OFFICIAL THREAD: DIS/Dreams Event - Disneyland Resort 08/04 & 08/05/2023

If there’s room for three we would love to join you.
I can't speak to availability, as you book the tour through Disney, but I don't think they sell out immediately. There are affiliate discounts (DVC, Annual Passholder, Disney Visa Card), and you can access it on the Disneyland app. Go to "My Plans," then "Add More Plans," then "Book Enchanting Extras," and scroll down until you find the tour.
I thought it would be really fun to have one entire tour just be DIS people, so we'd love it if you can come along, too!
And anyone else!!

My husband and I will be doing the tour of Walt's apartment at 10 AM on 8/6. Anyone care to join us?
Oh such a good idea! I’ve already booked this tour for 8/4 and doing the celebrate 100 tour on 8/6 or we would have loved to join you!

They're serving refreshments on his balcony/terrace at the end. They say this is new, but I have no idea. Either way, I'm super excited for it!!
That sounds very interesting. I've been in the apartment, but I don't remember a patio. It's possible that the patio is where we entered from the back. I'm very confused by the patio and how they would fit a tour group on it, but it's very intriguing.

That sounds very interesting. I've been in the apartment, but I don't remember a patio. It's possible that the patio is where we entered from the back. I'm very confused by the patio and how they would fit a tour group on it, but it's very intriguing.
It's the door across from the bathroom, and the patio is between there and guest services. It's the opposite side of the door we entered from.

I am delighted to report that I will be attending the Disneyland event! I have been a DIS member for so long and am always sad when the WDW events, cruises, etc have not worked in to my schedule. I am so excited this has worked!

My two adult children (26 and 22) will join me. I am looking forward to meeting the Podcast and boards teams and all of you, my fellow Disney lovers. Jeff and Val, I will be keeping my eye out to introduce myself to you 😀

I am delighted to report that I will be attending the Disneyland event! I have been a DIS member for so long and am always sad when the WDW events, cruises, etc have not worked in to my schedule. I am so excited this has worked!

My two adult children (26 and 22) will join me. I am looking forward to meeting the Podcast and boards teams and all of you, my fellow Disney lovers. Jeff and Val, I will be keeping my eye out to introduce myself to you 😀
I look forward to seeing you Danneen!

I am aware of the information being posted about midway mania being down for refurb.

I have emails out to the DLR event team to see what an alternative might be.

Once I know the answer I will let everyone know.

If this is something that is a 'deal breaker' for you and you wish to cancel your event booking please write to me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will arrange a refund.

I am aware of the information being posted about midway mania being down for refurb.

I have emails out to the DLR event team to see what an alternative might be.

Once I know the answer I will let everyone know.

If this is something that is a 'deal breaker' for you and you wish to cancel your event booking please write to me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will arrange a refund.
Here is an email I just sent to everyone currently signed up for our event....

Subject: News About our DIS/Dreams August Event and Party - Toy Story Mania will be down for rehab at that time

Hi All

I have received official word that Toy Story Midway Mania will be down for rehab during our August Dis/Dreams Event and will not available to us during our party.

I am super disappointed by this news as I consider Toy Story Midway Mania the ‘perfect’ ride for our event. Folks love riding it more than once – sometimes to beat their best score, sometimes to beat others scores 😊

I’m working with the Disneyland Events team to see if they can come up with an alternate for us but it is not looking good.

If this is a ‘deal breaker’ for you and you wish to cancel and get your money back I completely understand. Just reply to this email and let me know you would like to cancel and I will take care of refunding your payment.

I am very sorry for this.
John

Well, it's the only ride out of the line up that I was planning on riding. I'm not sure that it's a deal breaker, though. Are other things going to be happening? I know the midway games are fun for a while. Is there going to be music/dance/drinks?

Disney: “The best we can do is Jumpin’ Jelly Fish” 😂

Just Kidding . Well hope they can get an alternative. Why can’t they do Radiator Springs Racers? It’s part of Pixar lol.

Hey we still gonna have fun, I just hope they can find an alternative.

I'd be ok with a more reasonable thing like Goofy's Sky School (it's close enough to the same area). I guess my main concern is that now there is only one real E-ticket class ride (Incredicoaster), and if that one goes down, then there is pretty much nothing really great left.

But I understand if nothing else can be provided.

Email I just sent to everyone already signed up for the party/event.

SUBJECT: Possible Change of Venue for our DIS/Dreams Party on August 4, 2023 - Please read and respond

Hi All

As I’m sure you’re aware we recently found out that Toy Story Midway Mania will be down for a rehab during our 8/4/23 party at Pixar Pier and would not be available to us. I was disappointed to hear this news as that ride was a major reason for choosing Pixar Pier.

Disneyland event services has offered up a solution that I hope you all will find suitable.

A little background – when I first started planning this event I originally requested Avengers Campus in California Adventure and the two rides there – Webslingers and Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout. Having ridden them both I know they are super fun and people love to ride them more than once. Well, at that time Avengers Campus was not available to book for our event dates.

Now it is 😊

So – how would you feel if we completely moved the event to Avengers Campus?

The new party would include:
  • Private Reception 9PM – 11PM
  • Avengers Campus Private Event 11PM – 1AM
  • WEB SLINGERS: A Spiderman Adventure
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT
  • Special guests
I would love your thoughts on whether we keep Pixar Pier or move to Avengers Campus.

Thanks!!!
John

I'm fine with Avenger's. GOTG is one of those rides that you can do multiple times as long as you don't get sick on it to get all the different songs and patterns.

Toy Story was similar and with it being down, there really isn't one in Pixar Pier. sure incredicoaster is fun, but I can't imagine wanting to ride it more than twice, and all the other rides at pixar pier maybe once or skip.

I guess the only negative to Avenger's Campus is the music that BLARES throughout the area. Unless they can lower the volume on that, I may have a problem staying in the area for that long :)

I guess the only negative to Avenger's Campus is the music that BLARES throughout the area. Unless they can lower the volume on that, I may have a problem staying in the area for that long :)

One of the advantages of buying out a section of the park is getting to tell them things like how loud the music should be (if at all) :)

However, Kevin did ask if they can change the soundtrack from Marvel Movies to show tunes.......

One of the advantages of buying out a section of the park is getting to tell them things like how loud the music should be (if at all) :)

However, Kevin did ask if they can change the soundtrack from Marvel Movies to show tunes.......
Defying Gravity is way too perfect of a song for Guardians.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter