***Official September 2023 Thread***

Was able to start booking dining about 10min early this morning, which felt so sneaky šŸ¤£

Got Topolinos breakfast for our last day (flight isn't until 830pm). šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³

Garden Grill is showing NOTHING available. Wanted breakfast there, but literally nothing the entire day. I even checked the day before and nothing. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Booked Akerhaus for our EPCOT morning since it was available. My kiddo and I really wanted Chip & Dale, but she's 7 so also feeling like our princess days are numbered and might as well do it now.

Will keep checking though. I always make a dozen or more changes anyways šŸ¤£

Garden Grill is showing NOTHING available. Wanted breakfast there, but literally nothing the entire day. I even checked the day before and nothing
Keep checking for Garden Grill. It has been one of the many restaurants that are releasing their availability later than 60+ days.

Keep checking for Garden Grill. It has been one of the many restaurants that are releasing their availability later than 60+ days.
I saw that on here... so I haven't lost hope yet.
There's always one elusive ADR that keeps us stalking the app until we go šŸ¤£

Got everything I want it thank goodn
Was able to start booking dining about 10min early this morning, which felt so sneaky šŸ¤£

Got Topolinos breakfast for our last day (flight isn't until 830pm). šŸ„³šŸ„³šŸ„³

dude I started 30 minutes earlier and tried about every five or 10 minutes until the scheduled opening time but no luck being sneaky lol I wonder why some are able to do thatā€¦.I even tried different restaurants

well, even so I was able to start at 6 AM and get everything I wantā€¦ā€¦.. The hardest one was space 220 lounge, trying to get a table for three and two around the same timeā€¦.. at first, I wasnā€™t able to do it and now looking back I was so sleepy Iā€™m not sure how I ended up finding similar times lol I think I may have originally saw the time I was going for not have 2 similar timesā€¦. then I noticed around 2 oā€™clock there was I had my computer going with my iPad at the same time trying to book them made it a little difficult when youā€™re trying to still wake up lol

also got Round up rodeo barbecue for 13 doing three different reservations
Scifi Dine
Akershus
Tusker house for 10 with two different reservations
Liberty tree for 13 with 2 reservations

we have a big group for a few days of my trip and they would not get back with me if they want to do dining with us. I may end up canceling some of these reservations. Luckily if I looked at it, right theyā€™re all two hour cancellation policies.

it took me a good while to figure out how to get the reservations for such a large group
at first I was just clicking on lunch / dinner, and nothing was coming up, even when I split them up no similar times , then I realized I could just click on individual times and I could find things a lot easier that way, so that is my biggest tip

even after I had spent probably a good half an hour or so getting all these reservations I was able to go in and change them to more similar times that I wanted by just clicking on the individual times instead of lunch or dinner

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to join you all in this thread. Weā€™ll be staying at SSR Sep 22-25 and attending a MNSSHP.

This is a toe-dip trip back into WDW for us. Itā€™s been 9 years since we last were there, and weā€™re excited for all the changes and new things to try! Trying a little trip for some highlights before planning anything longer.

We are going to two parks, DHS and MK. Saturday is our DHS day, with the party Sunday.

• Friday: For arrival night, I snagged T-REX. Have never been and weā€™re all rewatching Parks and Rec right now. I couldnā€™t pass up the opportunity for my kiddo to have an experience like the showā€™s dino restaurant, Jurassic Fork!
  • Saturday: My husbandā€™s bday is coming up in October, and heā€™s a big Star Wars fan. Weā€™ll be aiming to ride all the Star Wars rides Saturday and I was able to get droid building and light saber building reservations for him and my son.
    We also got an Ogaā€™s Cantina res. for early afternoon. After a break, weā€™ll be back in DHS for more rides and dinner at Hollywood and Vine that night. I want to fit in a ride on Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway and hit the Toy Story rides as well. My DS is 11 and still not thrilled with rollercoasters, but Slinky Dog is too cute to pass up, right? Also, I want to see if he'll try out ToT.
  • Sunday: The next day, weā€™ll start lazily at our resort and probably stay there for breakfast/lunch and some pool time. Then, to the MNSSHP. First party at MK, so not planning a dessert experience. Just want to take it all in with my family.
  • Monday: Nothing scheduled for our departure day. Weā€™ll probably grab breakfast at the resort and maybe dip into the pool one more time before heading to the airport.

Excited to countdown with everyone!

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to join you all in this thread. Weā€™ll be staying at SSR Sep 22-25 and attending a MNSSHP.

This is a toe-dip trip back into WDW for us. Itā€™s been 9 years since we last were there, and weā€™re excited for all the changes and new things to try! Trying a little trip for some highlights before planning anything longer.

We are going to two parks, DHS and MK. Saturday is our DHS day, with the party Sunday.

• Friday: For arrival night, I snagged T-REX. Have never been and weā€™re all rewatching Parks and Rec right now. I couldnā€™t pass up the opportunity for my kiddo to have an experience like the showā€™s dino restaurant, Jurassic Fork!
  • Saturday: My husbandā€™s bday is coming up in October, and heā€™s a big Star Wars fan. Weā€™ll be aiming to ride all the Star Wars rides Saturday and I was able to get droid building and light saber building reservations for him and my son.
    We also got an Ogaā€™s Cantina res. for early afternoon. After a break, weā€™ll be back in DHS for more rides and dinner at Hollywood and Vine that night. I want to fit in a ride on Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway and hit the Toy Story rides as well. My DS is 11 and still not thrilled with rollercoasters, but Slinky Dog is too cute to pass up, right? Also, I want to see if he'll try out ToT.
  • Sunday: The next day, weā€™ll start lazily at our resort and probably stay there for breakfast/lunch and some pool time. Then, to the MNSSHP. First party at MK, so not planning a dessert experience. Just want to take it all in with my family.
  • Monday: Nothing scheduled for our departure day. Weā€™ll probably grab breakfast at the resort and maybe dip into the pool one more time before heading to the airport.

Excited to countdown with everyone!
Sounds like a fun weekend!!!
I think if your DS likes Toy Story or is willing to try a milder coaster, Slinky or Mine Train in MK would be perfect ones to dip his toes in :)

Just to mention (for anyone going during hot weather) if Slinky is going to be a priority, consider aiming to do it earlier in the day than later. We were there late June/early July and three days of trying we couldn't ride (up and down all day and when we circled back and would wait in line, it would go down again - we did a lot of hopping during our 5-day visit lol)

Seems it's been suffering a lot of downtime. I'd ridden it before but my travel party had not and they were disappointed. We spoke to the CM when we were evacuating the ride who said the ride is not built to withstand FL outdoor weather which impacts its operation (apparently the designers - from Germany she said - developed it as an indoor attraction?). Looking at the queue since it was built, I always wondered about that...I always thought whoever designed Toy Story Land doesn't "get" FL weather lol.

Sounds like a fun weekend!!!
I think if your DS likes Toy Story or is willing to try a milder coaster, Slinky or Mine Train in MK would be perfect ones to dip his toes in :)

Just to mention (for anyone going during hot weather) if Slinky is going to be a priority, consider aiming to do it earlier in the day than later. We were there late June/early July and three days of trying we couldn't ride (up and down all day and when we circled back and would wait in line, it would go down again - we did a lot of hopping during our 5-day visit lol)

Seems it's been suffering a lot of downtime. I'd ridden it before but my travel party had not and they were disappointed. We spoke to the CM when we were evacuating the ride who said the ride is not built to withstand FL outdoor weather which impacts its operation (apparently the designers - from Germany she said - developed it as an indoor attraction?). Looking at the queue since it was built, I always wondered about that...I always thought whoever designed Toy Story Land doesn't "get" FL weather lol.

Thank you! These are great suggestions and tips. We'll try for Slinky early in the day, for sure. What a shame it's not handling the heat well. I can't blame it, though, I am the same šŸ„µ

We'll be there from 9/21 to 9/26 celebrating Heather's 50th birthday!!! Staying at Music. Have ADR's for Mama Melrose (F! dinner package), The Boathouse, GF Cafe, Ohana and Via Napoli. We also have tickets for MNSSHP for 9/24 her 50th birthday!!!

Got all of the ADRs we wantedā€¦. Except for The Boathouse. But, plenty of time. Iā€™m sure one will pop up. I think I can reserve it through Open Table too, which is what I might just end up doing. I did get Ogaā€™s and Saviā€™s workshop for my husband. He is super excited!

Got all of the ADRs we wantedā€¦. Except for The Boathouse. But, plenty of time. Iā€™m sure one will pop up. I think I can reserve it through Open Table too, which is what I might just end up doing. I did get Ogaā€™s and Saviā€™s workshop for my husband. He is super excited!

We used Open Table to book Boathouse for our upcoming trip, saves on having to worry about it.

We are in for sept 2 thru 9. Owk.
DD has to remote work thru the day. So I am solo for the days.
I might hit up universal Tuesday or a Thursday as I have a annual pass over there.
And Friday we will go to the party.
Sunday I got her a ticket so we can go hit up the parks, she has a Florida ticket and that is a blacked out date.
Hoping not to melt. I only did one dining ressie. Just to get out of the heat. The rest will be walk ups. Saturdays will be water parks for us.

It hasn't even hit me yet. We used to go every year, but the last time my wife and I went was in September of 2017, 2 years before our daughter was born. Now our daughter is 4 and we get to bring her to Disney World for the first time. Next month. It's madness!
So exciting! I feel like thatā€™s always how a lot of my trips were, we would go quite a bit and then stopped for a few years or so because we added another kid to the mix lol

I just stumbled upon these boards. Iā€™ve been missing out! Iā€™m going Sep 10-15 and staying at AKLā€¦.going to MNSSHP on Sep 10.

Booked my stay waaay back in January so this has been the longest wait ever. Canā€™t believe itā€™s next month. Iā€™m meeting my adult sons and their partners. First time weā€™ve all been together since pre-covid and first time since 2010 that Iā€™ve been back with my boys. Iā€™m just beside myself with excitement!

I just stumbled upon these boards. Iā€™ve been missing out! Iā€™m going Sep 10-15 and staying at AKLā€¦.going to MNSSHP on Sep 10.

Booked my stay waaay back in January so this has been the longest wait ever. Canā€™t believe itā€™s next month. Iā€™m meeting my adult sons and their partners. First time weā€™ve all been together since pre-covid and first time since 2010 that Iā€™ve been back with my boys. Iā€™m just beside myself with excitement!
We are also staying at AKL Sept 7-12 and going to MNSSHP on the 10th! šŸ‘‹šŸ» 5 weeks away! Just going to be me and my friend celebrating my 50th!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter