**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I was just thinking about the fact that they are not booking the dessert party for Osborne light on Dec. 18th, maybe they will do a Disney Parks Blog meetup to watch the movie and will include the dessert party?
That's sounds very possible.

For MNSSHP, the Blog meetup included a Hocus Pocus discussion, gifts, MagicBands, and VIP seating for the parade and show.

The Blog will have to go all out for SW and your idea is very possible. Maybe a behind the scenes imagineer presentation regarding Launch Bay, a MB, and desserts. Cool!!

Alright I have somewhat of an update, take this for what it's worth. I emailed guest services yesterday regarding the merry and bright dessert party "custom" stadium blanket. I also complained that the lights were going away and there were rumors of SWW leaving and we didn't have an announcement yet. They must have my number on file...HA...because even though I didn't give my number I just got a call.

First, she was very helpful with the blanket - said she called HS merchandising and was told they expect it to reflect the osbourne lights themselves but nothing official other than at a previous special dessert party for a new castle lighting at the MK, the blanket they gave away had a photo of the castle on it.

Now it gets tricky. I don't think she was as prepared to answer these questions. I asked if they were doing something to replace the lights and she said not at HS, but then said they hadn't heard anything official yet on any replacements. "Official" became a big thing in this convo. She was very careful to throw that in after every tid bit!

When I asked about the rumors SWW were not coming back, she without hesitation told me she had not heard anything like that around there, and this time she confidently said either official or unofficial.

I asked if there were any details about season of the force when she brought up the SW race weekend that was new, and asked if it would be happening at the same time. She told me to hold on and was searching through her computer about it, but the only info she could find was the disney parks blog announcement. While reading that, she said the language they chose in the announcement sounded like it would be in addition to SWW. Does she read enough of that stuff to know what their carefully chosen words usually mean? Or was that just a plain ol' personal opinion? Perhaps we will never know! (Though seriously we better know soon. Let's go DPB!)

:welcome: we are "supposed" to only talk about what the title of the thread says but we can't help but dive into other geeky things :)
Ah ok. I will learn the rules. I am the one that asked the question on IG earlier.. Happy to have found your thread.

@AThrillingChase thanks for the report back. Seriously with all the rumor chatter if we don't hear from DPB about SWW being discontinued by the end of this month I'm going to take it as SWW is happening. They know people are worried and planning, thanks on the info on the blanket. That would be a nice souvenir from the lights, on the topic of the Osborne lights the strong rumor was that they were moving them to Disney Springs, now that they have given inventory back to the Osborne family we might see a special lights display there just not called Osborne lights

Ah ok. I will learn the rules. I am the one that asked the question on IG earlier.. Happy to have found your thread.
yeah no problems, we keep it light and fun and, for the most part, positive. No worries if you want to ask about something other than SW. We just can't have a ton of posts "off topic"

@AThrillingChase thanks for the report back. Seriously with all the rumor chatter if we don't hear from DPB about SWW being discontinued by the end of this month I'm going to take it as SWW is happening. They know people are worried and planning, thanks on the info on the blanket. That would be a nice souvenir from the lights, on the topic of the Osborne lights the strong rumor was that they were moving them to Disney Springs, now that they have given inventory back to the Osborne family we might see a special lights display there just not called Osborne lights
I really hope they do move the lights. This event is just too amazing to discontinue.

It's hard to keep a bunch of geeky girls (and boys) and Disney freaks from talking about other "related" stuff. It's hard to find a group of like-minded people when it comes to some of this, especially for women. Glad you registered.

I went to a marathon for Lord of the Rings when the last one came out. They were showing the extended versions. Obviously, that was many years ago, but iirc it started at 10am. For all the SW movies, it would surely have to start the night before. No doubt I MUST take my son. :)

Alright I have somewhat of an update, take this for what it's worth. I emailed guest services yesterday regarding the merry and bright dessert party "custom" stadium blanket. I also complained that the lights were going away and there were rumors of SWW leaving and we didn't have an announcement yet. They must have my number on file...HA...because even though I didn't give my number I just got a call.

First, she was very helpful with the blanket - said she called HS merchandising and was told they expect it to reflect the osbourne lights themselves but nothing official other than at a previous special dessert party for a new castle lighting at the MK, the blanket they gave away had a photo of the castle on it.

Now it gets tricky. I don't think she was as prepared to answer these questions. I asked if they were doing something to replace the lights and she said not at HS, but then said they hadn't heard anything official yet on any replacements. "Official" became a big thing in this convo. She was very careful to throw that in after every tid bit!

When I asked about the rumors SWW were not coming back, she without hesitation told me she had not heard anything like that around there, and this time she confidently said either official or unofficial.

I asked if there were any details about season of the force when she brought up the SW race weekend that was new, and asked if it would be happening at the same time. She told me to hold on and was searching through her computer about it, but the only info she could find was the disney parks blog announcement. While reading that, she said the language they chose in the announcement sounded like it would be in addition to SWW. Does she read enough of that stuff to know what their carefully chosen words usually mean? Or was that just a plain ol' personal opinion? Perhaps we will never know! (Though seriously we better know soon. Let's go DPB!)

This is at least encouraging news. I have been trolling "The Googles" for the past three days, and have not seen any new reports since the original. Anything I do see just refers or quotes that one. Usually when a rumor like this has real legs, it gets spread a lot faster. Let's just hope the force is with us, at least for one more SWW.

Also, still no communication from Disney regarding my inquiry.

Thanks for the update @AThrillingChase!

I've got the dinner RSVP for the Osborne lights - Anyone know what a Disney-style shadowbox looks like? (It'd be really nice if it was a lightbox and lit up the lights behind it...)

As for a Star Wars marathon (just to stay on topic :D ) ... Yousa gonna make me sit through the first 2 movies again? Datsa Boombad...

(And the real question is will they show them in "proper" order... 4, 5, 1*, 2, 3, 6 (* = optional) )

I've got the dinner RSVP for the Osborne lights - Anyone know what a Disney-style shadowbox looks like? (It'd be really nice if it was a lightbox and lit up the lights behind it...)

As for a Star Wars marathon (just to stay on topic :D ) ... Yousa gonna make me sit through the first 2 movies again? Datsa Boombad...

(And the real question is will they show them in "proper" order... 4, 5, 1*, 2, 3, 6 (* = optional) )
It would be nice if they showed a picture of what they are giving, wouldn't it?
I'll skip the marathon and watch Droid Tales again, so funny and gives you all the info you basically need

I'll skip the marathon and watch Droid Tales again, so funny and gives you all the info you basically need

Ya gotta understand that I was one of the lucky few who got to see the first three movies on a Cinemascope screen in 70mm. (It was a VERY wide, curved screen so that it filled your vision up to nearly your peripheral vision if you sat just right.)

http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/5464

I find this interesting:
The dessert party for the Osborne Lights just opened up for booking and December 18th is not available to book...the Osborne lights will still be on that day so I'm wondering why no dessert party
I'll be at the park that day hoping they do something special
We will be there also. We have the TBA Candlelight Processional booked as back up but hoping for something special as well.

We will be there also. We have the TBA Candlelight Processional booked as back up but hoping for something special as well.
that's the only thing I'm fearing....my daughter is performing candlelight this year and they don't get the dates they are singing until after Thanksgiving, I'm hoping it's not Dec 18th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter