• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2016 Thread (Jan. 14-17, 2016)

They still have last year's up if you just alter the printed dates 1. The new ones I'd guess around end of Aug/beginning Sept counting back 18-20 weeks.

How was DL? Hope not too crowded for you guys!

Didn't even notice that! Thanks!
DL was GREAT! We had an amazing trip though it definitely felt like August crowds in June! Loved the new shows! Can't wait to go back. Sadly Star Wars will be our next visit. Dont know how I"ll be able to wait that long lol!

Has anyone come across this yet? One of my RC's is through a travel agent, and I'm dying to check to see if it's in there yet... :)
I do not see it. I registered my son and me through a travel agent also. Have you done this before? I have not and it makes me nervous since I am not doing it myself. They had good reviews... My question is: are you able to see your registration online when booking through an agent?

I do not see it. I registered my son and me through a travel agent also. Have you done this before? I have not and it makes me nervous since I am not doing it myself. They had good reviews... My question is: are you able to see your registration online when booking through an agent?
This is the first time I've done anything through a travel agent, actually! I'm the control freak, do it all myself type, but needed that second rebel challenge so gave it a try.

I was told the travel agent had to wait to receive a link from Disney to register all their people. Once registered through Active, we'll get an email -- basically like the one we receive when we register ourselves. I was told we'll be able to look it up online at that point as well.

Would love to hear from people who have done this before. :)

Through active.com I was just able to check to see my registration. Can't see DS's

But then I was able to click to buy more merchandise, and it looks like I could even buy the ears if I wanted.

Going through travel providers makes it hard. If you went through Acclaim, they should have had a blurb in their email about it.

I've gone through a Travel Agent previously and once Disney gives them their links - they will email you the active sign up - I'm not worried about not getting it yet as each of the agencies has their allotment to sell.

DW and I are signed up for the Rebel Challenge. We decided it was time to change it up and do West Coast for January. Now, we're waitlisted for a DVC in Grand Californian.
Do all of the races start at 5:30 a.m.? No times are listed on the RunDisney site.
. We did the Dumbo last year, and I don't think they started that early. I'm thinking it's more like 6:30 or so.

Didn't even notice that! Thanks!
DL was GREAT! We had an amazing trip though it definitely felt like August crowds in June! Loved the new shows! Can't wait to go back. Sadly Star Wars will be our next visit. Dont know how I"ll be able to wait that long lol!
Kirstie, the new one w/ the right dates are up for you! :goodvibes

The 10K & Half started at 5:30AM last year for the first corrals. I'm not sure what time the 5K started.

The 5K was around the same time. My hotel was near the start line and I woke up startled when they started playing the start music (I was only doing the challenge but thought I had missed my own race!).

Has anyone who used a travel provider received any sort of confirmation yet? I spoke with mine the other day and was told that there seems to be a new procedure and they're waiting on more information before they can do anything. They're well established, and have good reviews, but I'm a little antsy about not having yet received any official notification. I don't want to keep pestering the agency if I don't have to, so I thought I'd see how other people in the same situation are doing.

Has anyone who used a travel provider received any sort of confirmation yet? I spoke with mine the other day and was told that there seems to be a new procedure and they're waiting on more information before they can do anything. They're well established, and have good reviews, but I'm a little antsy about not having yet received any official notification. I don't want to keep pestering the agency if I don't have to, so I thought I'd see how other people in the same situation are doing.
I am in the EXACT SAME BOAT. :(

I am in the EXACT SAME BOAT. :(

When I registered with the travel provider, I was told the new procedure was that the provider would me a link and possibly a password and I would register myself. She said they didn't have the details yet but were hoping to have the instructions a few weeks after registration so at least what we're all hearing is consistent! I really just want to register and get that confirmation!!

When I registered with the travel provider, I was told the new procedure was that the provider would me a link and possibly a password and I would register myself. She said they didn't have the details yet but were hoping to have the instructions a few weeks after registration so at least what we're all hearing is consistent! I really just want to register and get that confirmation!!
I was told the same thing. I know... I won't completely rest easy until I have that Active confirmation, and a resort confirmation from Disney (we're renting a room through the TA as well).

This is how they do it for the charity registrations as well.

Thanks for the discussion on the merchandise.
Was able to go in and order the pins so I dont have to worry about them at the expo.
Only service charge was $1.05

For anybody who has done the Star Wars race before, what characters do you have the opportunity to meet? Are all the Star Wars characters you can meet at Star Wars Weekends out? Are there other Disney characters too? I wonder if it'll be too soon for characters from the new movie...this will be our first Disney race so we don't really know what to expect (we are just starting to research it, but we have a trip in September that we are planning for first!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter