be my big cross off my list before I turn 40 (in 2 weeks) hurrah. I decided I wanted to do all of the Florida Disney races in one year. 3 down with this one on deck but unfortunately I blew out both ankles in July. They BOTH need to be fused.(Yay for JRA that turned into regular good ole RA!)
Being the stubborn redhead I am, I've put the surgeries on hold so I can complete my goal. Training has been rather pointless and I've all but given up on keeping pace/time. I have no doubt that I will be swept but I figure it still counts if I get out there and try!

Good luck everyone and have fun!

1. When should we expect to see our race shirt previews and such? It feels like the last couple of races it is literally the day before the first race!

Hope everyone is super excited and ready to go! This was supposed to be my big cross off my list before I turn 40 (in 2 weeks) hurrah. I decided I wanted to do all of the Florida Disney races in one year. 3 down with this one on deck but unfortunately I blew out both ankles in July. They BOTH need to be fused.(Yay for JRA that turned into regular good ole RA!)
Being the stubborn redhead I am, I've put the surgeries on hold so I can complete my goal. Training has been rather pointless and I've all but given up on keeping pace/time. I have no doubt that I will be swept but I figure it still counts if I get out there and try!

Wow, you are committed! Way to go, I am sure the cheers and encouragement along the way from other runners will help carry you down the road. Everyone signed up for the challenge or the Half received a ticket to the after party and a $15 gift card. The party ticket was mailed and the gift card sent in an email. 5k and 10K runners do not receive either of these.

I'll have everything but princess and Paris this year! Congrats.

Just a note on gift cards, if you choose to consolidate on DisneyGiftCard.com, we do, appears many others do as well, you can charge everything to your "magic band" (Account) and go to Guest Services the morning of check out and pay the balance with the gift card or put the gift card toward your balance.

I like to buy one here or there when they're doing 4x fuel points at KR and then consolidate to one before we leave.

Hmmm, how realistic is it for me to shave 10 minutes off my HM I haven't been training for....... :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter