*** Official September 2024 Thread ***

Omg I am so excited for you! It's always so fun to finally stay at a childhood dream resort. I know some people warn to temper expectations for that sort of thing, but both of my childhood dream resorts (Poly and GF) blew me away. I hope you love BWI! I also hope for small miracles and Cake Bake Shop will be open for you!

We actually nearly stayed at BWI for pre-cruise, since it is new to us (the clown pool always kept me away lol!), but we figured at that point we might as well just stay at GF since it wasn't much more, and my partner couldn't make it for my first stay there when I turned 40 during the panini. We have 5 nights there, then a 4 night Halloween cruise on the Wish (our first cruise with Disney and partner's first ever cruise!), and as a special treat for debarkation day, 1 night at Poly CL before we fly back home. My partner thinks we are staying garden view but I secretly bumped us up to TPV as a late birthday gift for her. (She never looks at her app so she'll have no idea)
This is why I LOVE these boards - you get it! I'm so excited and people in my "regular" life just don't get it the way you all do ;) Poly and GF are definitely dream resorts, too (I'm loving the GF's new Mary Poppins theming in the DVC rooms!). How lovely that you booked an upgrade for your partner's birthday! What a sweet thing to do; she'll love it! Thanks for sharing my joy and excitement - the planning is so much of the fun for me, so keep us all posted!

Southwest released discounts for September today. I know they have a shaky history, but my family of 4 can fly for $391 vs $1371 on Delta.

Guys, Genie + is so expensive this week! $39 for MK! Really hoping that it won’t be that high when we go end of September or we might have to go without it for certain parks…

Guys, Genie + is so expensive this week! $39 for MK! Really hoping that it won’t be that high when we go end of September or we might have to go without it for certain parks…
It's Spring Break -- it probably won't be that much in September.

This thread made me join! Going to be there 9/1-9/10. So very excited!! We're anxiously awaiting Food and Wine dates as we've heard rumors of a shortened festival this year.

Just added you to the roll call! So glad I'm not the only one worried for F&W festival dates!

The "Closures" section of Post #1 has been updated to reflect Test Track's closure, which was announced today. Test Track will close on June 17th to prepare for a reimagining -- no word on when it will reopen, but it will likely remain closed through September. See DIS Article for more info.

The "Closures" section of Post #1 has been updated to reflect Test Track's closure, which was announced today. Test Track will close on June 17th to prepare for a reimagining -- no word on when it will reopen, but it will likely remain closed through September. See DIS Article for more info.
Ugh. My kids are going to be so sad. It was raining the last time we were in Epcot and we didn't get to do it.

Ugh. My kids are going to be so sad. It was raining the last time we were in Epcot and we didn't get to do it.

I know! Test Track is always the one that gets forgotten on my family vacations because it either rains or we spring for Ratatouille/Frozen Ever After G+ choices first and Test Track sells out/has a 90 minute wait for the rest of the day. So sad.

We’ll be there! 8/28-9/6 @ VGF 😍

Welcome aboard! Just added you to the roll call!

Heads up that Disney teased the next round of discounts will be released tomorrow, which makes sense considering we already knew the Visa free dining discount is dropping tomorrow. No word yet but the AP and FL resident dates cover the entirety of September:

https://blogmickey.com/2024/04/disney-world-teases-new-summer-discounts/

Gonna need to do math tomorrow to see if 30% off at POFQ would be an insane enough discount to pull me away from the DAKL room I booked at 35% back in Jan...

Gonna need to do math tomorrow to see if 30% off at POFQ would be an insane enough discount to pull me away from the DAKL room I booked at 35% back in Jan...
It's always a crapshoot what resorts get included and at what percentage. I am hoping for the full 35% AP discount for our GF stay pre-cruise but that one CL night at the Poly on debarkation day we'll be lucky to see the 20% they've been offering on CL.

Do you remember...

5d1f3c91-b338-4ead-be60-39354c7ecb6a_text.gif

... If so, welcome to THE OFFICIAL SEPTEMBER 2024 THREAD!

party:

If you're traveling to Walt Disney World Resort this September, you've come to the right thread. Here, you can talk to other September travelers and add yourself to our roll call. You'll also find information as it arises for special events, refurbishments & closures, and more.

Feel free to DM me @Newsies if anything in this post looks out of date or incorrect. Roll Call details will be at the bottom of this post!

Overview

If you've never been to WDW in September, be prepared for the heat! It's still summer, and it'll be hot, with an average high of 89°F and an average low of just 74°F. Summer storms will still impact your afternoon plans, and we'll be smack dab in the middle of high hurricane season -- so prepare for outdoor attractions, including the Skyliner & boat transportation, to see some downtime in your day-to-day park touring. Bring your sunscreen and your ponchos (and a portable phone charger... you never know how long you'll be stuck sitting in the Impressions de France lobby waiting out a storm!)

In spite of all the heat and rain, September has been a tried-and-true DIS Favorite time to visit Walt Disney World Resort for years. Kids are back in school for those precious first few weeks, which (historically) lends itself to lower crowds, especially at the beginning of the month. Fall events -- like Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival -- are just getting started to add some core memories and new experiences to your trip. And of course: pricing for certain weeks is among the lowest of the year, with several room and package discounts active to help Disney fill some rooms. And who knows what else will be in store for us this year? I'm betting that Tiana's Bayou Adventure will finally be open for all of us to enjoy this September.

Special Events

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

This hard ticket event is a must-do if you're traveling to the Parks in September! While MNSSHP has technically not been announced yet, we're all anxiously waiting for the return of this after-hours Magic Kingdom party, which includes trick-or-treating, special character meet & greets, special fireworks & parades, and lower-than-normal wait times for your favorite attractions. For an additional cost, you can also purchase party-exclusive merchandise and snacks throughout the Park.

I'll add the dates and link to purchase tickets once more information becomes available, but I'll also refer you all to the official MNSSHP thread for more information. @monique5 does a great job with these threads every year, so if you have any questions or comments specifically for MNSSHP, you may have better luck getting answers and starting a discussion over here: "Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival

Yet another must-do for September travelers! If you have plans to visit Epcot this Fall, Disney invites you to embark on a culinary exploration across the globe with outdoor kitchens serving small plates, live music from your favorite music artists, festival-exclusive merchandise, and more.

Again, more information on this festival to come soon.

Stay tuned for even more special events as they're announced!

Closures, Refurbishments, and More
THIS SECTION LAST UPDATED 04/05
Major Park Closures:
  • Blizzard Beach Water Park closed for the season on March 16, 2024, with a TBA re-opening date.​
Attraction Refurbishments & Closures:
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios is closed through Summer 2024, with no reopening date announced yet.​
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid at Hollywood Studios is closed through Summer 2024, with no reopening date announced yet.​
  • Country Bear Jamboree at Magic Kingdom is closed for refurbishment and will reopen in Summer 2024 with all-new songs. No reopening date is announced yet.​
  • And, of course... Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom is permanently closed, with the all-new Tiana's Bayou Adventure opening some time this Summer.​
  • Test Track will close on June 17th as part of a re-imagining for the ride. No reopening date is announced yet.​
Hotel Refurbishments & Closures:
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort is constructing a new tower for their DVC property. While this isn't currently impacting hotel operations, you may notice construction between the longhouses and the Grand Floridian Wedding Pavilion. If you're staying in the Aotearoa, Fiji, or Tuvalu longhouses, you may notice this construction more than others.​
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort remains under construction through a multi-year reimagining process. While 1900 Park Fare is opening in April 2024, the Grand Floridian Tea Room remains closed with no reopening date announced. At this time, it's possible you may notice construction in the lobby areas of the resort, though most stores and restaurants (other than the Tea Room) are expected to remain open for now.​
  • BoardWalk Inn remains under construction through a multi-year reimagining process. Neither the Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers or Blue Ribbon Corn Dog stand appear to be opening any time soon, and the Villas are still under construction, so construction will be noticeable to guests for the foreseeable future.​

Roll Call
Let us know when you'll be traveling to WDW and I'll add you to the list below! (Some names/dates stolen from this thread, just let me know if you want me to remove!)
  • 08/28-09/06: momof2halls​
  • 08/30-09/08: KT0191​
  • 08/31-09/07: LadybugsMum​
  • 08/31-09/08: pskelly​
  • 09/01-09/10: bklynblue​
  • 09/01-09/07: TrulyMadlyDisney​
  • 09/03-09/09: hsmamainva​
  • 09/06-09/13: krauh​
  • 09/07-09/15: old feller​
  • 09/08-09/14: adizzle819​
  • 09/08-09/14: Newsies​
  • 09/09-09/14: ThreeKMom​
  • 09/10-09/17: #1Disfann​
  • 09/14-09/21: danasunder​
  • 09/14-09/20: Earningmywings​
  • 09/14-09/19: straightpast​
  • 09/15-09/20: peabody58​
  • 09/18-09/23: kylenne​
  • 09/18-09/23: Mle8308​
  • 09/19-09/28: kanerf​
  • 09/19-09/28: Karlk​
  • 09/20-09/27: pigletgirl​
  • 09/21-09/28: MamaJessie​
  • 09/22-10/03: TCRAIG​
  • 09/24-10/01: CaroM8​
  • 09/26-10/11: AJ1983​
  • 09/26-09/30: PrincessGidget​
  • 09/28-10/03: Coconuts​
  • 09/28-10/05: Karalee402​
  • 09/28-10/01: VAtink​
  • 09/29-10/05: KNovacovschi​
August 30 - September 9 for my family!

Does anyone know how to embed the countdown timers in here?

Last edited:
August 30 - September 9 for my family!

Does anyone know how to embed the countdown timers in here?

Welcome aboard, just added you to the roll call!

I am 100% sure that there is someone who knows more about the countdown timers than I do -- and I hope they can chime in with a different response -- but I am fairly confident that embedding countdown tickers from DIStickers has not worked for several years now. I may be getting it confused with the old tracker where you could keep track of which restaurants at WDW you've eaten at, which I'm 100% certain no longer works. In any case, I'm going to try now following the instructions from DIStickers (I'll link it here) and see how it works:

Husband and I going on our 1st adults only, empty nester, 25th anniversary trip. Made the final decision with the discount offer that came out yesterday. 09/02-09/08. Anxiously awaiting news on Tiana’s opening, RnRC re-opening, and food and wine. I am so out of the loop since my last trip was pre Genie+, but I know the boards will get me back up speed. :flower1:

Last edited:
CL not discounted at all...lol. Well we will bite the bullet for the one night at Poly post-cruise, I mean it's already paid for, but I think that's a one and done. On the bright side our TA saved us $750 on our GF stay pre-cruise and bumped us up to theme park view. I figured GF would be in that 35% tier for APs because it's seen steep discounts all year due to the construction I think.

Added another day to our trip since it was cheaper to fly home Saturday, even with paying for another night at the hotel. Now we are Sept 14-21, we will have our very first mid trip rest day. We have never had a rest day before, I am excited. I know the kids will want to spend all day in the pool, maybe I can talk them into some DS time since we usually just go there for dinner on our arrival day.

Husband and I going on our 1st adults only, empty nester, 25th anniversary trip. Made the final decision with the discount offer that came out yesterday. 09/02-09/08. Anxiously awaiting news on Tiana’s opening, RnRC re-opening, and food and wine. I am so out of the loop since my last trip was pre Genie+, but I know the boards will get me back up speed. :flower1:
:welcome: Just added you to the roll call! I also can't wait to hear about TBA and F&W Festival announcements :) I know Genie+, Lightning Lane, etc. are a bit of a learning curve -- we are here for you for any questions you might have!

CL not discounted at all...lol. Well we will bite the bullet for the one night at Poly post-cruise, I mean it's already paid for, but I think that's a one and done. On the bright side our TA saved us $750 on our GF stay pre-cruise and bumped us up to theme park view. I figured GF would be in that 35% tier for APs because it's seen steep discounts all year due to the construction I think.

Omg, I'm following the drama of no CL discounts on another thread and I'm so sorry :guilty: I know you were looking forward to this one. I'm glad you were able to save some money AND get a better view at the GF, though! That's epic.

You're really going to love your day at the King Kamehameha club. We were given a magical upgrade to CL when we checked in for our second stay at the Poly and we adored it, they had awesome offerings and it was such a great view of the fireworks at the end of the night.

Has anybody heard any rumors on when Food and Wine dates will be announced?

I haven't :( So excited for F&W this year, though!

Added another day to our trip since it was cheaper to fly home Saturday, even with paying for another night at the hotel. Now we are Sept 14-21, we will have our very first mid trip rest day. We have never had a rest day before, I am excited. I know the kids will want to spend all day in the pool, maybe I can talk them into some DS time since we usually just go there for dinner on our arrival day.

Just updated your roll call!! Love a good rest day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter