***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

We will be there June 30th and July 1st. I am trying to figure out my best strategy.. I read they will be opening at 7 on July 1.... but depending on if we can get fast passes.. I can't figure out the best day to go... June 30 or 1st? Looking for advice.. I have never been at Disney for the opening of anything. thanks!

We will be there June 30th and July 1st. I am trying to figure out my best strategy.. I read they will be opening at 7 on July 1.... but depending on if we can get fast passes.. I can't figure out the best day to go... June 30 or 1st? Looking for advice.. I have never been at Disney for the opening of anything. thanks!

I’d probably just go either day at rope drop and hit the rides. Not really much you can do in these situations except have fun and try not to push to hard lol

Then probably head back later in the day to explore

We usually avoid EMH, but this trip we are going to take advantage of them at HS for Toy Story Land. FP reservations cannot be made during EMHs correct?

Any idea how crowds were in the area during something like that? I obviously wouldn't expect walk-on, but were wait times comparable to the weeks after official opening? Will be there the week before...
For Pandora NRJ was a walk on or a short wait. FoP they gave specific times for people to ride.

Any idea how crowds were in the area during something like that? I obviously wouldn't expect walk-on, but were wait times comparable to the weeks after official opening? Will be there the week before...

Wait times during my Pandora preview.. River journey was walk on as many times as you wanted. FoP was a walk on for the first 20 min or so of the window then it hit about a 45 min wait.

Wait times were nowhere near what you see after the land was officially open

I figured this was how the tiers were going to fall, especially since they just did it with AK. Will be interesting to see how the tier system will look when they finish GE. :faint:

I think it will just like $$$$$.

We usually avoid EMH, but this trip we are going to take advantage of them at HS for Toy Story Land. FP reservations cannot be made during EMHs correct?
I think that is correct... I was hoping to secure a fast pass for slinky dog .. not sure if we are going hs both days or what... I guess whatever if any FP will determine that to some degree...

Thank you SO much for updating this thread. As I mentioned before, I tried to book this morning with DSS and the FPs for Toy Story Land were not available, but thanks to DISers I saw that someone could book so I called DSS back and got all three new Toy Story Land rides for the morning of the 30th. Thankful for sharing this info.

How did you get all three for the 30th, since they are all tier 1.

We'll be there way before TSL opens, but those paid CL FPs are pretty awesome. We've got a really amazing evening to look forward to at AK!!!
Agreed! We arrive 4/14 and I was originally stressed out because this is our shortest trip ever at only 4 nights. But now with all these FPs I'm thinking the 4 nights is plenty!

Thoughts on what time they will let people in HS the first couple weeks Toy Story Land opens? Right now park opening is 8:00, with EMH at 7:00am. Trying to decide what time we should get there to be in the first wave in.

I find it hard to believe that they've only extended park hours for July for DHS. Does anyone think they'll add EMH to DHS for August-December or just extend hours?

We are going Jersey Week and I was hoping for a few more AM EMH. October only has one a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter