OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

Sorry for the delay - have a lot to catch up on!

If he starts to get upset is there anyway that we can just do the black eyes and eyebrows and just not finish off with the beard?

The beard is optional on most looks, except the Captain Hook. So they'll start out planning for the full look and if he cannot finish then the Pirate Master just stop where s/he is at.

No need to show your GAC card (that's more for Attractions), but when he gets to his chair, just whisper to the Pirate Master that he has autism and they'll adjust as needed.

Just wondering where and when pirate goofy appears and if he will still make appearances on days of MNSSHP?

He's usually out between 10ish-6ish (except for when he's in the parade). He is not affected by parties - Goofy will change his costume and appear differently at MNSSHP.

If i can remember to call everyday, i can post if they will be extending their hours.

No extending hours. At least, no pirates are working the parties... so you can just sit in a room and stare at the wall?

Parents are allowed to take pictures during the transformation process, right? It's just in the 'special room' that they can't take pictures?

Correct!

Can you request a female pirate?

You can request a certain pirate gender (many of our girls prefer lady pirates)!

So sorry Becky - my days of piracy are over. :(

I still visit TPL often to stay connected, but there are other pirates that are now incognito on the boards and they've been offering great tips as well!

In other news - it was originally thought that the Mermaid would return in time for MNSSHP, but since hours are not being extended this year they are going to hold off releasing the updated mermaid until the end of the year.

Berlioz70,

Thanks for the info. I was really hoping PL would extend their hours until 7pm on party nights.

Sorry for the delay - have a lot to catch up on!

The beard is optional on most looks, except the Captain Hook. So they'll start out planning for the full look and if he cannot finish then the Pirate Master just stop where s/he is at.

No need to show your GAC card (that's more for Attractions), but when he gets to his chair, just whisper to the Pirate Master that he has autism and they'll adjust as needed.

Thanks so much for responding, I feel so much better. I'm sure my little guy will LOVE this!

See you in a few weeks!:cool1:

I am going to cancel our barbershop appointments on 9/27 for 11am and 11:30am (4 kids total) if anyone wants them PM me and we can arrange a time for me to drop them. I know that the Pirate League is difficult to get this week so the barbershop is a nice back up plan.

For those of you who purchased custome and took them with you were your kids able to change there or did you have to do that before you arrived?

Here ya go!

FAQ
Can I bring costumes from home?
YES!! It is best to change into the costume before checking in. If the league is slow then they may allow you to use the Powder Rooms, but if it's busy they will not. There is no time to change between the pirate paint and the portrait.

We are going to Disney on September 23rd and I got one appointment for my youngest son for the PL on September 26th. My older son has a costume (boney pirate) but I havent gotten him an appointment (all booked up!!). I was thinking about painting his face myself, but it would sure save me some time and effort if I could get his face painted in MK. Do any of the face painting booths in MK do a pirate's face similar to the boney pirate at PL?? Plus, the face paint at the World doesnt itch--when a lot of times the face paint you buy at a halloween shop or something itches like crazy. Any advice that anyone could give me would be GREATLY appreciated!!

We had an amazing experience last week at PL. Our pirate master was exceptional and I would like to file a formal compliment with someone official.
Any idea how to do that?

In a nutshell, this pirate master was working with an older boy and was intense and fun and really into character with him. But when it was DS4's turn, the same pirate master read my son's aprehension perfectly and toned it down to a level that DS4 was not intimidated by and although it took a while, my son started to open up and get more into the spirit of it. (he's usually very outgoing, but i think a little overwhlemed by the experience at first).

I was very impresed by the priate master and his ability to read his "clients" and adjust ... it was really appreciated and I want to let someone know!

thanking in advance for any suggestions on how to get a compliment lodged with the right people!

If anyone cancels between 12 and 4 on Oct. 6, please pm me. I can't get my son in. We are taking a last-minute trip!

Tia!

Do any of the face painting booths in MK do a pirate's face similar to the boney pirate at PL??

Unfortunately, there are no other face painting locations at MK - it closed with Toontown in 2010.

We had an amazing experience last week at PL. Our pirate master was exceptional and I would like to file a formal compliment with someone official.
Any idea how to do that?

Send a letter to:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10,400
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

If you can, provide the Pirate's name. CMs receive special recognition when a Guest takes the time to write a letter about them personally. Additionally, if you feel comfortable sharing his name with me, I can send him a compliment as well. But really the best thing is to send a letter.

I have two appointments on October 30th that I am cancelling....one at 1:10 and the next at 1:15. If anyone is interested private message me so that we can coordinate.

Send a letter to:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10,400
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

If you can, provide the Pirate's name. CMs receive special recognition when a Guest takes the time to write a letter about them personally. Additionally, if you feel comfortable sharing his name with me, I can send him a compliment as well. But really the best thing is to send a letter.

Thank you so much! I will send the letter in the morning!
His name was Jason from Memphis, TN and he was working on 9/13.
He was just great and I would be thrilled if you could pass on my graditude. But I will be sending the letter for sure!:thumbsup2

thanks again!

Is it really worth the time??? Say you get to WDW every 2 years and not yearly or multiple times in the same year. Going to be at Disney for a week in Nov 2011, plan to have 2 days at MK. I'll have to show my kids some videos and pics - see what they think. DD5 and DS7.

Is it really worth the time??? Say you get to WDW every 2 years and not yearly or multiple times in the same year. Going to be at Disney for a week in Nov 2011, plan to have 2 days at MK. I'll have to show my kids some videos and pics - see what they think. DD5 and DS7.

Only you can decide if it's worth the time, but I will say it's an amazing experience. My son absolutely loves it and will be very sad if we can't get him in this time. My older daughter, who is a princess through and through really wants to do it, too, so that says a lot to me. It's much more than JUST a makeover...

Have a friend at school who really wants her son to do this. They could do this October 10,11,13,14 if anyone is needing to cancel please let PM me.

Absolutely I believe it is well worth it. it's so much more then just sitting in a chair and getting makeup. I laughed entirely to HARD!! all my children loved it. this year we are taking our friends with their kids there along with mine!!! My one son did not do it last year and was totally bummed out afterwards. This year he is so excited to get it done..

If they are into pirates at all, I'd say go for it. Get an early reservation. The earlier in the morning, the less amount of time you end up waiting before you get sat. (Like all reservation based places, there is sometimes a long wait later in the day). They get a good amount of merchandise for the price, plus the little things like the pirate name, medallion, and trip into the secret room that are exclusive to the league.

If your kids don't like pirates, don't do it. If they just want their faces painted but won't be into the experience, then hit up a face paint place in another park or DTD. They are, however, right around the perfect pirating age!

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter