• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

I wouldn't print that too quickly.

If the Star Wars half goes off better (i.e. Nearly painless). I'd be shocked if they didn't follow the same path. Or similar... Starting at Epcot and ending at ESPN .... Mid path tbd.

It gets everyone out of the parks well before opening.
I've been thinking the same thing. So we SW runners really need to make a mess of that course, right?! ;)

Alright, so I mentioned upthread that I read a post on Facebook where someone "illegally" registered for a race early - as in, they weren't an AP or DVC member and they registered early anyway. About a month later they got an email notifying them that Active was refunding their registration fee (and thus their registration was canceled), and by then it was too late for them to get into the race some other way.

Today I'm planning on registering my husband for the 10K - this is supposed to be legal since we're in the same household (I'm an AP, he is not)...but reading about this other registration getting canceled is making me nervous. I'm wondering how they figured out this person on Facebook wasn't an AP, because I really can't see them taking the time to go through and check every single registration. And they always have a question about "are you an Annual Passholder?" so is that what they use?

At any rate...I'm wondering if it would be safer to register Mr. Ariel484 next week. Congrats runDisney, you're officially driving me crazy!!

Way late here, but I actually thought the same household rule applied to DVC only? Since it is assumed the whole household will use the DVC purchase and are "members"? Whereas AP is more individual?

Everything is closed out. Oh well. My husband got the half, nothing for me. So annoyed even though I know how the game is played--can't believe EVERYTHING was on hold at 12:02pm. SERIOUSLY? I got to the 'who are you trying to register' page and then got kicked to the hold.

Deep breathes my dear. We will be fine next week!!

Congrats to those who got in!!! Hopefully those who missed out on early registration will have better luck on the regular registration day. I remember last year that the AP/DVC registrations went insanely fast and while the regular registration also went quick it wasn't as quick as early registration.

:wave: Everyone, from last years reigning W&D early registration snafu/everything went wrong victim. It was sheer madness. But, I agree with @ZellyB regular registration really wasnt as bad. Promise.

Disney/someone REALLY goes through all the trouble? To cross reference?
Not to be sour, but that seems mighty time consuming & hard to believe.
I think the NSA could take lessons from Disney in tracking people. For instance DVC members receive special gifts when they are on a Disney Cruise. Somehow DVC knows you are on the cruise and in which cabin you are staying. I would think in this age of technology it would be fairly easy to find the "cheaters".

Omg I'm so excited for Tuesday :)

I'm an AP and could have signed up today, but had a dentist appointment. I'm not too worried about it, because I heard of the near impossibility of sign ups today.

My mom and I just finished the couch to 5k program, and have both run or walked 5Ks in the past...when we heard about the 10K we knew we had to sign up! (We were going to do the 5K originally)

Anyway! Sorry...did anyone who signed up today happen to see the prices and choices for the commemorative items? I just want to be prepared for Tuesday!

Thanks!

That's a good one! I believe according to the calendar last year it started that Sunday, race weekend, so interesting to see if they do that this year. If so, bye bye after party for me!
I know! So many moving parts to this race now... I wouldn't want to miss either party... but changes dates of travel for me now again considering MVMCP and having to stay until potentially Tuesday for it.

Way late here, but I actually thought the same household rule applied to DVC only? Since it is assumed the whole household will use the DVC purchase and are "members"? Whereas AP is more individual?
I have no idea - they have no "rules" or terms printed on their AP page, and normally I don't have to worry because MR. Ariel484 is not a huge fan of running. I talked myself out of trying to register him and I doubt I would have been able to anyway, with how quickly everything went today, so I'll be back for his 10K entry next week. :)
Omg I'm so excited for Tuesday :)

I'm an AP and could have signed up today, but had a dentist appointment. I'm not too worried about it, because I heard of the near impossibility of sign ups today.

My mom and I just finished the couch to 5k program, and have both run or walked 5Ks in the past...when we heard about the 10K we knew we had to sign up! (We were going to do the 5K originally)

Anyway! Sorry...did anyone who signed up today happen to see the prices and choices for the commemorative items? I just want to be prepared for Tuesday!

Thanks!
Great job finishing C25K...I used that one too! :)

What items are you interested in, as far as pricing?

It'll be much easier to get in next week. More availability.

Really curious what to expect for next week. In the past, I've used only early registration or gone through a TA! How crazy is it going to be next week for regular registration, do you think?? I'll be trying for at least one 5K and one 10K... maybe a 5K and challenge for my sister if she can't do her own. Is that too ambitious?? :confused3

I'm not running this race this year, and yet, I'm lurking on this thread waiting to hear about you early registration folks getting in. I'm crazy. :crazy:

I am not either and forgot to watch at noon so catching up now. I will try and volunteer for this weekend if that window is available.

I think the NSA could take lessons from Disney in tracking people. For instance DVC members receive special gifts when they are on a Disney Cruise. Somehow DVC knows you are on the cruise and in which cabin you are staying. I would think in this age of technology it would be fairly easy to find the "cheaters".

They do - and they cancel their registrations. Its simply easier to do it after the fact when you can compare the lists of registrants vs. the DVC, Cast Member, AP, etc lists

Really curious what to expect for next week. In the past, I've used only early registration or gone through a TA! How crazy is it going to be next week for regular registration, do you think?? I'll be trying for at least one 5K and one 10K... maybe a 5K and challenge for my sister if she can't do her own. Is that too ambitious?? :confused3
I don't think so. Definitely go for the 10K first, then the challenge, then the 5Ks.

I think the 10K will be the most crazy...inaugural year + lots of spots being taken up by challenge runners.

They do - and they cancel their registrations. Its simply easier to do it after the fact when you can compare the lists of registrants vs. the DVC, Cast Member, AP, etc lists
Curious if they do this to people who try with an AP cert, assuming that this qualifies them?? Or people who register their kids who are not technically DVC members but the parents are?? Cancelling registrations in cases like this -- and doing it AFTER regular registration opens -- would seem pretty nasty. They don't state their rules clearly. Would seem unfair to penalize people this harshly.

I could see cancelling a registration if an adult who isn't DVC, doesn't have an AP, and doesn't even have an AP cert uses the early link to register. Otherwise it's a bit much given Disney's lack of clarity.

I don't think so. Definitely go for the 10K first, then the challenge, then the 5Ks.

I think the 10K will be the most crazy...inaugural year + lots of spots being taken up by challenge runners.
Cool - thanks!! I think I would have started with the challenge, but I think you're right -- 10K first makes more sense!! :)

@Nicole786 here's the pre-order merch. No pictures of anything (of course :rolleyes2) and these prices are before adding on an extra 6.5-7% in Active.com fees (sigh...).

25991403455_8a8064303c_b.jpg

Curious if they do this to people who try with an AP cert, assuming that this qualifies them?? Or people who register their kids who are not technically DVC members but the parents are?? Cancelling registrations in cases like this -- and doing it AFTER regular registration opens -- would seem pretty nasty. They don't state their rules clearly. Would seem unfair to penalize people this harshly.

I could see cancelling a registration if an adult who isn't DVC, doesn't have an AP, and doesn't even have an AP cert uses the early link to register. Otherwise it's a bit much given Disney's lack of clarity.
The only registration I was able to complete was my son's 100m dash. If that gets cancelled because he's not technically a "DVC Member", I'm going to lose my *&%$.

The only registration I was able to complete was my son's 100m dash. If that gets cancelled because he's not technically a "DVC Member", I'm going to lose my *&%$.
I AM WITH YOU!! I would TOTALLY feel the same way in your position!! We buy DVC -- at considerable cost -- for our household to use it. That should mean you can register your kids... I mean, come on!?!?

Indeed, fancy! Here's a plain/clear goblet - Tervis, classing the joint up! :rotfl2:
Ah, that's what it is! How funny, a wine glass-shaped Tervis!
I AM WITH YOU!! I would TOTALLY feel the same way in your position!! We buy DVC -- at considerable cost -- for our household to use it. That should mean you can register your kids... I mean, come on!?!?
I think you'd both have a pretty good case to lose your ish on runDisney, since they outlined the DVC registrations a little more clearly - IF it happens. Hopefully it'll be okay!!

All I can say is that I use a different name and address for rD than my AP (long story, but all legal lol!) - if ever they actually compared the two, there'd be no match at all. Hasn't been an issue yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter