Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side 2017

Woo hoo! Car passed inspection. I have quite a hefty bill, but I will make it to the airport...Lord willing! I am finishing up packing tonight and will head out early tomorrow. Realizing I'm driving during rush hour means adding in some extra buffer time! Now to finish up packing, get stuff together for the kiddos for the morning to hang out with Paw Paw before school and bright and early I'm on my way to Disney!

Special request to anyone at the Expo on Thursday - can someone please post the corral assignments for the 10k (assuming there's a chart or some other easy way to show the assignments)? TIA!

Getting super excited...we leave for Orlando on Saturday...3 more work days, then Darkside here we come

10k: for comparison, last year it was 72° (vs. 62-64° this year) at the start at 5:30 am.
Half Marathon: for comparison, last year it was 64° at the 5:00 am start (vs. 66-67° this year at the 5:30 am start).

So, it appears the 10k will be better this year, but the half may be slightly worse than last year (plus, the sun will be a factor 30 minutes earlier this year due to the later start). Also, the 5k weather looks to be the best of the three days this year.

I guess its because I'm a native Floridian - I'm like 'meh'

I am bringing along a camelback this time around though to hold water for the half. Since I'm going to be slow - I know I'm going to be in the sun more which means I'm going to need hydration more.

Special request to anyone at the Expo on Thursday - can someone please post the corral assignments for the 10k (assuming there's a chart or some other easy way to show the assignments)? TIA!

Even if there's not a chart, I think we can usually figure it out once people start posting what corrals they are in.

So all I actually 100% need is the waiver and ID?

To get your bib - yes. And you can always print your waiver at the expo if you forget it.

I'm not much help - I gave up iron-ons after too many fails! You could try the paper, but know that it'll get very damp from the humidity and colors may run.
I found some paper that basically becomes a sticker. It's a definite homemade costume but who cares it will be fun!

So all I actually 100% need is the waiver and ID?

Don't forget your money tree for all the money you will spend on souvenirs. But for bib pickup: Id and waiver.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SPEND THE NEXT 8 HOURS AT WORK WHEN MY FLIGHT LEAVES TONIGHT!!!!!!!!! :dancer:

I don't know I've been up since 4 and my flight leaves at 9. 4 hours.

How did so many people plan better than me? Here I am waiting at work like a chump before my 2:00 flight tomorrow.

I'm not leaving until Saturday morning. I'm doing the half so figured we'd just come in Saturday morning to go straight to the expo and save ourselves a vacation day and the extra night's hotel costs. It seemed like a good idea at the time. But now I'm jealous of all the rest of you :)

Sounds like they are having shuttle issues at MCO this morning. Hope they get it fixed for everyone soon.

How did so many people plan better than me? Here I am waiting at work like a chump before my 2:00 flight tomorrow.
You're not alone. Ours is 6a.m. tomorrow morning and we're looking at each other at work, asking ourselves how slow can time really go? LOL

I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed....

They really didn't release a sneak peak of the gear that will be at the Expo? Is this the first RunDisney event that this happened?

I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed....

They really didn't release a sneak peak of the gear that will be at the Expo? Is this the first RunDisney event that this happened?
Weird no merch preview.

They have done this before, I don't think they did a preview for DLH last year. I think the consensus is it is Disney's way of trying to cut down on Resellers.

But is it really warmer than normal?

No, its really not! I, and every other Floridian I know, said when the dates were released, "That's crazy - late April is hot!" In my 20+ years in west-central Florida, this has pretty much been the norm. I'm enjoying it while I can, because my overnight "low" will soon be 80!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter