***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

The lady holding the fastpass sign stated that it is was for people with disabilities. Not going to touch that one!
Yes someone with a disability and uses this service I am so grestful for it and then letting us use it

I did both in about 50 minutes. But I was one of the first 150ish people into the land at 5. I overheard someone that looked important that they didn’t have the tentative go ahead until after 3 and the final go ahead until around 4.

Took us an hour and half. Really enjoyed. Looks like they have closed the line or it has really shortened since we went through it.

Took us an hour and half. Really enjoyed. Looks like they have closed the line or it has really shortened since we went through it.
Took us a little less than that! Sorry I didn’t respond earlier. We jumped over to ToT and RRC! We gave up our Aliens FP for tomorrow am to avoid the crazy!

They have that promotion out for Sept. 3-8, and part of it was 2 hours of "exclusive access" to TS Land. It doesn't say when the two hours is, but I would think it would be after closing, maybe before opening?
I bought the package and the group page link that was included in the confirmation email says this:
Play around with two hours of exclusive evening access to Toy Story Land
The rumor in our group is it will be 10 - midnight.

I bought the package and the group page link that was included in the confirmation email says this:
Play around with two hours of exclusive evening access to Toy Story Land
The rumor in our group is it will be 10 - midnight.

I didn’t know they sent them out already! I had been watching my email like a hawk for weeks :(

I guess they did say it was only sent to “select” passholders

Happy people got to ride today! What did you guys think of the rides?

Planning to be there for 5am tomorrow, kind of excited to be there for the opening!

Here were my general experiences - I saw on here the confirmation that it was open while having an early dinner at Disney Springs. We decided to skip shopping and The Void and instead took a Lyft over to HS, arriving at 6pm. Went right back to TSL and it was pretty crowded, but you could walk through it. We got in in the long extended queue for SDD and the CM said it would be 3 hours. It took us about 25 minute to make it to the "real" queue, and 80 minutes total. That 80 minutes went pretty fast - there was a constant light drizzle so it was never super hot, the line moved constantly and there was a lot to see. Plus just the general air of happiness and excitement in the queue.

While we did SDD my daughter did TSMM, which she said was a walk-on. We forgoed aliens because it was posted at 80 and we weren't too excited to ride it. Instead we walked around taking pictures, did a photopass at the buzz statue and then did TSMM (posted at 45 but practically a walk-on). We left for a while to get drinks & ride ST then came back to take pictures in the dark.

It looks like Slinky Dog is a very smooth ride compared to BTM, maybe even a little slower? Defiantly goes in the air higher then BTM. I'm not a big roller coaster person but I can do BTM and 7 Dwarfs I think because the don't go very high in the air (fear of falling+vertigo=not a fan of heights)

For those who've rode what would you say this ride compares to?

OK, so I'm kind of a whimp. I only started doing BTM a couple of years ago and now I love it, and I'll do 7 Dwarfs and love it, but won't touch Space, Splash, Everest or RNRRC. SDD was pretty scary for me because it was so high and exposed (just those thin rails, compared to the solidness that is BTM & 7DMT). However, it was also fabulously fun. I would probably do it again. I didn't get that dropping feeling in my stomach, which is a hard line for me. I do get vertigo, but that's more likely to happen on Star Tours than SDD. Hope that helps.

Happy people got to ride today! What did you guys think of the rides?

Planning to be there for 5am tomorrow, kind of excited to be there for the opening!
Slinky is cute. Fun coaster, better than 7D in our opinion. Certainly not worth the 3-4 hour wait I’m sure it’ll get up to though. Aliens we watched but didn’t ride. I actually gave up our FP for tomorrow am for that because it was something that to us didn’t look worth the fight of the crowds.
I think in general the land as a whole will be better once it’s opened through to Star Wars. Now it’s just a dead end past Aliens where people are going to get very congested.

I have stopped riding roller coasters because of my back and I really miss it. The part that is the problem is the stop at the bottom before an incline and the lurch forward. Slinky looks very smooth, but is it continuous motion or are there stops and starts? Thanks for any info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter