**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Thank you so much for this amazing and informative thread! I have looked through some of the posts and watched the videos, but I have some questions about the Star Wars Galactic Dessert party, if you don't mind.

1) From the video, it looks like chairs are not provided during the party, is that correct?
2) We would like to meet Kylo Ren. Would you recommend we do this before the party? Or will he still be meeting while the party is going on?
3) Do the Jawas still attend the party and, if so, will they trade?
4) It sounds like the show viewing area is now on a raised platform in front of the Chinese Theater - is that correct? Is there seating for the show or will we be standing? Is there a particular spot we should aim for as we enter the viewing area?

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this amazing and informative thread! I have looked through some of the posts and watched the videos, but I have some questions about the Star Wars Galactic Dessert party, if you don't mind.

We will be attending the dessert party on Dec. 19.

1) From the video, it looks like chairs are not provided during the party, is that correct?
2) We would like to meet Kylo Ren. Would you recommend we do this before the party? Or will he still be meeting while the party is going on?
3) Do the Jawas still attend the party and, if so, will they trade?
4) It sounds like the show viewing area is now on a raised platform in front of the Chinese Theater - is that correct? Is there seating for the show or will we be standing? Is there a particular spot we should aim for as we enter the viewing area?

Thanks so much!
1) correct no chairs only high/bar type tables
2) All characters inside Launch Bay meet until park closing, in the evening the line is usually shorter but if Kylo is a priority I would attempt to meet him earlier just to be sure you are not taking too much time from your party
3) No, the Jawas are gone from DHS all together, only place to see them might be during Galactic Nights
4) The reserved viewing area is Center Stage, if you are familiar with DHS this was the location where the pin store was, under the hat. It is elevated and there are no chairs. I would actually head toward the back of the viewing area, the show is very wide and the closer to the Chinese Theater you are the more details you will miss, also most fireworks shoot from the right side of the Chinese Theater, so head toward the back and the left

1) correct no chairs only high/bar type tables
2) All characters inside Launch Bay meet until park closing, in the evening the line is usually shorter but if Kylo is a priority I would attempt to meet him earlier just to be sure you are not taking too much time from your party
3) No, the Jawas are gone from DHS all together, only place to see them might be during Galactic Nights
4) The reserved viewing area is Center Stage, if you are familiar with DHS this was the location where the pin store was, under the hat. It is elevated and there are no chairs. I would actually head toward the back of the viewing area, the show is very wide and the closer to the Chinese Theater you are the more details you will miss, also most fireworks shoot from the right side of the Chinese Theater, so head toward the back and the left

Thank you SO much!! This is so helpful. Aw, sorry to miss the Jawas, but happy we did get to meet them during the last Star Wars weekends. Thank you!

I haven't been to the dessert party since September. Has the viewing location changed? Is it accessible? Love this thread and love this dessert party.

I haven't been to the dessert party since September. Has the viewing location changed? Is it accessible? Love this thread and love this dessert party.
Yes if it is the same as the jingle bell jingle bam dessert party it is now on the raised stage in front of the theater. It is elevated and closer to the theater so the view of some of the projections may be better (especially since many people sit instead of standing) BUT the view of the large fireworks shot off to the right and behind the theater are blocked somewhat by the theater in that location. I think the old location was probably a better view overall. We never did the dessert party before tonight but we have stood near the old dessert party location and I think that view was better

Thank you SO much!! This is so helpful. Aw, sorry to miss the Jawas, but happy we did get to meet them during the last Star Wars weekends. Thank you!

We will be at the same party with you. And yes we will fight you with elbows, shoving, and selfishness in the true Disney (and holidays) fashion to the back left spot for fireworks viewing. Be forewarned :tongue:.

We will be at the same party with you. And yes we will fight you with elbows, shoving, and selfishness in the true Disney (and holidays) fashion to the back left spot for fireworks viewing. Be forewarned :tongue:.

um, ok . . . we don't engage in physical violence for show spots. I think you thought this was funny, but "forewarning" someone that they will be elbowed and shoved really isn't.

My apologies then for poor humor. I am the complete opposite of that portrayal.

Last edited:
My apologies then for poor humor. I am the complete opposite of that portrayal.

Thank you for the apology. This is an online forum where people post anonymously and one cannot interpret tone of voice nor body language when a statement is made. I don't know who you are, so a statement like that feels threatening and this is behavior, sadly, that I've seen in WDW. We book these dessert parties to try to avoid it, literally, at all costs. To be threatened with it prior to even attending an event felt very disconcerting. I would just advise that people think twice about what they post. Things like this may sound tongue-in-cheek to you when you write it, but may not be interpreted that way on the other end. I am not a regular on this thread so am not "in" on the joke when someone threatens me and my family and I'm pretty sure what you posted goes against DISboard guidelines.

Hubby and I will be at Galactic Nights on the 16th - yay! Do we have any information yet on the Galaxy's Edge panel discussion? Location or times? How long before it starts should we be in line?

Hubby and I will be at Galactic Nights on the 16th - yay! Do we have any information yet on the Galaxy's Edge panel discussion? Location or times? How long before it starts should we be in line?
Location will be the Indiana Jones theater but no info on time yet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter