****Official Thanksgiving 2020 Thread****

I was originally only able to get 1 reservation for our first week of vacation (on Thanksgiving). It was so tough booking this trip because of limited capacity and park reservations matching where we wanted to eat!! Today, I was able to not only get our group all together for Thanksgiving, but I was also able to get the 3 reservations I couldn’t get originally! Grateful to a friend who gave me an early morning heads up ❤

Last edited:
Homecoming opened up some days too. My friends are moving to Orlando and wanted to meet at Homecoming, since they have never eaten there. They have the chicken & dumplings back on the menu too.

Me too! I'm so upset about this I had sci-fi for a 12:00 at my 60-day mark when I saw a 12:25 open I moved it to that thinking something else opened up and now my reservation is completely gone. I know this was a glitch in Disney's computer system but for us that were simply modifying a time I feel like this is being handled and incorrect way. Very disappointing!

I read further down in the email, they are sending me a $25 digital gift card. That glitch is costing them big time with all the gift cards they are now sending out.

Just FYI - anyone affected by these cancelled ADR's

You are going to get one $25 gift car PER cancelled reservation and it will come in a separate email.

I just paid off our Thanksgiving trip this morning. We are really starting to get excited for our first Disney holiday experience! I saw they finally released some details for the Epcot Festival of the Holidays. I'm really looking forward to the cookie stroll.
Time to get excited if you will be there for the holiday festival.

We are getting cautiously excited for our Thanksgiving trip and experiencing the holidays for the first time too. But it has been hard to be “all in” seeing all the COVID case increases across the country so we are plotting out safety strategies for traveling and experiencing the parks and resorts. And I actually think the holiday decor and related aspects help in that regard since we can enjoy seeing/experiencing all of these new things versus focusing more on rides where we might be less comfortable.

We also switched from Caribbean Beach to a 1 Bedroom at Riviera so that we could have more space to decompress and spread out if we were not feelin it at parks and restaurants while still being on the skyliner to get back and forth from at least two parks quickly. This is giving us added piece of mind too.

We are getting cautiously excited for our Thanksgiving trip and experiencing the holidays for the first time too. But it has been hard to be “all in” seeing all the COVID case increases across the country so we are plotting out safety strategies for traveling and experiencing the parks and resorts. And I actually think the holiday decor and related aspects help in that regard since we can enjoy seeing/experiencing all of these new things versus focusing more on rides where we might be less comfortable.

We also switched from Caribbean Beach to a 1 Bedroom at Riviera so that we could have more space to decompress and spread out if we were not feelin it at parks and restaurants while still being on the skyliner to get back and forth from at least two parks quickly. This is giving us added piece of mind too.
Same here- cautiously excited for our Thanksgiving trip too (staying at a 1 Bedroom at Riviera too). I was also able to get my Topolino's Thanksgiving reservation back after the dining glitch fiasco. The increase in cases is definitely worrisome. I think I'm most nervous if I somehow come home and test positive (I have to test for state travel requirements). I keep reminding myself that going to Target or the grocery store could bring the same results. I have my disney masks, disposable masks, lysol wipes, spray and sanitizer all packed and ready to go!

Same here- cautiously excited for our Thanksgiving trip too (staying at a 1 Bedroom at Riviera too). I was also able to get my Topolino's Thanksgiving reservation back after the dining glitch fiasco. The increase in cases is definitely worrisome. I think I'm most nervous if I somehow come home and test positive (I have to test for state travel requirements). I keep reminding myself that going to Target or the grocery store could bring the same results. I have my disney masks, disposable masks, lysol wipes, spray and sanitizer all packed and ready to go!
Topolinos sounds like a yummy TG dinner! I made a couple time changes and additions that glitch day too but haven’t had any cancellations emails yet - I sure hope that they are done with them by now and we are not surprised.

I hear you! My husband and I would feel so terrible if any of us got COVID on/from this trip after being so very cautious... 😔 We are testing and quarantining until we have results when we return home to be cautious and keep grandparents safe as we still see them with masks and SD indoors now that it’s winter and 30!

We have Lysol spray (travel size and full size), wipes galore, sanitizer and lots of masks to bring. i think we are most nervous for the airport and plane - not delta - and parks.

We went to a small boutique hotel in a small town on Lake Superior in July and when we arrived the kids immediately began wiping all high touch surfaces with wipes and we sprayed Lysol and opened the windows. I’m very comfortable with the resort situation. I’m just more concerned about the parks and Disney brain (us and others) being in our happy place and not thinking... Disney dining indoors also concerns us, though we have several reservations. We will have to determine how we feel. Any TS dining safety insights from people’s experiences are appreciated!

I hope the precautions provide comfort to us both and we enjoy some time away with our families. I know we are ready to relax and do our best to have fun experiencing the holidays at Disneyworld!

I just posted in the November 2020 thread as well about this - I have been very nervous and hesitant but in the past 3 days I have spoken with my kids' pediatrician and my own physician and both said go and enjoy and just be sure to take the necessary precautions (hand sanitizer, wipes, etc)

Oh my goodness, we are supposed to leave 1 week from today. With the reschedule, it seems like it has taken forever to get here. I'll be honest, I don't think it is really going to sink in that it is actually happening until we are in the car and on our way 😂. Hoping I can keep everyone healthy and well for the next 7 days.

Per the Disney earnings call today - we get to be the test cases with heavily sold hotel rooms for the Thanksgiving week kick-off to the holiday seasonand the increased 35% park capacity... my recently found comfort is quickly disappearing 🙄😷😔

I already feel like I’m on a rollercoaster... why go the WDW?!?!

Rising cases everywhere, worse than March and now this news.... we might be canceling again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter