Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side 2017

I went to the Chiropractor today for my ankle. He reset the talus (?) which I think helped as the intense pain is gone. Now I don't feel pain when I'm resting on the couch but I still have some slight pain when walking but no where like it was this morning at work. Hopefully resting will make it so that I can walk the 10K/half this weekend!

If you're one of those lucky folks who can wear any ol' brand, some companies sell little tubes, too, that are about enough for a one-time application. Check your local drugstore/Target.

Another option is the small empty travel tubes that you can buy travel/make up section of most stores as well! I've seen some that are an easy enough size to throw into a running belt/handheld pouch/etc.

some people just don't get the whole run in a costume thing. Shoot some people just don't get running. So made my tutu a coup,e weeks ago but just sat down today to iron on my shirt theme. Ya didn't go so well. So trying to discuss with people options. Nobody gets it. So come on people commiserate with me.
Yes I can wear my costume in the weather. Other then the humidity I've had temps this last month that have been similar or higher than this weekends temps. So scrap costume and buy a shirt or try just safety pin a a paper onto my shirt?

I think we've had many shirtless men run races at Disney - not sure I would go without shoes though

potential new costume based on weather forecast, is this legal?
View attachment 232003

I've run a bunch of races where I've seen guys running in only speedos.In my old run club in Miami there was a guy who mostly runs obstacle races who always only wears a speedo and calf sleeves and that's it.I've run a lot of Disney races and the only guy I remember running in a speedo was this guy.He did the ToT 10 miler like in 2013 wearing the speedos and some weird furry hat and that chest bandolier Chewbacca wears across his chest.It made sense since he's a really big and very hairy guy anyways.

Last edited:

Question for the locals...
How bad is the pollen? The tree pollen is crazy high right now and I'm absolutely miserable running outside. Just wondering how much allergy meds I'll need to bring/take. Thanks!

How bad is the pollen? The tree pollen is crazy high right now and I'm absolutely miserable running outside. Just wondering how much allergy meds I'll need to bring/take. Thanks!

I would bring the allergy meds just in case. We haven't had a ton of rain the last few months (brush fires everywhere!) so the pollen that is around hasn't moved away. I don't find the pollen to be that bad but better to be safe than sorry!

I would bring enough meds for each day you'll be here. I missed my Claritin dose yesterday and was miserable, and I only recently developed allergies in the last 3-4 years. You may also experience after effects for a few days from where you live since your immune system is already up in arms. Good luck and clear breathing! :)

With a bib number of 33735 for the 10K ... That would most likely be the last corral correct ???

I think we've had many shirtless men run races at Disney - not sure I would go without shoes though
Yeah i've seen people run in haurache sandals but I don't think I'd go barefoot.

Here's an old video I found of the ToT 10 miler in 2013 where speedo Chewbacca dude comes out in,at the :33-:34 second portion of the video.

During the Inagural Dopey there was someone that completed most of the races in just a speedo. We nicknamed him "brief man" At our local Krispy Kreme run there is usually a student running with just 2 strategically placed plates.

So scrap costume and buy a shirt or try just safety pin a a paper onto my shirt?
I'm not much help - I gave up iron-ons after too many fails! You could try the paper, but know that it'll get very damp from the humidity and colors may run.

potential new costume based on weather forecast, is this legal?
Sure is! And very similar to the Tarzan costumes I see in most every Disney race, lol!

Honestly, it's REALLY bad right now. The trees are mostly done, but we've had no rain so the pollen is just sitting around everywhere, and then blowing around every time the wind picks up. Washed my car and 24 hours later it was coated in a thick layer of yellow! I take Zyrtec daily, plus use Flonase every night and it's just barely manageable. Bring all the meds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter