Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Just an FYI: VP Pence will be coming to grand Floridian sometime today. The Mears people say it may mess with traffic but they have no info on timing etc. They do not know the impact this weekend.

Last edited:
I really like the way the expo and bib pick-up were set up. It seemed much more organized than in the past, and the official merch was much easier to navigate.

If anyone is planning to head over, it's pretty dead now. I was in and out of bib pick-up in 2 minutes.

Edit: spelled bib wrong twice - two different ways. Go me!

Last edited:
Just an FYI: VP Pence will be coming to grand Floridian sometime today. The Mears people say it may mess with traffic but they have no info on timing etc. They do not know the impact this weekend.
He has a 5:00 at Correct Craft out by the airport, so he will not likely be over to WDW before 6:30 or 7:00. The problem comes from the rolling road blocks that will close down the roads when he is coming through. This will effect SR 528, I-4, and World Drive, though it is pretty short lived. He was in town last month for half a day and messed up the traffic on SR 417 near the airport for a little while. If you see a bunch of cops parked along a roadway near intersections or on/off ramps, they are waiting for the call to stop all traffic and block the roads.

He has a 5:00 at Correct Craft out by the airport, so he will not likely be over to WDW before 6:30 or 7:00. The problem comes from the rolling road blocks that will close down the roads when he is coming through. This will effect SR 528, I-4, and World Drive, though it is pretty short lived. He was in town last month for half a day and messed up the traffic on SR 417 near the airport for a little while. If you see a bunch of cops parked along a roadway near intersections or on/off ramps, they are waiting for the call to stop all traffic and block the roads.
Do we know what he is there for?

Do we know what he is there for?

I googled it - he is speaking at a political fundraising dinner at the Grand Floridian tonight. The dinner starts at 7pm w/ a 5:30pm reception. According to the Orlando Sentinel, the dinner is the Florida GOP's largest fundraising event...

I googled it - he is speaking at a political fundraising dinner at the Grand Floridian tonight. The dinner starts at 7pm w/ a 5:30pm reception. According to the Orlando Sentinel, the dinner is the Florida GOP's largest fundraising event...
Thanks! Selfishly im sitting here thinking, do we really need more people in Disney this weekend? hoping they go to the dinner and LEAVE.

Good luck everyone! Jealous of course.

I keep seeing more and more that this is one of the last chances to get NB shoes at the expo. Buy one get one half off at that.

I saw there are discounts at DS for the weekend for runners. do we need to show anything to prove we are running or just ask for it?

I prefer the expo set up at Cali. Don’t mind me while I pick apart reasons I like the Cali runs more than FL and cry about the hiatus.

Anyone checking out any places outside of WDW? We are in Tampa Bay right now drinking at Cigar City Brewing.
51CD81C0-80FF-4438-949B-CB10D31A6FF0.jpeg

Can you drive and park directly to pick up our packets? Or do you have to park somewhere else and then take a bus over? Running the half on Sunday but thinking of picking up my packet early on Friday or Saturday. I'm not staying at a Disney hotel. Thanks!

Can you drive and park directly to pick up our packets? Or do you have to park somewhere else and then take a bus over? Running the half on Sunday but thinking of picking up my packet early on Friday or Saturday. I'm not staying at a Disney hotel. Thanks!

You can drive to ESPN for the expo - no need to park somewhere else and take a bus. :car:

Corral A for 5k! I'll be happy for any company in the corral tomorrow. Gonna try to get near front to dash to characters :)

Hubby got A for 10k. So if you see a tall guy in an oozma kappa shirt and mu hat please say hi :)

I’m in a for the 5k, too! Don’t tell on me - ‘cause I certainly don’t belong there! :cool2:

A for the 5K for me too!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hope everyone's Expo Day went well. I wasted most of my day at the doctor (cortisone shot, oh boy!) and dealing with Runner Relations (where I was far from the only one), but luckily both eventually worked out. Didn't really have a chance to look through merch, so I'll do that tomorrow.

Picked up my pre-order jacket that I'm pretty meh about ... so, here's to the weekend turning around once the races start tomorrow!

So I am going to ask a dumb question but just want to make sure...your corral is the letter on your bib right? I have a "D" on my bib. How many corrals are there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter