**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Not sure if this was already reported but JBJB will start at DHS on Nov. 10th so if the last couple of years are an indication, the last SWaGS for Nov will be Nov 9th and it should return mid Dec for the busy holiday season

Woohoo.... was hopping we could do both on our Christmas trip. So hope this will be true... we'll definitely book both.

What's the rumor?
The desire to offer something at AK, not necessarily a RoL dessert party, has been there all along. It's too soon to announce anything. IMO, and if it's what I think it will be, it would be a very, very cool experience.

I saw a rumor on WDWNT that they might be starting it as soon as August and thought you might know something.

Stay tuned.

@FastPasser. I assume you are talking about something different than this, yes?:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...coming-to-animal-kingdom-this-holiday-season/

Soooo ... should I be worried that I'm now under 60 days out and still no September dates for the Star Wars Guided Tour? I called and the cast member was also surprised they weren't open yet. Said, "any day now." Not helpful. I booked FPs around our tour time ... starting to get nervous!

Soooo ... should I be worried that I'm now under 60 days out and still no September dates for the Star Wars Guided Tour? I called and the cast member was also surprised they weren't open yet. Said, "any day now." Not helpful. I booked FPs around our tour time ... starting to get nervous!
if you can be sure of anything related to WDW releasing booking dates is that there is no clear and consistent calendar, especially for added experiences like this one. The worst that can happen is that it is not offered, you save the money and do everything the tour includes on your own (which is actually really easy to do) But just keep checking every day

Hmmm... I'd call back and ask again -- and keep calling like @yulilin3 said. We're doing the guided tour the last week of August and I booked it sometime in April.

(We know we can do everything on our own, but we liked the guaranteed Jedi training and the reserved spot for the fireworks.)

I've seen a report saying there weren't any fireworks at the Star Wars show 2 nights in a row when a person went. Have they changed the show or was that just coincidence? Just curious since we have the dessert party scheduled in a couple weeks. Thanks!

To clarify the person said there were only fountain fireworks and nothing shot into the air that exploded.

I've seen a report saying there weren't any fireworks at the Star Wars show 2 nights in a row when a person went.
It's possible, but it also could be that they were standing in an area that didn't have a view of the higher fireworks. I'll stay an extra five minutes tonight and check.

I've seen a report saying there weren't any fireworks at the Star Wars show 2 nights in a row when a person went. Have they changed the show or was that just coincidence? Just curious since we have the dessert party scheduled in a couple weeks. Thanks!

To clarify the person said there were only fountain fireworks and nothing shot into the air that exploded.

It's possible, but it also could be that they were standing in an area that didn't have a view of the higher fireworks. I'll stay an extra five minutes tonight and check.

We were at the show 3 weeks ago and two things surprised me:

1. The crowd was much lighter than when we were at the show 2 years ago. On that trip, we staked out a spot more than an hour before the show started and we still had a somewhat obstructed view of the fireworks portion of the show which was fine because we had watched the fireworks portion of the show from our Illuminations cruise earlier that week (our captain was nice enough to take us over there after Illuminations). Granted, that was the first week the show was running so the crowds were probably some of the largest the show has had. However, this year we got to the area about 45 minutes early and sat at a nearby table because there was still so much empty space in the courtyard that we didn't feel the need to stake out a spot. About 2 minutes before the show started we were able to walk to the center of the courtyard and get a great viewing spot. And there was so much empty space around us that I could stretch my arms out to the side and not touch anyone. That's how the entire courtyard was. Our son & his wife had the same experience on a different night that week. In fact, they went to Fantasmic @ 9:00 and still got a great viewing spot for Star Wars.

2. There were not nearly as many actual fireworks in the show this year compared to 2 years ago...at least from what I can remember from that first show. In fact, I can't remember *any* fireworks being shot off to the right of the courtyard this year. Now it's entirely possible that I missed them because I was focused on the projections, but I don't remember the fireworks being "missable" last time.

Last edited:
TOURS ARE OPEN! I repeat TOURS ARE OPEN! :)

I'll be booking our Sept. 10 tour later today. Dates are open all the way through Jan. 7!

If dates for the tour are available through to January does this mean the tour is also run on dates there is no projection/fireworks show at night? Thinking of the late November/early December dates when JBJB is showing

If dates for the tour are available through to January does this mean the tour is also run on dates there is no projection/fireworks show at night? Thinking of the late November/early December dates when JBJB is showing
There will be a projection show in jbjb, The tour will probably get reserved space for the viewing of jbjb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter