***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

They are doing interviews for cast members this week who want to work in the new Toy Story Area.
The entire process started about a month ago with the announcement on the HUB explaining how to go about transferring to a new role and the time line for doing it.

In talking with a few CMs who applied, they've already been told that they're in.

So excited about TSL - a little concerned about FP planning though (as haven't don FOP in AK either). So which park day would you push out - do TSL earlier and then AK day? or vice versa? Going in October, so trying to guess how demand will be by then.
I'm in the same boat, going in Nov. ADR day is coming up really soon though and I would like to solidify plans. Tusker House shouldn't be super hard to move around though if I have to switch my AK and HS days. I'm not making ADR's at HS.

My FP window opened this morning, and when I tried to book a FP for TSMM for Friday June 29, it wasn't even an option. Are others having luck booking TSMM FPs for that week, prior to the grand opening on June 30?

Ok thanks! I thought I read that they would be available sooner than that, but I must have been mistaken!
They might, they just are not yet showing. Nothing has really been said from Disney. They are working on changes to the original 2 tracks so only the 3rd track is currently open, the reason there are no fastpasses. It was said by a CM??? or kinda reported that there would be no fast passes until the 2nd week of May but no follow up or clarification has been heard of since on when/how or if that is true. Currently it can be booked June 30th and forward. When they were working on the 3rd track and the first 2 were open and they transition over, they offered fastpasses day of for 5 or 6 days. We who are going in May/June hope that at least they will offer that when the work is done until TSL opens but it is just a hope at this moment.

I just came back from DW and there are more people than ever heading to TSMM at rope drop. I got to HS 30 mins before opening and stood by the Starbucks then walked over at rope drop. I wait about 10 mins to get on. When I came out the CMs were telling people it was just under an hour wait....at 9:05AM. This is usually my T1 FP+ option but since it's not available, rope drop is the next best thing.

My FP window opened this morning, and when I tried to book a FP for TSMM for Friday June 29, it wasn't even an option. Are others having luck booking TSMM FPs for that week, prior to the grand opening on June 30?

No me either today, but I will check back from time to time, as someone above said, you never know if it may open up.

I just came back from DW and there are more people than ever heading to TSMM at rope drop. I got to HS 30 mins before opening and stood by the Starbucks then walked over at rope drop. I wait about 10 mins to get on. When I came out the CMs were telling people it was just under an hour wait....at 9:05AM. This is usually my T1 FP+ option but since it's not available, rope drop is the next best thing.

Well, that stinks, but I'll try to go with what you did. Unfortunately only 2 of us are quick walkers, the other 2 are strollers, they just don't get the urgency, lol.
We do have FPs for the week it opens but I'm sure thatll be crazy anyway. Maybe the runner and I will leave the others in the dust and just go on by ourselves! Send the other two to RnR! Lol.

Me too! Based on Pandora's dates last year, today would have been the day for the announcement.

@FastPasser mentioned that this preview is likely to be much less than Pandora given the scope of the two projects. And with the amount of work they have left to do it seems they may not have time for 3-4 weeks of previews anyways. So hopefully in the next week or two we get some news.

What FB groups are you all watching? I normally just check here but thought it might not be a bad idea to follow one.

No me either today, but I will check back from time to time, as someone above said, you never know if it may open up.

If you look back through the pages here and on the Official TSMM thread there has been A LOT of discussion about this. Originally it was thought it may close completely for a time. Then 2 reports in late March suggested after this SB only period (somewhere around May 8th) the FP line would open back up. But nothing has come from Disney so lot of guessing still at this point.

When you click on the TSMM ride on the MDE app, under the ride information it says no FP+ are available from April 9 to May 7. Presumably they are planning on FP+ being available from May 7 on. For what it's worth.

When you click on the TSMM ride on the MDE app, under the ride information it says no FP+ are available from April 9 to May 7. Presumably they are planning on FP+ being available from May 7 on. For what it's worth.

Yeah that is first I have seen that and seems to match the reports from late March. Pretty sure this is the first official info from Disney on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter