Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Did my "practise" half today at the Rock N Roll here in Dublin.
All the bling for the weekend! The medals are really lovely. Kids and I enjoyed the fun run too.

Congrats! This race is on my bucket list. Mostly just because I love Dublin! (I lived there for a brief period in my 20's.) I'd love to get back and run the city! Or just get back! ;)

Sounds like a lot of people did practice runs today! Me too! I did a local 10k and had a blast! Now that I know I can do a 10k officially, I'll be working on my pace so I have more time to stop for characters!

Today was my first long run of training for the W&D. I did five miles. This heat really takes its toll on my pace, but I'm happy that I was able to power through. Five to six miles is usually my sweet spot anyway.

I did 10 miles today - felt good.

I'm not sure exactly how to train for this. I am doing the W&D half, but my big race this year will be the WDW full marathon (my first ever 26.2, and exactly 13.1 longer than anything I've ever ran before).

I would love to know the course start and finish points... Hopefully RD will give us some clues before the course map gets released in October.

Hiya - my DH and I are coming from Scotland for the Half. Its going to be his first half and my 3rd (my first was in Edinburgh this year and I a doing the Great Aberdeen Run in 2 weeks time). We did the Dark Side 10k last year at the end of our holiday but this time we are arriving just a few days before hand so hopefully the early starts will be just a little bit less painful

We have done the Food and Drink Festival and couple of times but this is the first time we have done a run

Sooooo Excited

Yay!!! Half and 10K courses should be the same as (or at least similar to) Star Wars Dark Side this year. And those were great!

I'm actually very excited to run in Animal Kingdom since I've already ran in Epcot. I was going to be happy either way, but now I just hope there's a good amount of "in park" time. Now I need to go zoom off to check out the Dark Side courses for a reminder of what they looked like.

I just want to know if gondola construction will alter routes at all
Both the dark side courses, if I'm looking at the right maps, went through IG....wondering if that's still possible with Skyliner construction. Conceivably the entrance is not closing so not sure why you wouldn't be able to run through it as it doesn't open (I think) for public entry until 11 without dining reservation etc...

Course start and stop updated on official site
5k says AK
10k & half says MK parking lot start and end at Epcot (which was How dark side was)

Even though I find it odd they would run Wine and Dine 5k at Animal Kingdom still seems pretty cool and now I wish I was running it.

Also hoping they work in more character stops for the half than Star Wars. They used a few of the sets for Star Wars so maybe those will be replaced with characters. :)

Both the dark side courses, if I'm looking at the right maps, went through IG....wondering if that's still possible with Skyliner construction. Conceivably the entrance is not closing so not sure why you wouldn't be able to run through it as it doesn't open (I think) for public entry until 11 without dining reservation etc...

International Gateway opens at the same time as the Main Entrance opens. World Showcase, as a whole, doesn't open until 11am.

And from the map I pulled up from the Google, it doesn't appear to go thru the IG guest entrance, but the service entrance right beside, causing little potential in non-runner inconvenience in entering Epcot by way of IG.

Even though I find it odd they would run Wine and Dine 5k at Animal Kingdom still seems pretty cool and now I wish I was running it.

Also hoping they work in more character stops for the half than Star Wars. They used a few of the sets for Star Wars so maybe those will be replaced with characters. :)

To my recollection, all of the Wine & Dine 5K's (except the very first) have been held at Animal Kingdom. But I agree, that the one which would make the most sense to be held at Epcot, being held elsewhere is almost laughable.

In case anyone else had a question as to what the Dark Side Half course looked like...
2017-dark-side-half-marathon-map-official_1_orig.jpg

International Gateway opens at the same time as the Main Entrance opens. World Showcase, as a whole, doesn't open until 11am.

And from the map I pulled up from the Google, it doesn't appear to go thru the IG guest entrance, but the service entrance right beside, causing little potential in non-runner inconvenience in entering Epcot by way of IG.

To my recollection, all of the Wine & Dine 5K's (except the very first) have been held at Animal Kingdom. But I agree, that the one which would make the most sense to be held at Epcot, being held elsewhere is almost laughable.
Good eye, should have looked at the zoomed in Epcot pullout.

You are correct. You go left right before you get to the IG and that takes you behind the England Pavilion. You come out between England and Canada and then go right. That's for the half.

Correct, you go in like in the Marathon or other 10ks at Epcot via backstage, but I think that is the area of some gondola construction, but I could be totally off on that. The AK 5k is so fun though and at least it gives a different course from the other ones so I think it's cool they kept it there.

Good eye, should have looked at the zoomed in Epcot pullout.

Yay!!! Half and 10K courses should be the same as (or at least similar to) Star Wars Dark Side this year. And those were great!
Question: was this the one where we ran around the whole AK parking lot? All the races are blending together for me... and I hated that part...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter