• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL Wind and dine 2022 threat!

I sure hope not. It’s bad enough to run the same route year after year, but to rehash themes too?

Marathon Weekend would like to have a word with you…

Princess Weekend and the late Star Wars Weekend might be there, too.

Changing up themes between years isn’t really something rD has made a habit of. Even Wine & Dine has maintained a food-based theme and just rotated characters within it. You could make the argument that that’s all they did with the villains this year and using a different set of villains next year is as much rotation of the theme as they’ve ever done.

All in all, I wouldn’t be surprised to see villains remain as the theme, with different representatives for each race. I was surprised it took rD so long to work villains into a race weekend, given their overall popularity.

I’m here for 2022 wine and dine! Waiting for my 11 month window to open so I can book my resort!
I hope they go back to the wine and dine theme though. While I liked the villains theme, I don’t get how it relates to wine and dine.

My 4 year old has also told me he wants to run with me. It looks like he’ll be able to run the 5k next year once he’s 5, so we’ll be training next summer.

I need to remember to book at my 11 month window. Definitely planning on being there!
I have a reminder on my calendar to book our stay! I've been checking, and people are walking their reservations. I just hope they're not all doing it for Wine and Dine weekend!

I usually book one of the Marriott properties at Flamingo Crossing way, way in advance. I keep checking every month and rebook when the price drops. Cancellation is usually very generous; a day or two before check-in. If I see a good deal at Pop I'll book that as well.

Is it really critical to book 11 months out? Are there particular resorts/room types that sell out that far in advance?

Is it really critical to book 11 months out? Are there particular resorts/room types that sell out that far in advance?
The 11 months are for DVC owners. You should be fine if you’re booking a cash reservation. Although I think they’ve been booking pretty far in advance as well recently.

Has anyone done any of the 5k with younger kids? My 4 year old really wants to do it with us. He'll be 5 by the race, so we're planning on signing him up. I'm just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience.

Is Jersey week even a thing anymore, or has it moved to "Urban legend" status? ;)
Epcot was crazy packed in a way I had not experienced in November right before the race weekend. By Sunday, it was so much better. It certainly seemed real to me.

It looks like we have two W&D 2022 threads going.

Mods....can you merge this thread and the Wind and Dine Threat thread together???

Epcot was crazy packed in a way I had not experienced in November right before the race weekend. By Sunday, it was so much better. It certainly seemed real to me.

It just happened that this year Wine & Dine and Jersey week fell on the same weekend. That’s probably why it felt particularly crowded. Usually the races take place the weekend before Jersey week so a majority of the crowds between the two events don’t normally overlap this much.

It just happened that this year Wine & Dine and Jersey week fell on the same weekend. That’s probably why it felt particularly crowded. Usually the races take place the weekend before Jersey week so a majority of the crowds between the two events don’t normally overlap this much.
Normally it’s either the weekend leading out of JW like this year or the weekend leading into it

Newbie here, if staying at Boardwalk or Beach club can you walk to the start line?

Newbie here, if staying at Boardwalk or Beach club can you walk to the start line?

The Wine & Dine races start in the Magic Kingdom parking lot, so definitely not. Even for Marathon Weekend and Princess, which start at Epcot, you're not able to walk to the starting line, as Epcot isn't open prior to the races.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter