Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks

We will be at Disney from June 1st - June 15th. Hoping to catch two different weekends. We went to Star Wars weekends for our first time in June 2011, but were not prepared for the size of crowds. I also made the mistake of trying to do regular HS stuff and Star Wars stuff at the same time. We still had a fun time though. This time I have a different plan of attack. I am doing one day "bad guys" and one day "good guys". We will do the reg HS stuff on a totally different day.

Definitely following along! I love SWW! UNofrtunately after going the past 2 years DH has decided he wants to try the F&W Festival in 2014, so no SWW for me :sad:. Like I said though, I'm still going to follow along to see what's going on this year!

Characters that were new for me in 2013
Greedo
dsc04766.jpg

Chip n Dale Ewoks
136976913281018597.jpg

I finally met R2MK
r2-mk-2.jpg

And I got to meet all the Fab Four together
fab-four-star-wars-weekends-2013-3.jpg

Subscribing! My husband will be receiving a Disney SWW vacation as a Christmas gift and it'll be our first time! Any help would be great!

Yulilin,
Can I make a suggestion for the thread? If possible can you put some links into the first post for things like the character priority post earlier and other useful posts that you and others put together? That way there is an easy reference from the first post.

I'd say organize it by different topics...Meeting Characters, Actor Autographs & Shows, Event, Merchandise, etc...

As long as last year's thread got I think it would be very helpful to have some shortcuts to weed through the discussion, especially for people who come late to the discussion.

Great Idea ::yes:: I'll update the first post with everything each time I get new information.

In some sort of related news, Star Wars the Clone Wars final season will air in early 2014, here's an article about that: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10...-wars-final-episodes-will-debut-in-early-2014

And in more related news: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...hr/news+(The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories)

Maybe related to SWW is more wishful thinking, but with Clone Wars being over I expect Star Wars Rebels to take over Behind the Force show. Rebels has no set date to start airing, it's being advertised for Fall of 2014 on Disney XD so I would think that Disney will want to hyper up the excitment of it by having it featured during SWW

So excited to see this thread. Thank you for starting it. We will be going this year so I will be reading along and taking notes!

Tammy

No chance to start may 16th

Why do you say that?
Easywdw expects otherwise and I thought they were normally quite good? I'm not saying they've put up a 100% reliable prediction or anything, just wondering why you think there's no chance.

Why do you say that?
Easywdw expects otherwise and I thought they were normally quite good? I'm not saying they've put up a 100% reliable prediction or anything, just wondering why you think there's no chance.

I saw the same thing on Easywdw:

Although Star Wars Weekend dates are not official, Im expecting them to be:

*Friday May 16  Sunday May 18
*Friday May 23  Sunday 25
*Friday May 30  Sunday June 1
*Friday June 6  Sunday June 8

**************.net is also assuming a May 16th start:

Star Wars Weekends at Disneys Hollywood Studios look to start May 16, 2014 based on typical adjustments to Disneys operating calendar that are scheduled for that weekend.

I think that it is entirely possible. It just sucks that we have to wait to find out!

Interesting that there will be so many dates in May. I guess with the one split weekend that starts in May and ends in June you could go either way. Hoping that means lighter crowds the week and weekend after.

We will be at Disney from June 1st - June 15th. Hoping to catch two different weekends. We went to Star Wars weekends for our first time in June 2011, but were not prepared for the size of crowds. I also made the mistake of trying to do regular HS stuff and Star Wars stuff at the same time. We still had a fun time though. This time I have a different plan of attack. I am doing one day "bad guys" and one day "good guys". We will do the reg HS stuff on a totally different day.

Last year we planned two HS days. One for SWW and one for the regular stuff.

Love the Light/Dark days idea!

1)
May 23-25
May 30- June 1st
June 6-8
June 13-15

OR

2)
May 16-18
May 23-25
May 30-June 1
June 6-8

I hope #1 above is what it winds up being. I've been going to weekend 4 and it would be nice to be at weekend 3 for a change. I'd also get to go that Friday of weekend 4 which would be cool to get to go to two different weekends.

Hi, yulilin3! :wave2:

I went to opening day of SWW this past May 17th.

Something that confused me though, I watched the opening skit with the troopers on top of the entrance on youtube for the years before and it was honestly one of the things I was most looking forward to. We had to wait a long bit for a bus so we got there around 7:45 (grr) and I thought we had missed it and was pretty bummed. BUT, they have moved it into the park. So the troopers ride these post/car things down the street and park and do the show. Later in the day, they are also on the main stage by the hat doing the same one. So, just my tip in case others think they missed it too!

Also, I know everyone says this, but definitely scope out a seat for the parade EARLY! I watched a ton of meltdowns and near fist fights because people who run up 5 minutes before it starts and try to squeeze into the tape CM's set down to mark viewing areas.

1)
May 23-25
May 30- June 1st
June 6-8
June 13-15

OR

2)
May 16-18
May 23-25
May 30-June 1
June 6-8

I hope #1 above is what it winds up being. I've been going to weekend 4 and it would be nice to be at weekend 3 for a change. I'd also get to go that Friday of weekend 4 which would be cool to get to go to two different weekends.

Hi, yulilin3! :wave2:
Hi back :wave2: the more SWW the better right?

I went to opening day of SWW this past May 17th.

Something that confused me though, I watched the opening skit with the troopers on top of the entrance on youtube for the years before and it was honestly one of the things I was most looking forward to. We had to wait a long bit for a bus so we got there around 7:45 (grr) and I thought we had missed it and was pretty bummed. BUT, they have moved it into the park. So the troopers ride these post/car things down the street and park and do the show. Later in the day, they are also on the main stage by the hat doing the same one. So, just my tip in case others think they missed it too!

Also, I know everyone says this, but definitely scope out a seat for the parade EARLY! I watched a ton of meltdowns and near fist fights because people who run up 5 minutes before it starts and try to squeeze into the tape CM's set down to mark viewing areas.

Yeah they moved the stormtrooper opening ceremony from the roof because of safety reasons...it's hard work being a tormtrooper, especially with the sun beating down on you. And it's easier to get to a stormtrooper if they are in the mobile vehicle than on the roof.
Good tip about the parade...also the left side of the street (if you're facing the hat) is in complete shade as opposed to the right. So if you can grab a spot at least 1 hour and a half before the parade, in the shade you'll be good to go....not exagerating on this one guys. Also there is ONE bench, on the shady side. If you have nothing else to do, it's the best spot to enjoy the parade. The only problem, you have to get there as soon as the park opens and don't leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter