Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2016 Thread (Jan. 14-17, 2016)

Does anyone need a 1 day/1 park ticket? I booked thru a travel provider and now have a park ticket that I won't use....

This many people waiting in line for the merchandise...doors yet to open, 30 minutes out.

img20160114_092829x.jpg

Hubs and I opted to skip this race due to scheduling conflicts with RNR Arizona this weekend, but the amount of people hanging out in that crowd makes me wonder if anything will be left when we go to the Expo tonight.

We were hoping to pick up some of the RawThreads shirts and SparklySoul headbands before we left for Phoenix. Saves on shipping :)

Just finished work and now finishing my packing. After DD gets out of school we will hit the road!

Good luck to those of you going to the Expo today! Safe travels to everyone else who isn't there yet! And I can't wait to hear everyones race recaps! Good luck guys!

What is with the long sleeve shirts....sigh, I know Jan is "cold" but damn, I have 6 long sleeve from marathon weekend and 3 from star wars. Nice designs but would have been better on short leave tech shirts like I got for the Dumbo Double Dare in sept.

What is with the long sleeve shirts....sigh, I know Jan is "cold" but damn, I have 6 long sleeve from marathon weekend and 3 from star wars. Nice designs but would have been better on short leave tech shirts like I got for the Dumbo Double Dare in sept.

If it's any consolation, I bet we have short sleeve shirts for the dark side half.

Shirt designs look great...love the wine colored one!

I wished they'd show the mileage ran on the RC shirt tho - from the shirt itself, one can't tell what was the challenge!

Will be wearing these shirts in the parks after the races, so glad they're long sleeved...and as PP mentioned the DS will give us short sleeves to complete my set. :yoda:

I arrive tmrw afternoon too. It'd be nice to get some merch but I'm not fussed about it...if I get some stuff great but with 3 shirts & 3 medals, it's enough. I've bought a lot of stuff at the other expos and don't really do anything with it...well, I guess I decorated my Xmas tree with the mini medals this year...LOL!

The new costume guidelines really threw me for a tizzy with the short notice. I modified as best I could and hope they let me in...if not, I'll just take them off. I think rD events are so fun partially because of the costuming, especially for a themed race like this. I was going to do some serious costuming for the DS but now I'm thinking I might just wear a race shirt.

Safe travels and happy running all...may the course be with us!

cheers,
:)

At the expo now... Just bought two glasses and the CM said all that they had was on the shelf... There were only 4 others that I saw. :(

Just the difference that it cost me to book thru the travel provider, $50. I'll be at the Expo some time tomorrow afternoon. :-)

Sorry, I'm going to have to decline. My Mom is too tired from traveling to go to the park so I don't need it. I'm also kind of stuck with my own ticket from a TA, but I'll guess I'll use it to visit for a couple of hours. Thx. Sorry

Hubs and I opted to skip this race due to scheduling conflicts with RNR Arizona this weekend, but the amount of people hanging out in that crowd makes me wonder if anything will be left when we go to the Expo tonight.

We were hoping to pick up some of the RawThreads shirts and SparklySoul headbands before we left for Phoenix. Saves on shipping :)

I bet that was the people waiting for RunDisney merchandise, not the normal expo stuff.

We avoided the official merchandise area and had a perfectly decent expo today. Dr cool, "the stick", running skirts dot com, all got us. :)

Sparkle skirts had a bunch of Rey costume pieces at that time, and they have Disney *approved* Jedi robes. The volunteer at sparkle and I agreed that we think many are overthinking the costume stuff, and a lot more is OK than people think.

I bet that was the people waiting for RunDisney merchandise, not the normal expo stuff.

At 630pm, that line was still growing and not moving! Hubs and I had agreed before going to the expo that we wouldn't join that line since we weren't running the race. It is unfair to the paying participants for us to go in and grab merch for a race that we aren't participating in ourselves!

However, I did get some great "show specials" on SparklySoul headbands and Raw Threads T-shirts. I'm glad that the Expo is open to visitors so those of us who may not do every race can buy merchandise from the vendors. Sometimes it's hard to tell if you'll fit into a shirt or like the color of something. This just made it easier to purchase!

Just the difference that it cost me to book thru the travel provider, $50. I'll be at the Expo some time tomorrow afternoon. :-)

@DWorldOrBust I'd be interested in your extra ticket if you still are trying to get rid of it. I won't be to the expo until tomorrow (Saturday) morning though. If doesn't work for you, no biggie. Thanks! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter