• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Maybe it's just me but when I click the Kenny the pirate link I see a large April calendar and then at the bottom with the weeks I can't find a link for after May 28. Sure it shows up but when I click it. It is the week before. Help!

Maybe it's just me but when I click the Kenny the pirate link I see a large April calendar and then at the bottom with the weeks I can't find a link for after May 28. Sure it shows up but when I click it. It is the week before. Help!
the times for May 29th and on are not posted yet. The first page of this thread has all updated information, you can also go to the official Disney page
I'm assuming you're talking about the fireworks
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...tudios/star-wars-symphony-in-stars-fireworks/

Congrats on the 10K! I really wanted to run this weekend. I'm especially jealous of anyone who got the Kessel run medal like who doesn't want a millennium falcon medal? Oh well hopefully sometime in the future.

Congrats on the 10K! I really wanted to run this weekend. I'm especially jealous of anyone who got the Kessel run medal like who doesn't want a millennium falcon medal? Oh well hopefully sometime in the future.
you can train for next year, it'll be on the same weekend

you can train for next year, it'll be on the same weekend
I wish but of course I'll be in college next year. Maybe I can get lucky and fly in Friday night head to the expo quick and run on Saturday and Sunday and leave Sunday night. Who knows my eyes are on Dopey right now.

thank you
I'll be brief with my impressions
Got to the staging area at 3:20am, managed to get a pic with Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt and Capt Phasma.
It was all well organized
Got into my corral at 5am, moved as close to the front as I could, tried to start my walk/run/walk intervals but after 3 minutes I got really bad pain in my legs so decided to just walk the whole thing
I didn't stop for characters, first one was R2D2 his line was super long, Chewie was next, again long line...the 501st represented at the entrance to DHS and also close to the finish line. The other photo op was at DHS with Vader's chair...
The medal is really cool
The course itself was ok, I calculated only about 1 mile and a half inside Epcot and DHS combined so a lot of streets.
The bus situation going back from WWoS to Epcot was horrible, I waited an hour and a half to get on a bus, people were super upset, I hope next year they change the course and the parking situation
Waiting on the photopass pics to come up so I can post them, took some with my phone so they are blury

Is the medal a real metal medal? Or is it wiggly like the 5K?

Can you send me a message about viewing the photopass pictures. I can't figure it out for the life of me. I looked through dh's guide and don't see photopass info anywhere. I guess the bib number is for something too?

Is the medal a real metal medal? Or is it wiggly like the 5K?

Can you send me a message about viewing the photopass pictures. I can't figure it out for the life of me. I looked through dh's guide and don't see photopass info anywhere. I guess the bib number is for something too?
The 5k people always get a medallion (the rubber ones) and then 10k and up is a metal medal, that's for all RunDisney races
Photopass is down, I have only managed to get 2 from the 10k yesterday. For the 5k here is the photopass code
2016-DARK-W5Kx-xxxx substitute the x with the bib number
http://www.rundisney.com/results/star-wars-wdw-half-marathon/2016/

Here are the pictures from Photopass. I woke up really early for the ones before the start, got to Epcot around 3:15am, got Boba Fett with a 5 minute wait, Jabba no wait, Phasma was about 30 minutes wait, they close the line right after I got in
13015298_10209431481409747_2378714534267692751_n.jpg

13010821_10209431481729755_883337388453892601_n.jpg

12985526_10209435557351643_4400420583421088733_n.jpg

this one was with my phone, the little dirt road into WWoS was themed as Endor, including speakers emitting Ewok sounds
12998581_10209420937346152_3445708776681501878_n.jpg

finish line pics are not in yet but here's my official "I did it" pic
13051580_10209432662279268_7726232284579504624_n.jpg

Nice photos, yulilin! Phasma looks cool in a dark setting. I must admit I'm still fixated on the fact your SW "metal medal" is much larger than my Princess "metal medal!" ;)

Wear it proudly!!

Wait wait wait...let me get this straight... There are NO SW fireworks at DHS on Thursdays or Saturdays??? We are there May 12-15.

Yeah, thats what it looks like. Our DHS day is Thurs 5/5. Looks like no fireworks for us unless they add them.
It is probably unlikely they will be added.

Thursday nights are when Disney After Hours takes place in MK. They probably want that ticketed event to be the main draw on Thursdays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter