**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Checked this morning right after 8, my date must not have loaded at that point. Checked again just now in the waiting room at the doctor, success! 8/15 here we come! DD7 is going to be soooo excited. DS5 is on the spectrum, and there is no way he could ever wait long enough to grab a good spot for the projections. I was going to pass up the fireworks entirely, but the kids are really getting into SW now and it warms my heart :love: so even though it's a huge treat, I am very excited to do this. Whatever your reasons, I'm excited for all of you booking today for August! I feel like I should be shouting in the waiting room but nobody else will understand. I will save my celebrating for later!

I am booked for Aug 6th!!!! Now I know that not only will I get a great spot to watch them, won't have to wait for hours on end in the same spot to watch them, but get some goodies as well.

Very excited about this!!

We are booked for August 6th too!! See you there!

Hi all,
Thanks you very much for the updates - I am late coming to this thread but I am keen to book the Dessert Party for August 1st. It will be our first day at Disney and my DSs 12, 15 (& me & DH) are big Star Wars fans. Can anyone advise what time in the day these things release normally - is it midnight EST? I am in Ireland so that would be too early in the morning for me! I sympathise with those who were on the Rumours of Light hunt in April - I enjoyed/endured that too!

Also, I have a couple of questions - will there be any tables in the Launch area, I know there are no chairs. Also, does anyone know how hard it is to get a spot outside where a short person / 12 year old child can see reasonably! I would hate to pay so much money and not see reasonably. Happy to arrive early but I assume that may not help given it will be a free for all heading out after the desserts??

Thanks!
Deirdre

Any luck Deirdre?

And maybe October by Labor Day? Too hopeful?!?!

I know I read in this thread somewhere about October. Are they going to expand the hours? It says 7:30 close but that can't be right. We will be in WDW for a day stop (excursion) off the Disney Magic when heading back to NYC. I'm hoping to end the day at HS.

Congratulations to all the successfully booked August party goers!

We are hoping to go in October, but I have a question (asking opinions):

Do you think (since my luck I will be visiting realities when they start booking my October dates) that I would have better luck choosing a dessert night when there is NOT a Halloween party at MK? I was thinking if MK is open to all, maybe most people would go there to see those fireworks while they have a chance and go to HS on party nights. What do y'all think? Thanks!

Booked for the 7/31!! So excited!

Questions for those that have already been.

Do they keep the area in front of the kids section clear during the show?

Do they allow you to leave the Launch Bay area with alcohol?

One of the biggest reasons for us doing this(besides the free booze;p) is so DS9 can actually see the whole show.

I know I read in this thread somewhere about October. Are they going to expand the hours? It says 7:30 close but that can't be right. We will be in WDW for a day stop (excursion) off the Disney Magic when heading back to NYC. I'm hoping to end the day at HS.
They have been updating park hours only a month in advance, the hours will likely change

Congratulations to all the successfully booked August party goers!

We are hoping to go in October, but I have a question (asking opinions):

Do you think (since my luck I will be visiting realities when they start booking my October dates) that I would have better luck choosing a dessert night when there is NOT a Halloween party at MK? I was thinking if MK is open to all, maybe most people would go there to see those fireworks while they have a chance and go to HS on party nights. What do y'all think? Thanks!
Party nights at MK make the other parks a bit more crowded, so yes to your logic.

Booked for the 7/31!! So excited!

Questions for those that have already been.

Do they keep the area in front of the kids section clear during the show?

Do they allow you to leave the Launch Bay area with alcohol?

One of the biggest reasons for us doing this(besides the free booze;p) is so DS9 can actually see the whole show.
The area directly in front of the roped off area is a walkway so the CM keep people moving along, they can't stand in front of you
I didn't see this personally, and hopefully someone who was there can answer on a first hand account. But I would think that you won't have a problem doing that. I was at Launch Bay during the dessert party on Sunday and I saw several people, outside the roped off area, walking around with a cup in their hand.

Do you pay for the Star Wars Fireworks party and Club Villain when you make the reservation, or when you attend the event?

Thank you!!

Do you pay for the Star Wars Fireworks party and Club Villain when you make the reservation, or when you attend the event?

Thank you!!
Pay in full at time of booking and you have a 1 day cancellation policy, meaning you can cancel up to the day before your reservation and get a full refund

I was going to say "now that the dessert party is booked, I don't know what to do with myself...", but then there's Club Villain only open Sep-Oct... and I am hoping for NOV!!!!!!! :sad:>:( :sick: :laughing:
There's never a dull moment when planning Disney

They have been updating park hours only a month in advance, the hours will likely change

Party nights at MK make the other parks a bit more crowded, so yes to your logic.

The area directly in front of the roped off area is a walkway so the CM keep people moving along, they can't stand in front of you
I didn't see this personally, and hopefully someone who was there can answer on a first hand account. But I would think that you won't have a problem doing that. I was at Launch Bay during the dessert party on Sunday and I saw several people, outside the roped off area, walking around with a cup in their hand.
When a party we attended was held indoors due to weather, we were able to leave with drinks no problem.

I am patiently (for now) waiting for October 1. I really hope they open some of October when they open the rest of September.

Same here, bright side is it gives me a little more time to decide which night and save up a bit more. I'm tempted to try Oct 1st since that's my birthday. That would probably be the best birthday party ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter