**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

It was still the BB-8 sipper tonight.

I was a little disappointed with the party. It was so crowded and the bar line backed up and blocked access to the food tables. The space just felt way too clustered and it wasn’t enjoyable. I did get some food and sit on the benches outside the area, but I would’ve liked a second drink but didn’t feel like battling the crowd. The viewing area was good for the projections but not for the fireworks. We also were either too close to the speakers or one of them is blown because there was a lot of scratchy sounds at times. I did like that pretty much everyone sat for the show and I loved the show.

Whah? I thought it was the Tie Fighters the CMs hated assembling? :upsidedow
The TFs didn't have to be assembled, just bagged as a set. It was mainly their size that made it a pain. Because the Sipper has a drinking straw, and for safety concerns, plastic gloves have to be worn when the straws are bagged for the party.

It was still the BB-8 sipper tonight.

I was a little disappointed with the party. It was so crowded and the bar line backed up and blocked access to the food tables. The space just felt way too clustered and it wasn’t enjoyable. I did get some food and sit on the benches outside the area, but I would’ve liked a second drink but didn’t feel like battling the crowd. The viewing area was good for the projections but not for the fireworks. We also were either too close to the speakers or one of them is blown because there was a lot of scratchy sounds at times. I did like that pretty much everyone sat for the show and I loved the show.

Thanks for sharing. I have April reservations, but will continue to seek out reviews. A crowded event would mean my DH and DSs would be more likely to be unhappy that I had "scheduled" something. Seeing SWAGS is a priority, but them being unimpressed by the party/viewing area would take some of the fun out of it for me!

I was a little disappointed with the party.
You're not alone in your sentiments. The party is intended to be a mix and mingle party and Guests are encouraged to grab some food, drinks, explore the Launch Bay, return and repeat. But most stay in the party area during the entire party. When the party is close to sold out, the party area can feel crowded to some.
I have April reservations, but will continue to seek out reviews.
The party has been taking place for a long time so there are many reviews on this thread. It's either you love it or you don't.

Like all dessert parties, it has good points and not so good points. Jenna's comments accurately point out the cons. It can feel crowded, no seating in the party area and the viewing area has some issues.
A crowded event would mean my DH and DSs would be more likely to be unhappy that I had "scheduled" something. Seeing SWAGS is a priority, but them being unimpressed by the party/viewing area would take some of the fun out of it for me!
Sounds like you might want to rethink it. Many thousands of Guests have enjoyed the experience and it continues to be popular, but it's not for everyone.

Thanks for the feedback, FastPasser. It may very well come down to whether or not my excitement at trying the experience outweighs my worry that they won't care as much. In the meantime, I will keep reading everyone's reports!

On crowded days like today - what are the wait times for BB-8, Chewie and Kylo like? Trying to plan when best to make our way there. We do have the Chase visa for the meet - but I think that is just Kylo right?

On crowded days like today - what are the wait times for BB-8, Chewie and Kylo like? Trying to plan when best to make our way there. We do have the Chase visa for the meet - but I think that is just Kylo right?
Yes, just Kylo for the Visa M&G.

The Chase meet is Kylo only.

Kylo Visa Meet & Greet is during the party?

I’m taking my oldest son (17) on a mom / son trip in March & we have tickets for the dessert party. (I am so excited!! lol)

Trying to absorb everything I need to know to make this trip & the party the best time ever for my boy.

Kylo Visa Meet & Greet is during the party?
Nope, the Disney Visa Cardmember Star Wars character experience takes place daily between 11am and 4pm. The Launch Bay is open to everyone during the party and there are no meet & greets just for party attendees.

Nope, the Disney Visa Cardmember Star Wars character experience takes place daily between 11am and 4pm. The Launch Bay is open to everyone during the party and there are no meet & greets just for party attendees.

Thanks! We will head over there during the day then!

I think you can squeeze in at least one M&G, maybe even two, and still have time to enjoy the food and beverages.
We were able to do BB-8 right before the party, then did Chewie and Kylo during the party. When you are at the tables you can see the lines and once each was virtually empty (Kylo's actually was, and a CM had to knock on the door to let them know we were there!) we were able to walk right up and still had time to go back to the party for more treats!

Said to my husband, who is not much for the planning side of Disney, "there is a cool nighttime Star Wars show now and you can go to a pre-party with star wars themed desserts & munchies, Stormtroopers and even flash frozen Nutella, doesn't that sound like fun??" He said "yes" and didn't ask any questions....I am totally rolling with that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter