2018 WDW Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Hurricane Hannah's Happy Hour!
Meet-Up Date:
Saturday, Nov. 3
Meet-Up Time: 2 p.m.
Meet-Up Location: Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club (Stormalong Bay pool bar)
Meet-Up Host: @croach
More Info: Get together for an afternoon at WDW's best poolside bar!
Attendees: @Capang, @mrsg00fy +1, @Mickey Momma +2, @dmross, @bearybubba +1, @Kerry1957, @Bree, @rteetz, @Dis_Yoda

Hey y’all! RSVP’in for today! I’ll be at Hurricane Hannah’s too! I’ll assume I can find you all. Look for me!

@Keels since W&D weekend is over and marathon is up next, do you happen to already have a outline of whats in store for DATW? I can make FP+ on 11/12 and trying to plan out that day currently. Start in Mexico at 11:00 AM or Canada? Are we aiming to have a Dis group FP+ effort somewhere along the way? Currently planning on using my tier 1 on Soarin that morning because DD does not like the "drop" in FEA.

How about marathon morning meet ups and parking lot beers... I need info on the options. Are we talking flavored water or real beer lol. I need all the info!!!

@Keels since W&D weekend is over and marathon is up next, do you happen to already have a outline of whats in store for DATW? I can make FP+ on 11/12 and trying to plan out that day currently. Start in Mexico at 11:00 AM or Canada? Are we aiming to have a Dis group FP+ effort somewhere along the way? Currently planning on using my tier 1 on Soarin that morning because DD does not like the "drop" in FEA.

How about marathon morning meet ups and parking lot beers... I need info on the options. Are we talking flavored water or real beer lol. I need all the info!!!

I'll work on something this afternoon.

As for parking lot beers, there's always Bud Light - and I think @croach got me a coffee blonde this year, but there's usually a couple of "craft" offerings. Mostly local stuff like Playalinda.

OK. I'm not going to commit to it, but I'm at least thinking about it ...

If I were to build a basic app that had realtime tracking for DATW, I need to get an idea of how many people would use it AND how they would use it. There would be no communication interaction - it would just kinda be like following the arrival or trip of an Uber/Lyft and would have a timestamped update with different locations that would also be available as a push notification. Maybe a photo gallery if I'm feeling generous.

It would be free and be 100-percent by invite only so I can keep control over server traffic.

If this is of interest to you, please take a moment to complete the following short survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...XPd3N6TA-zVCZdqorExNnkBQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

If I were to build a basic app that had realtime tracking for DATW, I need to get an idea of how many people would use it AND how they would use it. There would be no communication interaction - it would just kinda be like following the arrival or trip of an Uber/Lyft and would have a timestamped update with different locations that would also be available as a push notification. Maybe a photo gallery if I'm feeling generous.

It would be free and be 100-percent by invite only so I can keep control over server traffic.

If this is of interest to you, please take a moment to complete the following short survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...XPd3N6TA-zVCZdqorExNnkBQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Love this idea! I did the survey for both me and @Chris-Mo because he's not on here often enough to be trusted to do it himself. :D

That seems like a lot of effort.

I'll work on something this afternoon.

As for parking lot beers, there's always Bud Light - and I think @croach got me a coffee blonde this year, but there's usually a couple of "craft" offerings. Mostly local stuff like Playalinda.

Soooo BYOB :drinking1or wait to I get to the room. :confused3

So I kinda did a mock up of what the day could look like for me. As a reminder I have two small children (5 and 1) joining me that will want to have fun stuff to do as well.
9:00 SSE
9:40 Living w/ the Land
10:00 Soarin (FP+)
10:30 Club Cool
11:00 Gran Fiesta Tour
11:30 Meet up w/ everyone
11:50 Anna & Elsa M&G
12:10 China
12:35 Germany
1:20 Pizza
2:50 Japan / pick a pearl
3:20 Morocco
3:45 France / Meet Bell
4:20 UK
4:45 Canada
5:05 M&G Disney Visa
5:25 Figment
5:40 Nemo
6:00 Crush
TBA
9:00 Illuminations

So my question for those who have done this already. Am I allowing enough time for each country or is it a much slower pace? I also may have to skip some group stuff with M&G's along the way, to keep all parties happy, plus I dont hate them that much lol.

So my question for those who have done this already. Am I allowing enough time for each country or is it a much slower pace? I also may have to skip some group stuff with M&G's along the way, to keep all parties happy, plus I dont hate them that much lol.

It's about 20-30 minutes per country. Some longer, like Japan where there is a lot to see and check out; some less, like China where the drink options are terrible and there's not as much of interest.

You’re KILLING me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter