• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

There is an r2d2 cupcake and flat bread. They took away the biscuits :( and the ice cream cart

This really upsets me. My 6 year old daughter has multiple food allergies and the one thing we were counting on her being able to enjoy was the fruit bars from the ice cream cart. We have already booked the party, but may cancel our reservation.

Some notes:
*The party area opened at 8pm for the 9:30pm fireworks
*no one used the outdoor tables, and seriously, who would? The CM don't really tell people that they can go use the tables at the Cantina (which are super cute and lower than the regular bar tables) I would grab one of those tables instead of being in the general area of the desserts.
*There are 2 ways to exit and enter the party, one by the Kylo Ren meet and one from the Cantina.
*I saw plenty of people, with dessert in hand walking around Launch Bay, don't feel obligated to stay in one spot
*There are benches inside Launch Bay, 3 by the meet and greets and 3 in the game room area, you can bring your food and eat it there.
*You can leave the party area at anytime and grab a spot for the fireworks, I really don't see the need though. If you get to the viewing spot and the front area is full stand in the back, plenty of space to move around
*Not sure if they will bring back the ice cream truck. Since it has to be plugged in I'm guessing it's harder to bring it inside, maybe they will move it out and have people grab an ice cream when they get to the viewing area.

Last edited:
This really upsets me. My 6 year old daughter has multiple food allergies and the one thing we were counting on her being able to enjoy was the fruit bars from the ice cream cart. We have already booked the party, but may cancel our reservation.
Remember that they have allergy free options. Just talk to the chef when you get there, also I'm sure they can bring a fruit bar for her. (what type of allergies)

We were there tonight as well and thought it was great! We checked in at 8 and went straight back to the party. It was empty, so we had first run at everything. The staff was very friendly and helpful. When my son asked where the Mickey bars were, he left and brought him one about 5 minutes later. He then went and got one for my other son. There were tables set up outside if the roped area, so there was a lot of space and you cpuld come and go from the roped area easily. We were actually done eating by 8:30, so we met Chewie and Kyli Ren with super short waits. The Jawas were in the cantena area the whole time, so my boys traded with them several times. The storm troopers marched through about every 10-15 minutes. They did not stop for pictures, but interacted a little. After the first time, I knew to have my camera ready to get a shot if them near the family. They walked us over around 9:15. I did not like how they told the children to go in front and sent the adults to the roped area behind them. I had to find my kids, which was a littlt difficult around the adults already positioned, to tell them not to move once the fireworks were over and I would come to them. I wish I had known to tell them that before we were separated. There were at least 2 rows of adults between me and my kids. There were several people in wheelchairs who did not go in the handicap area because the rest of their party was not allowed to be up front with them (just like the kids). The show was amazing and the view was great. We could have gotten our Chewie steins before or after the fireworks. They also had bottles of water at the fireworks. I thought it was worth the price for our family.

Remember that they have allergy free options. Just talk to the chef when you get there, also I'm sure they can bring a fruit bar for her. (what type of allergies)

Her allergies include dairy, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, chick peas (so no hummus), beans (so no black bean dip), and lentils. My worry is that it takes time to talk to the chef and then more time for them to produce safe foods. When we dine at a restaurant, Disney is fabulous working with her allergies. However, our meals often take longer than the average family's meal. No biggie normally, but you can't get around having a limited time to enjoy the reception.

Her allergies include dairy, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, chick peas (so no hummus), beans (so no black bean dip), and lentils. My worry is that it takes time to talk to the chef and then more time for them to produce safe foods. When we dine at a restaurant, Disney is fabulous working with her allergies. However, our meals often take longer than the average family's meal. No biggie normally, but you can't get around having a limited time to enjoy the reception.
They have ready to eat items for food allergies. You just ask to speak to the chef, and they go backstage and come back in less than 5 minutes with a box of goodies. Here's what they have (the only thing from this package that she could not eat is the larabar) They make these in a separate kitchen
12208756_10208160558997481_1000576603535784762_n.jpg

12111970_10208160559077483_1625935833310374795_n.jpg

12191565_10208160559757500_2583447517879679978_n.jpg

I am sure @yulilin3 will respond more. However, she has posted a pic in this thread of what they provide. It's not stuff that they make right then. It's a box of pre-made or even prepackaged food listing the exact ingredients. They just have to go grab the box.

@yulilin3 as usual is on the ball;)

I am more bummed about the eclairs than the ice cream- they looked so good! Thanks for reporting back!

The eclairs weren't good. You aren't missing anything. They are soggy, stale, and a fairly flavorless. I love a good eclair and could only eat one maybe two small bites before I gave up.

Good to know- they looked better than they actually tasted. I did see some things I liked- the new drinks and the fruit sabers. Still trying to convince the DH we need to do this... Tomorrow is my last chance- wish me luck!:scared:

can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks

I will PM you soon about meeting up, probably tomorrow or Tuesday. We fly to Orlando in a little over a week. They sprung some last minute podcast events on us, so @OhioStateBuckeye and I are still working out some stuff in the aftermath of last minute changes. Looking forward to seeing you again too:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter