**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Seriously? I thought only stormtroopers wandering around and stuff. Cool.
They do wonder around the Launch Bay but are not actually part of the party. The amount of time they spend in the party area varies from just walking through to stopping and mingling with the Guests. How much time they spend in the party area depends on the weather, they cannot be outdoors when it rains.

Alright, overall a big improvement on the dessert party portion of this event, loved the food and all the different options, loved the seating, if I had to nitpick it would be the lack of SW in the actual desserts, before we had a chocolate Vader, a chocolate BB8, now they do not have any SW touches. The show has lost it's higher fireworks, the new elements from Solo and Last Jedi are very cool and the overall original show is still there but I missed all the bigger fireworks from behind, they are now just shooting straight up ones, to make up for the lack of fireworks they have uped the laser and light effects.
I still rank this dessert party as my number 2 in all WDW property

Just found this great thread - thank you for putting it together! :chewy:

Wait, what?!?!? When did they make the changes to the desserts at the party? My DD & I went to our first party in June and had all the SW touch food items you mentioned above. We are going back in a couple weeks and made another reservation to the party because we loved the first one so much. She'll be so disappointed (not to mention I am too) that the SW themed desserts are no longer offered.

I also didn't realize that they didn't shoot the big fireworks off anymore. It was raining the night we were there, and I thought perhaps they didn't shoot them off due to the rain - or I was too busy looking at the projections that I missed them.

When we went to the party in June, we received a Darth Vader mug. Are they still giving those out?

One other question - I read in this thread is that you should get to the viewing area before the Storm Troopers lead you out. I didn't realize you could do that. Is that something we should do this time?

Thank you, and May the Force Be With You. :earsboy:

Last edited:
Just found this great thread - thank you for putting it together! :chewy:

Wait, what?!?!? When did they make the changes to the desserts at the party? My DD & I went to our first party in June and had all the SW touch food items you mentioned above. We are going back in a couple weeks and made another reservation to the party because we loved the first one so much. She'll be so disappointed (not to mention I am too) that the SW themed desserts are no longer offered.

I also didn't realize that they didn't shoot the big fireworks off anymore. It was raining the night we were there, and I thought perhaps they didn't shoot them off due to the rain - or I was too busy looking at the projections that I missed them.

When we went to the party in June, we received a Darth Vader mug. Are they still giving those out?

One other question - I read in this thread is that you should get to the viewing area before the Storm Troopers lead you out. I didn't realize you could do that. Is that something we should do this time?

Thank you, and May the Force Be With You. :earsboy:
the changes came about a couple of months ago, with the added chairs and savory items. The current gift is a Phasma stein, the cupcakes now don't have any SW decorations other than the cupcake wrappers but they are the same ones as before.
As far as the viewing area, it is now on Center Stage (elevated platform in front of the Chinese Theater) best spot is back and to the left of the area, you could leave early or be one of the first to come out with the stormtroopers, also people tend to sit in this viewing area, the back part has a small ledge that is more comfortable for sitting. You also go out in time to see Disney Movie Magic (projection show before SWaGS)

Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason regarding how many Guests attend the party on any given night. Yulilin3's party was half full, last night's party was sold out, go figure. And if you think it's expensive for a typical family, last night there were two families, one with 24 members and one with 19, do the math, yikes.

I also didn't realize that they didn't shoot the big fireworks off anymore.
I don't think it's a big loss. They were too far away and off center relative to the theater, plus there's so much going on lower down that I'm not sure that most people noticed.
Nope, they had those left over from the Galactic Nights event and needed to get rid of them, so we did. It's back to the regular gift, the Captain Phasma steins.
I read in this thread is that you should get to the viewing area before the Storm Troopers lead you out. I didn't realize you could do that. Is that something we should do this time?
Not many Guests leave early, I'm not sure it's necessary. If you do decide to leave early, make sure you pick up your souvenir gift(s) before heading out.

not sure if this has been mentioned. The wording for the SW dessert party has changed to reflect seating:
Seating is available banquet-style, where Guests may be seated with other parties. If you are traveling with another party, please request seating in advance as the location may not be able to accommodate all parties upon arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter