**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

some more pics from last night
13438979_10209978549486107_5262368135554533307_n.jpg

13502046_10209978550166124_5810351189852204600_n.jpg

13501753_10209978550326128_6819129134714913871_n.jpg

13495245_10209978551406155_484119211384836133_n.jpg

13508824_10209978552486182_7359685901124968251_n.jpg

BTW: for those who went the first couple of days of this new show and now see the 2 towers of flame, yep, they are new, added 3 days ago. I was talking to a tech last night and she said they also added like a flashing effect on top of the Hyperion Theater and Disney Jr. Theater.
You can really feel the heat from the 2 fire towers
Here's a new video from WDWMagic

Oh, wow! What an amazing thread. We are heading to WDW for Christmas and have some SW nuts with us. They will want to spend a lot of time with SW attractions.

Wondering: maybe instead of MVMCP should we hope for SW dessert party instead? I'm guessing there are none scheduled for December yet.

Hi! I loved the dessert party in March and will probably be doing it again in August, HOWEVER, I would not miss MVMCP! You can still do all the SW stuff without paying for the desserts but you can only see it snow on Main Street with Santa in the parade and the magnificent fireworks display to Christmas music at the Christmas party! I love the parties. I thought nothing could top MNSSHP until I did MVMCP! It truly was magical!!!

BTW: for those who went the first couple of days of this new show and now see the 2 towers of flame, yep, they are new, added 3 days ago. I was talking to a tech last night and she said they also added like a flashing effect on top of the Hyperion Theater and Disney Jr. Theater.

I cannot wait for September! Thank you yulilin3 for all you do for us :)

I highly recommend visiting the Poly thread on the Resorts board. I'm sure someone would happily help you out! :thumbsup2

Sadly while someone did try to help, the pic was just too distorted :( That was two weeks ago so maybe I can try again!

Starting July 10th the party portion is moving permanently inside launch bay, then they walk you out 15 minutes before the fireworks to the roped off location

So what I'm hearing is fill up my to go box and ask the bartender for a double on my way out? Lol

Questions about when the party moves to the Launch Bay

1. Where do they take you from the Launch Bay?
2. Is there any extra theming that occurs within the launch bay?
3.Any idea of the capacity inside the launch bay or in other words is this something that will be booking up quickly now?
4. How kid friendly is this event?

3.Any idea of the capacity inside the launch bay or in other words is this something that will be booking up quickly now?
1. No one knows, but the guess is a similar viewing area as the current party, just smaller.
2. Again, no one knows. We'll know more on July 10.
3. Capacity probably stays the same as the party is now (@yulilin3 reports capacity is 200).
4. Very kid friendly.

So KTP has just posted a great review of the Dessert Party with nice photos of the food and drinks offered...

1.- They will take you to the current dessert place, it'll just be smaller since there's no need for tables
2.- No extra theming has been mentioned
3.- The capacity for the dessert party is 200, with a max of 225. It hasn't been selling out but you should book as soon as it comes out just in case
4.- Not sure about kid friendly. It's just savory and sweet items with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, plus a view of the show

Has there been a map of best viewing areas for the new show posted?
Here are my pictures from the best spots not including dessert party spot (which is the best):
Best one would be along the first line of tape
13434952_10209919002477469_4846533957275467722_n.jpg

13466264_10209919001237438_2412353817314258812_n.jpg

Second best spot and one you can get to minutes before the show is between the back of Center Stage and the Chinese Theater, it's really close and you lose some of the wide aspects of the show but you can still see the fireworks and projections very well

13533116_10209966858233833_4262782663155693413_n.jpg

13494946_10209966902114930_2661816342108226907_n.jpg

Wow that's quite an addition! Looks like I will be back first week of Sept. Thinking I will book 9/1 party if it becomes available. Hope you will be around.

Okay question about the new show. How loud is it. We will be bringing our 1 year old? I also hope that will the move inside the building they might have some seats or at least let us still bring our stroller in. July 10th cant come soon enough for the details. We are waiting for it to open up for November bookings. Taking so long.

Okay question about the new show. How loud is it. We will be bringing our 1 year old? I also hope that will the move inside the building they might have some seats or at least let us still bring our stroller in. July 10th cant come soon enough for the details. We are waiting for it to open up for November bookings. Taking so long.
The sound I would compare about the same as Fantasmic! not sure if you've done that
We will not know for sure about seats, I do know that they don't allow strollers inside Launch Bay but we have to wait for the first reports on the 10th to know for sure.

I am bringing two children age 9 and 12. With the new setup where we will be walking up 15 min prior to show, will the kids be able to see, or will it be difficult with other dessert party goers standing in front of them?

I am bringing two children age 9 and 12. With the new setup where we will be walking up 15 min prior to show, will the kids be able to see, or will it be difficult with other dessert party goers standing in front of them?
No one knows until that first night...guinea pigs going on the 10th should have a full report :)
Also, there's no where that says that you have to walk out with the rest of the dessert party goers, you could always leave a bit earlier and head to the roped off area for a spot on the ropes, of course, it would cut into your dessert eating...but again, we won't know until the people going on the 10th report back

Here's Josh post, very helpful. Posting it on the first page as well under the fireworks post
http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/st...tips-and-review-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

some tremendous lines:

"Personally, I would try to arrive 45 minutes early and find spots behind someone that doesn’t look like they are physically able to lift their 7-year old child on their shoulders and doesn’t appear to have any iPad Pros on their person." ... so be on the look out for a group of little old ladies to stalk and stand behind

"Beginning July 10th, the party will move indoors to Star Wars Launch Bay and the comfort of air-conditioning may provide even more value to those looking to chug drinks and have a cheese eating contest with their in-laws." ... much better than a cheese-eating contest in the hot, July sun!

some tremendous lines:

"Personally, I would try to arrive 45 minutes early and find spots behind someone that doesn’t look like they are physically able to lift their 7-year old child on their shoulders and doesn’t appear to have any iPad Pros on their person." ... so be on the look out for a group of little old ladies to stalk and stand behind

"Beginning July 10th, the party will move indoors to Star Wars Launch Bay and the comfort of air-conditioning may provide even more value to those looking to chug drinks and have a cheese eating contest with their in-laws." ... much better than a cheese-eating contest in the hot, July sun!
he's funny :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter