Official Star Wars Weekends 2014 Tips and Tricks -The Adventure Continues

Okay, so I have Memory Maker and have been trying to claim the FtF photos with the code. They're not showing up, or a I am completely overlooking them. Are they supposed to be on the Studios tab or where should I look? :confused3

Here are our pictures from this weekend

Some characters. parade and shows with one or 2 unrelated SWW photos in there
http://s283.photobucket.com/user/yulilin/slideshow/Facebook/SWW Episode V or Why Does it Have to End

Symphony in the stars taken over 3 days
http://s283.photobucket.com/user/yulilin/slideshow/Facebook/Symphony in the Stars Fireworks

And these are just some random ones taken at DHS after the park closed...see me being pitifully depressed that SWW was over
http://s283.photobucket.com/user/yulilin/slideshow/Facebook/DHS After Closing

Okay, so I have Memory Maker and have been trying to claim the FtF photos with the code. They're not showing up, or a I am completely overlooking them. Are they supposed to be on the Studios tab or where should I look? :confused3

I don't have memory maker but I just uploaded the code and they were under DHS tab

Here are my impressions on the event this year:

Overall Information: We had some of the earliest info on SWW this year starting with the announcement in December (it usually didn't happen until January/February) and we had the times for all the shows thanks to fp+ being offered. The maps were posted on WDW site the day before each weekend so that was in par with last year.
In the parks with the CM it was the same as in years past. Some CM knew their stuff and some didn't. I went to the SWW info desk to ask about the PMC and they had no clue, I wished they would give them better training not just one day of an information session.

JTA: I thought it was more organized this year, narrowing the path to the sign up had everyone semi lining up before getting there, yes there were still pushy parents but the overall craziness wasn't that bad. But they really to move this show inside somewhere (hey American Idol Experience is ending, maybe move it there) I don't know how many times I saw dissapointed kids and parents because the show was cancelled due to weather

PMC: the same as last year and the addition of the family edition was fun

Parade: same like last year, I really don't see how they could improve it since the parade route is so short. JAT welcoming the guests was funa nd he always put his spin on the show

Celebrity Autographs: same set up as last year but please if you bring Ray Park back have more than one session. All the lines for celebs outside were clearly marked and opening the park early was a great time saver

All the shows inside Premiere Theater were basically the same with the exception of Behind the Force, I missed the part were the actors got in the "recording studio" to do their voices, that was always fun. Maybe they will do it next year when Rebels has actually started. The Stormtroopers Pre Show was as funny as ever. And a big thanks to JAT for just being plain AWESOME!! (I wrote him a Thank You note and gave it to Brandon, his handler)

Characters: most of them in the same locations as last year. The droids not being available the 1st weekend sucked but they figured out a way to get them out there. The Disney SW inside Darth Mall was great and they should try and have more indoor meets for all those rainy afternoons.

Darth's Mall: Not good in the new location. It was smaller and because of it there was less merchandise. On top of that having the characters there, plus Ackbar Snack Bar plus D-Tech and the cars with the stickers was too much. Move it back to the tent behind RnRC

Now let's talk about the new stuff:

Feel the Force: the more I think about it the more I believe that it's worth it. They fixed the problems from weekend one and had a dedicated kid section, even though some adults couldn't see that well. I don't see any other place they could move it for parade viewing. The dessert party was well planned out and this is where the wort it part comes into play. But as I spoke with a Disser last night (Hi Marsha) we think the price might go up next year (hopefully it doesn't)

I didn't experience the VIP experience so can't comment on it

Character meals: I only did the Sci Fi breakfast and while we enjoyed it and really have nothing bad to say (we were seated promptly, didn't have to wait for the pictures, characters or meal) we think it was a bit over priced for a breakfast, maybe if it was a buffet...didn't do the H&V dinner so can't comment

FP+ for Premiere Theater shows: it worked as well as any fp+ for a show does. You get a guaranteed seat that doesn't mean the best seat if you're not there early. It did save time, for many shows you needed to line up an hour before with the fp only 30 min. were needed to get our favorite spots, if you don't care where you sit you could've walked in at the designated fp+ time. (minus the Mark Hamill weekend for obvious reasons) . The main complain people have is that they let fp+ in and then about 10 minutes later the standby in. There's no real way to fix this since they have several shows and have to turn around the sets, do sound check and the likes. But the only solution I see is have the fp+ podium outside, pre scan everyone and have them wait at the bottom entrance. Then when just let fp in, since they already scanned the card people will just walk in and sit.

Symphony in the Stars: awesome show, the pre show was alright (no Hoopla) but the fireworks were amazing.

I don't have memory maker but I just uploaded the code and they were under DHS tab

At least I'm not overlooking them in some obscure place then. *sighs* Nothing there. *goes to write 17th email to Photopass people*

Thank you yulilin and everyone else for all the great tips!! Padawan-Jawa DD was able to switch out shifts and had all day Sunday to be with us. DD thought the gates opened at 8:30 so, set her straight with all the info from the thread!

We arrived before the gates opened, watched the Trooper show and then headed to Chewie... finished photos with all six of us meeting him as couples by 8:05. The Mall was empty and DD was able to get a Rebellion skirt from Her Universe. We rode ToT and Star Tours and walked around to see Vader and Maul before heading to Epcot for lunch. We were going to hop to MK for FoF and Mine Train but were afraid we would get stuck there by the thunderstorm so, we headed back to Studios after watching some soccer on the big screen in the Odyssey building.

Because DD was part of the SWW cast, we had some amazing interaction with Troopers meeting us face to face (literally), Sand People stalking and growling at us to the delight of other guests, and some special moments trading with two Jawas. It always amazes me how much the silent characters can communicate through gestures! We were also very impressed with JAT's show!

Though I still was bummed about giving up our FtF packages, we had our own nice dessert party at Brown Derby and paid about 1/3 of what FtF would have cost us. We then headed straight to the Prime Time area to watch the fireworks even though DD and her CM BF weren't so sure about that. I assured then yulilin highly recommended that area. :) I should have walked around calling out yulilin's name but my family wouldn't have been too keen on that!

It was really a great SWW and family day. I do hope to meet up with yulilin someday!! Thanks again for this most positive SWW thread! :)

We got back yesterday from our 1 day SWW experience and we loved it!

It was great meeting yulilin3 and her kids at lunch! Thanks so much for the anniversary button and map.

We had a great time despite the rain. It would be nice to have indoor locations for the characters. There were many we didn't even see because it rained all afternoon.

I personally liked the size of Darth's Mall, but I've never been before. I found it well organized and it wasn't overwhelming.

I loved the FTF package. We met so many nice people. The kid area was perfect for the parade and we had a good view of the fireworks. I loved all of the food and feel like I got my money's worth.

My husband had a great time with Steve Blum. He's a really nice guy.

I don't think we'll be able to come next year, but I'm going to work on it for 2016!

I loved the location of Darth's Mall (so much easier to get to in the Backlot area than to have to shlep across the park), but it was way too small. I never remember waiting in line when it was at the tent except for the first day.

nancipants said:
I loved the location of Darth's Mall (so much easier to get to in the Backlot area than to have to shlep across the park), but it was way too small. I never remember waiting in line when it was at the tent except for the first day.

That's exactly what my daughter said, its farther away but there is more room.

Hello from a long-time lurker and first-time poster. We attended SWW for the first time in 2012, and after reading all the helpful info on this thread, we had a much smoother and better SWW this year! We loved the FtF as a new experience, and using FP+ for getting a seat at shows without waiting very long, and the Sci-Fi breakfast, which I kept referring to as Breakfast with Vader - my bday present for DH.

Thank you to all that you do, yulilin3 and others, to keep such helpful and up-to-date tips!

I completely agree with the better location/smaller size issues with Darth's Mall this year too. We actually preferred it being bigger, but further away at the tent location, mostly because my DH doesn't ride thrill rides, so I'd drop him in line for the Mall, then ride RnRC or ToT!

Okay not to get too far ahead but now I am waiting on 2015 SWW Dates :)

Praying they do it 5 weekends next year so that DS and I can go right after he gets done with school.

I am also a SW costumer - but as a Merc, I am not allowed to march, either. Hopefully I'll be done with my scout and Jedi before January (going to do the Star Wars 5K at DL). I'll also be at Celebration in April - if someone starts a thread on it I'll be sure to subscribe! I already bought my tix and reserved 2 hotels (a convenient one and a cheap one - have to decide which one I want to keep, lol). I'm just an hour away from DL and am very familiar with it - holler if you have any questions.

We already reserved our hotel as well, will be staying at the Sheraton right near the convention center :) We have other 501st folks staying at the Clarion and some are thinking about staying at Disneyland itself :) I will be buying our ticket for celebration tonight, just waiting on plane tickets and rental car.

Thank you for the offer for advise, would love to hear it... I am thinking of getting a couple day tickets and then do a full day there and then hop over at night when activities slow down at the convention...

My thoughts:

1. Did not do FtF package, but we did do the Sci-Fi breakfast. We're not big character people, but the character interaction was great. The food was fine. Would I pay to do it again? No way. Not only is once enough, but I thought it was overpriced.

2. I'm surprised that they didn't sell out of those limited edition magic bands. I'm glad we bought them for the kids and here's to hoping that they still work by the time we go back next year.

3. So thrilled that I got to see Mark Hamill live. That was one of the highlights of the trip for me. Also happy that Ray Park was finally there my weekend and that I finally got to see his show.

4. Another highlight of the trip were the fireworks. Absolutely mesmerizing and breathtaking. So happy I got to see them twice and from two different vantage points.

5. Agree with the others re: Darth's Mall. Good location, but too small.

We were there this past Friday--the day the motorcade was canceled--but had a great time at Feel the Force that night. I followed Kenny the Pirate's advice about how to get to Chewbacca and I was done by 8:15 or so.

We had a great time at both Star Wars meals, but the breakfast was just incredibly fun, IMO. If they only chose to do one next year, I hope it's the breakfast because it was probably the best thing we did all week.

I'll probably be back Memorial Day weekend.

I loved Feel the Force. But I got it pretty much to make sure I saw Mark Hamill in the parade. And it worked! Got good photos. and didn't have to wait 2 hours in the sun and had 2 waters, 2 diet cokes and a strawberry ice bar. Should have had another strawberry bar.

Would I do it without Mark Hamill, I don't know. I did love the dessert and booze party. Maybe if the price doesn't go up too much.

My take on SWW 2014

1. FtF Package: Because of the desert party for the WONDERFUL Fireworks it was worth it and would do it again. And even though it was stressful to get a good seat for the parade with the FtF package I would do it again at least once each weekend to see the celebrities, after that I will park in other locations to get good pictures of my 501st and RL buddies!

2. H&V Star Wars Disney Character Meal: All I can say is, it's about time! I always have loved Chef Mickeys for a one stop shop for the staple characters, and it was the same with H&V SW Disney Character dinner. I would do this every year they have it!

3. Sci-Fi Star Wars Breakfast: Was way too awesome to get Vader and Boba Fett in the same picture, add to it not having to wait in line for these characters and it was awesome! The interaction inside while eating breakfast was great... the meals were good... I LOVED DRINKING BLUE MILK!!!! But DANG it was dark in there! Would I do this again dinning experience again? You betchya I would!

4. Darth Maul New Location: Loved it, Loved it! and the Ackbar Snack bar was hysterically fun!

5. Using the FP system for the shows: Oh HELL YEAH I LOVED IT! Even though the new FP system is a real pain with the limitations I still loved the FP for the shows! Made it so I could see 3 out of the 4 shows in one weekend!

6. Only regret, not being able to meet more Disers, and those I met I loved, and would :love: to see again next year!

We loved Star Wars Weekends!!!
We watched some of the shows last year and loved them so this year FP+ was a priority. We got in line early enough that we were ahead of the stand-by crowd every time.
We enjoyed the FtF package or at least the evening part. We will most likely do it again.
The fireworks were phenomenal!!

Next year we would like to try the breakfast.

We have always been casual fans of Star Wars but this year our love for it clicked. And we are all in! Right now my daughter is watching 'The Clone Wars'. Can't get enough!

I'm just sad that we now have an 11 month wait. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter