• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I'm glad I'm not the only one pouring over concept art :D
Yeah I have a feeling thet SWLand will be all of the former Streets of America all the way to what was LMA, and TSLand will be where Studio catering started all the way to the back, where Backlot Tour ran (that's a big area) so behind TSMM
See I'm still hesitant on this and am not reading too much into the concept art. Everything I've seen and heard is that SWL will not be going where LMA is.

I'm glad I'm not the only one pouring over concept art :D
Yeah I have a feeling thet SWLand will be all of the former Streets of America all the way to what was LMA, and TSLand will be where Studio catering started all the way to the back, where Backlot Tour ran (that's a big area) so behind TSMM
This is where I think they will be as well - my only question is about LB now... would it be relocated to a new structure in SWLand? Would it even exist after SWLand is constructed? just thinking it will be weird to have it across the park from SWLand...

From a scale of 1-10 I would give the show a 6
They need more characters up there and a way to block the view of the "backstage"
I think if this show was at night, with cool lighting effects it would look way better
I agree! My DD5 and I were watching it on my phone and she was pointing them out as they walked on the sides... it was such a downer!

Or at least have some of the characters interact as they do in JTA. The show needs to move away from its fashion show aspect - it reminded me of the FoF fashion show that highlighted the new costumes.:)
I love the Fashion show analogy - that is exactly what it felt like to me too!

Jedi Training Trials of the Temple
Sign ups are at the Indiana Jones store in between 50s Prime Time and Indiana Jones Theater. First come, first served

Can someone tell me if the store is called the Adventure Outpost? Sorry if I missed the name but am lost on the map. I can make ADR's tomorrow and don't want to get an H&V ressie if it's going to conflict with JTA sign-ups. Thanks in advance for the help!!

I might be the only one, but from the description Disney gave I didn't expect much from the Phasma march... Sounded to me like a pretty brief, minor display.

My daughter is upset that Phasma is walking like that, she walks normally in the movie, no need to exaggerate "feminine " movement.

I am glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this. It was very strange to see Captain Phasma walking like a model. She is a soldier, her gender doesn't matter, she should walk like a soldier. The hip swaying was seriously disturbing and totally out of character for Phasma.

Can someone tell me if the store is called the Adventure Outpost? Sorry if I missed the name but am lost on the map. I can make ADR's tomorrow and don't want to get an H&V ressie if it's going to conflict with JTA sign-ups. Thanks in advance for the help!!
yes,Indiana Jones Adventure Post

I might be the only one, but from the description Disney gave I didn't expect much from the Phasma march... Sounded to me like a pretty brief, minor display.
here's a video of the whole demonstration, see, I was expecting Phasma to walk up to center stage, maybe pose for a couple of minutes then leave, so this was a nice surprise. I'm not saying it's a full out show but at least it's something
The video I got was the first walk ever and the CM were not ready and didn't leave a space open for the stormtroopers to do their "drills"

I am glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this. It was very strange to see Captain Phasma walking like a model. She is a soldier, her gender doesn't matter, she should walk like a soldier. The hip swaying was seriously disturbing and totally out of character for Phasma.
exactly, it looks forced.

I was at the 2:30-ish show. I think your rating is more than fair. With full sun, the screens aren't that impressive, and it's the screens that hold the show. The characters were like a tease. Hard to view for kids and small adults like me. I moved from third row to construction walls.

If the show had been inside a theatre setting like Beauty and the Beast, I'd have given it an 8 or 9.

It's like Hoopla, unless you are tall, you'll need to get there early to get a rope spot.

What is "early?" How long before the show starts to get a good spot? I'm anxious to see it once, but seems like that'll be enough.

Also, I really want a picture in front of the Hollywood Studios arch with Stormtroopers and Phasma marching in the background!! I can't be the only one!

here's a video of the whole demonstration, see, I was expecting Phasma to walk up to center stage, maybe pose for a couple of minutes then leave, so this was a nice surprise. I'm not saying it's a full out show but at least it's something
The video I got was the first walk ever and the CM were not ready and didn't leave a space open for the stormtroopers to do their "drills"

Yeah -- once they work out the kinks, this is MORE than I expected out of this! Her walk is a little silly... Hope thy fix that, too. ;)

What is "early?" How long before the show starts to get a good spot? I'm anxious to see it once, but seems like that'll be enough.

Also, I really want a picture in front of the Hollywood Studios arch with Stormtroopers and Phasma marching in the background!! I can't be the only one!
if you want to kill two birds with the same stone this is what I would do
Be at the arch or close to it for the 11am march, get your picture, a lot of people will be waiting by the stage for Phasma so the march path will be opened until 5 minutes before she comes out
After your picture, try and get as close to the stage as possible, using the areas left on the sides of the stage, as soon as the stormtroopers do their thing and leave you can walk up to the stage, everyone will do the same so be ready, for the 11:30 show
I got this picture with Launch Bay in the background only being in that spot for 5 minutes
12928325_10209319211843078_5641342966963216690_n.jpg

We got there 20 minutes before the 2:30pm show and were 3rd row of people.

Do you guys think early June is considered summer to disney? We might be doing a last minute trip june 6th week. Just wondered if the new fireworks that say starting summer will be during that time?

I just watched the video. That is about all I expected it to be. A quick march by. I dont think I would ever need to see it more than 1x, now that I saw the video not even sure about that. I cant see waiting for 20/30 min for 3 minutes.

And the walk is ridiculous for anyone let alone Phasma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter