***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Hey all!
Here now, back at our hotel after checking out Toy Story Land! It is awesome! We got there an hour early (7am?) and walked right in, the park was already open. At this pre-early hour, TSMM had a 20-min wait, so we did that quick to see the new queue. We had a FP+ for SDD so we got to check out the land. Incredibly themed... everywhere you walk Toy Story music is playing in the background. Toys everywhere! The details are really cool, every board game and card game is represented with a part of the game or the box or even instructions on how to build the structure you're standing under!

We got to ride Slinky... Yay! I thought it was a little faster than the Mine Train, but way cooler. Smooth start right into a launch (no clank up a hill), then it stops you later like you're in a pull-back car. The hills you see in the overhead photos make the ride... and the surprise mid-ride hold!

Aliens was super fun too. It really throws you from side to side... We rode Mater over in California Adventure so I wasn't expecting this to be new but the combination of the futuristic Toy Story music playing and the alien commentary was really cool. I can't even ruin it for you by telling you more. :)

The SDD line looked awful. They were routing you mid-park over by the Chinese Theater, where the line started. Then there was a break, and we found where that continued back behind Pixar Place, then a 3rd line in TSL where it lines up to go into the ride. All this I think to keep the mass of people in line from having to be in the new land.

Woody's Lunchbox was a great breakfast... With our family I think we tried one of everything on the menu. There was an hour line early on just to get food. Then the online ordering went up, and back down, but we squeaked in a mobile order and got through pretty quick. Overall though they said the line was an hour, we got nearly up to the front waiting it out in about a half-hour. There was surprisingly enough seating to find a table after not too much stalking...

And now, a downpour. The ride is down, but we're back at our hotel. They ran the boats today, which is nice. The Dolphin bridge isn't quite done but they clearned enough of the scaffolding to get the boats through.

Our kids were in love with the view of Star Wars Land from the first hill on SDD...
Thank you for sharing!

I got questioned way upthread (@rteetz) for not knowing what “Totchos” are. So, of course I had to try them. :-)

View attachment 334019

Kinda wish I hadn’t!

:rotfl:
LOL!!! I think that the food quality looks pretty impressive at this point in the game with the way the crowds have been today! *If you like...those items...* I'm excited to mobile order a Grown Up Lemonade in September lol

Anyone have predictions on how crazy it will be the last half of August? Our day there will be the 20th. We were going to do TSL first thing, with a FP at TSMM. Now I'm scared we won't be able to do anything over there but that! This is our first trip and we aren't likely to be back soon....

On a whim, we Lyfted to HS this morning at 5am from Kidani. Waited in the park line, was about 50 deep at our cue. They opened the gates early at 6. You had to walk a certain way to get back to TS. waited 35 minutes for Slinky then. Got in line for Alien. 35 minutes. Ate at Woodys through the mobile app, 10 minute wait. TSM said 75 minutes, we decided to do it anyway. Wait was 33 minutes. Not bad at all. Just get their before the buses arrive.

We're back at our rental house now. Spent the late morning, early afternoon in HS. I posted briefly about our experience, but I'm awful trying to type on my phone...I don't even text. Here's a little more about our experience.

We decided not to try to fight the super early crowds, we just didn't want to bother. We left our house around 8:30am. We were fully prepared to wait 30 minutes to get into the parking lot, 30 minutes for security, etc... We were utterly shocked what we found. No joke, we drove right up to the parking lot ticket booth, zero wait. OK, great!! But the crowd had to be at security, right?? Nope. Again, no bag check line...at all. We walked right through, this was roughly 8:50am or so. No line to get in the park either.

We stopped at the Dark Room to buy the special pins for our kids. Found crowds there, but not horrible. We waited maybe 6-8 minutes in line to get it. Our FP+ for SDD was 10:55am, and we had expected to take a ton of time just getting into the park, so we found ourselves with a solid 90+ minutes to kill. We did Muppets, which was busier than normal (that's not saying much) but not completely full. Walking from Muppets to Voyage (we had a FP+ for that) is where we found the crowd. Holy smokes!!! I think it wound through the area of the old TSMM outdoor queue (not sure, we didn't walk there, but it looked like it), then back up past the Chinese theatre, snaked through the outdoor queue for that was used for The Great Movie Ride, and then went all the way back to the middle of the Commissary. Insane. We did Voyage, then walked around Launch Bay just to kill time. Got in line to get into TSL around 10:50am. The FP+ line just to get into TSL didn't take long, maybe 3 minutes.

TSL is super cool. The details they put in are spectacular. The toys all around you are amazing. Everything is themed perfectly. We went right to SDD FP+ line. They had cold water stations for guests, which was nice. We waited about 15 minutes or so in the queue. It was darn hot, which there were more shade. Once we got to the ride, the theme of the queue and the ride loading area is amazing. For example, one of the walls near the ride shows a toy T-Rex in a box, as if it were at a store. There's an old fashion price sticker on it...remember those??...and I actually didn't even catch on to what it showed...DS10 did. The price was $19.95, and the code on the top said 11 22. 11/22/1995, the release date of the first Toy Story. Very clever.

The ride itself is a ton of fun. It's faster than 7DMT, but not RnR speed. It launches, but far gentler than RnR. It's got some banked turns and twists, but are mild. There's the stop in the middle, where you get a second launch. Goes over a small series of hills, which are fun. Like I posted earlier, the best way I can say it is that it's mild enough to be family fun that it shouldn't scare too many people, but not so slow as to bore roller coaster fans.

We looked around the rest of TSL, but didn't ride anything else. Very well done! When we left around noon, the park was much busier. The standby line for SDD was crazy.

I really felt bad for those who must have gotten caught up in the storms that rolled through around 1:15pm...especially those who had been standing in line for hours.

We arrived at HS at 6:15 am went straight to AS2 since that’s the only new attraction our 2 yr old can ride. Rode it and then went to get Rider Swap for Slinky Dog. But we were told we had to wait in the entire queue until we reached the entrance of the attraction to get a Rider Swap. But that’s not how it works for other attractions. I suppose they are doing this for crowd control? It’s just very frustrating. We have a FP for Toy Story Mania tonight. MAybe we will have better luck with Slinky then

Did you have a Fastpass for SDD? Did they say the entire party had to stand in line (including your 2 year old)?

We were there a few weeks ago. They do not have them any more. We asked at the Disney store, and a cast member told us that we could find them at Once Upon a Toy. So we walked there and they are no longer there. I asked the person working at Once Upon a Toy and he said that they no longer sell it and there is no where else in Disney Springs or on Disney property that he is aware of that sells the build your own Mr. Potato Head. We were disappointed because my 2 year old is OBSESSED with Mr. Potato Head.

Amazon has him. I was just looking at him on there.https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Potato-Head-Story-Classic/dp/B003C1MW4Q

But it was the great Disney themed accessories that made it so popular. I wish that I'd done it years ago, but we never quite got around to it. Someone donated a few of the accessories to the preschool, and I've asked to buy those if the preschool closes.

If you want them now I recommend ebay - lots of Disney Mr Potato head parts available there.

6E1BAAC9-0236-41BF-8436-93F25AE5409F.jpeg We went back! Mobile ordered at WLB. I LOVED the brisket sandwich. I don’t eat cheese and it was so easy to customize the order through the app. My sandwich was a generous serving of brisket, pickles, and barbecue sauce- the bread was grilled. DD got the turkey sandwich. Said it was good. I enjoyed the tots as an alternative to fries after fries. Drink was a bit sweet for me but DD liked it- said it tasted green- I have no idea what that means

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter