Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

Nope, nothing at all. As soon as I find out I'll post it here.
May and June hours are out on the HUB...there is a change in schedule: EMH are usually Saturday mornings at DHS and it shows that until May 10th but the following weekend it doesn't show EMH. So, basically, starting May 17th there are no EMH on Saturdays. The time still says 9am to 9pm with one Fantasmic at 9pm...and EMH Saturday mornings come back on the schedule for Saturday June 14th.
Not official at all but it looks like SWW will be:
May 16th-May 18th
May 23rd-May 25th
May 30th-June 1st
June 6th- June 8th

::yes:::ssst::cool:

Couldn't stand the wait so I bit the bullet and booked Art of Animation for the weekend of May 16-18. I figured this year SWW overlapped the end of F&G so that weekend should be the first in 2014.

Couldn't stand the wait so I bit the bullet and booked Art of Animation for the weekend of May 16-18. I figured this year SWW overlapped the end of F&G so that weekend should be the first in 2014.
It's better to ne prepared, still no change in the hours and EMH hours for May and June (other than the one I already explained)
In unrelated news: tomorrow I'm going to the Christmas Parade Taping at MK, got tickets thru the HUB, have to be there, at the latest, at 7:30am....nothing says Christmas like 84 degrees :sad2:

I'm going to the Christmas Parade Taping at MK, got tickets thru the HUB, have to be there, at the latest, at 7:30am....nothing says Christmas like 84 degrees :sad2:

Hey, wear *something* related to Star Wars and we'll watch to see if you make it into any of the parade crowd shots! Have fun at the taping (as much as possible without moving from your spot for about 6 hours in the heat!).

Fingers crossed for SWW dates soon - thanks for keeping us all posted!

Hey, wear *something* related to Star Wars and we'll watch to see if you make it into any of the parade crowd shots! Have fun at the taping (as much as possible without moving from your spot for about 6 hours in the heat!).

Fingers crossed for SWW dates soon - thanks for keeping us all posted!

:goodvibes I'll wear my Jedi Mickey hat and the blue Star Tours nametag...staying until around noon because I'm heading to Epcot for WDW Todays reunion

Just booked 5/22-5/27. Went for the first time last year, and it was the best time my wife and I have ever had at Disney. We did two days of SWW at DHS last year, and we're definitely going that route again. This allowed us to break up the wait times. Did the parade one day, hoopla the other....etc.

Just got back from the taping and the best part of it all (other than seeing Neil Patrick Harris and Newsies dancing down Main Street) was this:

Darth Vader took over Santa's sled....maybe he's bringing a present to DHS? Starwarsland? fingers crossed they announce something on Christmas morning

Just got back from the taping and the best part of it all (other than seeing Neil Patrick Harris and Newsies dancing down Main Street) was this:

Darth Vader took over Santa's sled....maybe he's bringing a present to DHS? Starwarsland? fingers crossed they announce something on Christmas morning

LOL!!! Great! Fingers crossed.

This is too cool!

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of these dates! So eager, that I booked not one, but two reservations just in case. I'm really hoping for May 16-18 instead of the next weekend (don't want to deal with crowds Memorial Day). My son's birthday (the Star Wars nut!) is the 20th of May so this will be an awesome surprise either way! :dance3:

Last year was our first SWW and I poured over this thread. It helped so much! We had a blast with Darth Vader and Chewbacca. We loved it so much we are going back this year. Count me in on the June 8th date. We loved the motorcade. My son, who was always a fan of Mace Winu, became more so that day. We didn't see him do this to anyone else, but he took my son's hands and said, "May the force be with you." My son just melted in adoration. Then later on we just happened upon his meet and greet and they were about to switch him out but the CM told him his biggest fan was next and he waited. My son walked around the corner and Mace said, "I remember you!". My son has Tourettes and even with him having tics Mace saw through that and they had a wonderful time chatting. It was truly magical. I am looking forward to new memories this year. The short of it is, thank you for this thread. It really makes a difference!

We debated on what the dates are going to be as well. We elected to go Memorial weekend and the weekend following. I figure we will at least get 2 weekends out of the visit. Even if we miss opening day. Staying at BC!:cool1:so we can walk there if we really want too!

Last year was our first SWW and I poured over this thread. It helped so much! We had a blast with Darth Vader and Chewbacca. We loved it so much we are going back this year. Count me in on the June 8th date. We loved the motorcade. My son, who was always a fan of Mace Winu, became more so that day. We didn't see him do this to anyone else, but he took my son's hands and said, "May the force be with you." My son just melted in adoration. Then later on we just happened upon his meet and greet and they were about to switch him out but the CM told him his biggest fan was next and he waited. My son walked around the corner and Mace said, "I remember you!". My son has Tourettes and even with him having tics Mace saw through that and they had a wonderful time chatting. It was truly magical. I am looking forward to new memories this year. The short of it is, thank you for this thread. It really makes a difference!

Thanks for sharing your story, truly magical moments happen at WDW everyday but for some reason people choose to concentrate on the bad and the ugly...one thing I have noticed with the SWW planning thread is that every year, it doesn't matter who starts it and contributes to it, it never gets negative. maybe it's the power of the Force :goodvibes:yoda:

What a great interaction! How cool Mace remembered!

Thanks for sharing your story, truly magical moments happen at WDW everyday but for some reason people choose to concentrate on the bad and the ugly...one thing I have noticed with the SWW planning thread is that every year, it doesn't matter who starts it and contributes to it, it never gets negative. maybe it's the power of the Force :goodvibes:yoda:

It must be something in the force. :thumbsup2 Star Wars fans seem to have each other's backs. Look at how fast the support for Katie Goldberg was when she was bullied for being a Star Wars fan. Or how quickly the media was taken down of the reporter who did a roast about the costumed Star Wars fans at C6.

VADER in Santa's sleigh!:rotfl: ok too damn funny! I know from the way I got interviewed by a CM last SWW it's not a matter of IF but when... I really believe they will do some sort of star wars area bigger than what it is now...

pixiedust: What I am hoping for is a new restaurant themed as the Cantina with the band and everything, you know they could do it with the same type of tech that they use in the house of president for it! pixiedust:

Are there any special Photopass photo opportunities during SWW?

To add to lovethattink...the special photopass photos were done by the special merchandise tent behind Rock n Rollercoaster (Darth Mall) they had 2 different set ups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter