• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

Has anyone signed up for a race early with the AP website? Just wondering how to do it if the website never works?

OK. Finally back at a real computer. What browser are you using? I think that may be the issue. When I use Chrome to access the AP runDisney benefits page, it prompts me to log in and then sits at a blank screen and refuses to load. When I use Internet Explorer to do the same, the page comes up with no issues. I vaguely remember having to use IE when I did this to register for Star Wars Dark Side. Hope this helps!

Race registration itself is done through Active, correct...for the 1/2 and for the kids races? What about the spectator tickets for the finish line party? Are those purchased like park tickets on the regular disney site or also done through Active?

OK. Finally back at a real computer. What browser are you using? I think that may be the issue. When I use Chrome to access the AP runDisney benefits page, it prompts me to log in and then sits at a blank screen and refuses to load. When I use Internet Explorer to do the same, the page comes up with no issues. I vaguely remember having to use IE when I did this to register for Star Wars Dark Side. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the help! I will have to try IE, I have tried using Chrome and safari with no luck. So frustrating because I can't see any of the benefits!

What is the cost to register for the Wine and Dine Half and for the 5k?

Prices are list prices, prior to taxes and fees.

_______Half_____5K_____Pin
2015---$190-----$65-----$15.99
2014---$185-----DNP-----$15.99
2013---$175-----$50-----$14.93
2012---$170-----$50-----$13.86
2011---I cannot access the receipt, but I think $160--$45--$13
2010---I cannot access the receipt, but I think $150--$95 (included MNSSHP ticket)--$13

I am planning on maintaining my perfect W&D status. I also plan on the DL Half and gonna try the DLP Half as well. I like the bonus medals. ;) Coast to Coast and Castle to Chateau....yeah. I'm all about that!

I'm using W&D as the race to get back into the runDisney world. I had to take a few years off because of knee issues and work, but I'm back and I'm ready to get back in it. My ultimate goal is Dopey in 2018, but I'm ready to get back in the groove... plus I need a time to get in a decent coral again. I'll be back in the last coral, which I'm not looking forward to :sad2:

Not much of a runner but me and the fiancé are going to do the 5K. We will see how it goes and maybe move up. She wants to work up to a half but I do not think I could ever do a half.

Prices are list prices, prior to taxes and fees.
_______Half_____5K_____Pin
2015---$190-----$65-----$15.99
2014---$185-----DNP-----$15.99
2013---$175-----$50-----$14.93
2012---$170-----$50-----$13.86
2011---I cannot access the receipt, but I think $160--$45--$13
2010---I cannot access the receipt, but I think $150--$95 (included MNSSHP ticket)--$13

Any bets it'll be over $200 this year?

I am planning on maintaining my perfect W&D status. I also plan on the DL Half and gonna try the DLP Half as well. I like the bonus medals. ;) Coast to Coast and Castle to Chateau....yeah. I'm all about that!

Lol, I love it! Wonder if they will make some type of continent to continent challenge medal?

I think I am just going to sign up for the 5k. I am worried if I d the HM I will be way too sore to enjoy the parks with my son. Also unless our dollar gets better the HM will be way too much money to stick to a budget somewhat with bringing my son. We are hoping to do the Christmas party.

All resorts have buses to the races don't they?

All resorts have buses to the races don't they?

No. Only the 'host resorts' do - you can see the indicative list from 2015 on the runDisney website, but we won't formally know the 2016 ones until sometime closer to registration.

No. Only the 'host resorts' do - you can see the indicative list from 2015 on the runDisney website, but we won't formally know the 2016 ones until sometime closer to registration.

Oh ok. When I was there last year for the princess 10k there seemed there was buses for alot of resorts. I guess I will have to wait to book a place to stay at.

Oh ok. When I was there last year for the princess 10k there seemed there was buses for alot of resorts. I guess I will have to wait to book a place to stay at.

The Princess is a bigger weekend. The Wine and Dine is a smaller (lower capacity) race. Although it would be nice if all resorts were host hotels, that is not the case.

All Disney resorts host during Princess Weekend and Marathon weekend while only a select number host during other events. Though, I believe WDW's Star Wars Weekend is featuring all resorts as host resorts too!

I guess I will plan for $200 for HM if I do it and $70 for 5k. Sure hope our dollar gets better so I can book the Disney runs I want to do next winter.

Last edited:
I'm in for the half! Already have an alarm reminder and am lucky registration is during my spring break! Looking forward to it and hoping the weather will cooperate. I did the inaugural ToT 10 miler back in 2012 and it was hot! I think W & D is due for good weather!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter