***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

18 days to go!! Have one suitcase almost packed. Will pack the rest about 3 days before the trip. Finalizing some things and making last minute changes. The closer we get, the more second guessing I tend to do. We actually are leaving in 17. I can’t wait. I so need this vacation!!
17 days for us and we're going to start packing tonight!! Woo hoo!! Can't wait

17 days for us and we're going to start packing tonight!! Woo hoo!! Can't wait

DH said last night that we should get the bags out and start packing. We leave next Thursday and, unlike him, I don't even want to think about packing yet! (Probably because this reporter is who does the bulk of the laundry and I don't want to have to repack between now and then) :rolleyes1

:sad:
Looks like no train for my trip. Temporary closing starts December 3rd for TRON construction....

Oh no. Did your area have a lot of wind yesterday? We did. I was worried something similar would happen here. Our DirectTV also went out for a little while. No trees or fence down, though. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that and hope someone can get out there soon to shore up any damage so you can go on your trip worry-free.
Wind was howling pretty good last nite. Was able to get all the tree stuff out of the way, TV people come tomorrow and waiting to hear from neighbor on getting fence fixed

looks like there are lots of us with similar countdowns! we’re leaving in 18 days! counting down through the teens.

:yay:

how close am i to packing? well...we bought new luggage this weekend. so that’s a step in the right direction

looks like there are lots of us with similar countdowns! we’re leaving in 18 days! counting down through the teens.

:yay:

how close am i to packing? well...we bought new luggage this weekend. so that’s a step in the right direction

That is definitely a step in the right direction.

:sad:
Looks like no train for my trip. Temporary closing starts December 3rd for TRON construction....
Ditto. I love taking the relaxing ride over to Frontierland.
Think I'll grab an extra ride on Big Thunder, it qualifies as a train, well, a run away mine train.

...Or... maybe we'll head to Universal! They have a wonderful train ;) I'm so tempted! Love HP.

Ditto. I love taking the relaxing ride over to Frontierland.
Think I'll grab an extra ride on Big Thunder, it qualifies as a train, well, a run away mine train.

...Or... maybe we'll head to Universal! They have a wonderful train ;) I'm so tempted! Love HP.
Oh good point. I am stopping at Universal at the end of the trip. Haven’t tried their train ride yet, it’s been years since I’ve been to the dark side! I suppose I can live with that substitute!

Oh good point. I am stopping at Universal at the end of the trip. Haven’t tried their train ride yet, it’s been years since I’ve been to the dark side! I suppose I can live with that substitute!
The online calculators show an uber from where I'll be (AKL) over to universal is $18-$25 each way. My parents "red shirted" with them a number of years so we have the passes.
This is looking less tempting, and more like a plan. :idea:

The online calculators show an uber from where I'll be (AKL) over to universal is $18-$25 each way. My parents "red shirted" with them a number of years so we have the passes.
This is looking less tempting, and more like a plan. :idea:
Well seeing as how I’m the type to try to squeeze everything possible into a trip I say go for it! But I may not always be the voice of reason!!

I can't, for the life of me, figure out what to pack for next week without packing my entire wardrobe.
mickeypacking-1.gif

I can't, for the life of me, figure out what to pack for next week without packing my entire wardrobe.

I'm with you on that. I'm hoping the predicted 80s on Monday and Tuesday drop into the 70s before I get too serious about packing. And my Wed and TH planned outfits will no longer work if 60s hold true. It's looking like a crazy weather week.

I had packed now I am second guessing that I will need some warmer cloths... I will prob throw in a pair of jeans and an extra long sleeve shirt and hope for the best lol

Here's what I do for December:
Pack two of everything (2 jeans, 2 long sleeve shirts, 2 sweatshirts, 2 t-shirts, 2 shorts/capris)
Then I double it, halve it, multiply it by pi/2, round up, toss it all on my bed and start over.

Somehow I always end up bringing 3 times too much stuff. :rolleyes1

Right now I’m very glad I ordered a second magic express luggage tag just in case. I’m flying southwest so allowed two bags and it looks like I’ll need it to pack everything from shorts to winter clothes! And two weeks worth! The weather at home has been jumping around a lot too. It’s crazy!

I'm going to check again over the weekend, but I'm packing a little bit of everything.

I really don't want it to be in the 40s on my party night though lol

Our friends were just in WDW last week and had amazingly perfect weather the whole time. We leave in 17 days, so too early to tell, but I'm looking at the 10 day forecast and what a difference from a week ago!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter