***Official September 2022 Thread***

2 more days! I guess I should start packing lol

This will be our shortest trip at just three nights but our first time doing only carry on. My only real worry about carry on only is not being able to take the last of the H2O products back home 😂

Thank you for the reassurance! I am just a worry wart!
Believe me so am I. I'm as vaxxed as I can be based on age and what was available and unless I'm in a known safe situation I mask. I was much more concerned about risk in January with how bad things had just been and even ate indoors more back then and I was fine. Truly if I had to point to a situation where I got it, it probably wasn't dining, but not masking on busses or in more tight locations. Just take precautions and you'll have a great trip.

Even as someone whose family got it, I feel confident it was from indoor dining where we spent hours indoors with no masks and it sounds like you’re mitigating your risk really well. We have been extremely cautious for the past 2+ years and even I wouldn’t tell you to cancel. A mild case was worth it.
I have to agree about the mild case being worth it. I have wanted this trip forever and I spent a very long time during the pandemic locked up and terrified by my anxiety. Am I thrilled about catching it, no. But I still had a great trip and I am thankful that I do have enough immunity from my vaccines that this was a mild cold for a few days.

That feeling when you've got epcot reserved for the day so for fun you try for a GOTG VQ in the car to the airport ... and get boarding group 13! Doh! We totally got called at 8:10 and are sitting in the terminal at Logan in Boston! Lol

Florida here we come!!

Haha oh no!! I just discovered my time estimate moved up by 2.5 hours as well. I might be riding back to back with my LL!

Don’t care because it is the BEST.RIDE.EVER.

Three more days! My counter in here stopped working. We have a white board at home and I'm Xing off the days so we have a visual every time we go into the kitchen. I'm going to the store today to buy a meal or two I can access real quick for when we get back, because usually I'm so exhausted I don't leave the house for a few days...LOL! I'm going to pack my last outfits tomorrow for a check to make sure everything fits in my suitcase. Every thing else is already in there. Then I'll weigh it to make sure its not over. Right now we have no hot water as we are installing a new heating system. We were told it should be up and running by Saturday. Fingers crossed, otherwise we will be going elsewhere to take showers. I've got to call my friend to alert him that I may need his bathroom. All the loose ends are coming to a close. I'm still curious what folks are doing at night if it's downpouring? Anyone there now experiencing this?

I will admit, I am getting extremely anxious hearing about this many DIS-ers getting covid.
If it helps anecdotally, my family of five (including two five year olds who still touch everything including their faces) was there last week and we did not get any viruses, let alone COVID! Here's what we did:

* Rope dropping: Avoiding heat and crowds just gives so many benefits

* Hand sanitizer: We used it after every ride

* Masking in a very crowded indoor areas: There was only one example of this. Three of us wore a mask during the indoor line and pre-show for MMRR because it was crowded but the other two didn't because they left their in the stroller. I can't remember if we masked during a Friendship Boat ride.

* Indoor dining in spacious restaurants: It was undoubtedly a luxury to eat at Be Our Guest and Mama Melrose's.

We did not get sick. I'm sorry to hear so many have, but it's not guaranteed to happen. More people will tell you if they did get sick than if they didn't, so it skews to sound like everyone is getting sick.
Agreed. We got back last Saturday and neither of us got sick. I will say I have done a record (for me) 4 trips to WDW this year, Feb, May, Aug and Sep and nobody in my travel party has gotten sick there on any of those trips. Hope this helps calm nerves a bit.

Agreed. We got back last Saturday and neither of us got sick. I will say I have done a record (for me) 4 trips to WDW this year, Feb, May, Aug and Sep and nobody in my travel party has gotten sick there on any of those trips. Hope this helps calm nerves a bit.
Thank you! Yes, just the group reassurance helped to calm my nerves!

If it helps anecdotally, my family of five (including two five year olds who still touch everything including their faces) was there last week and we did not get any viruses, let alone COVID! Here's what we did:

* Rope dropping: Avoiding heat and crowds just gives so many benefits

* Hand sanitizer: We used it after every ride

* Masking in a very crowded indoor areas: There was only one example of this. Three of us wore a mask during the indoor line and pre-show for MMRR because it was crowded but the other two didn't because they left their in the stroller. I can't remember if we masked during a Friendship Boat ride.

* Indoor dining in spacious restaurants: It was undoubtedly a luxury to eat at Be Our Guest and Mama Melrose's.
This is our plan as well so I think we will be good! Thank you!

My only real worry about carry on only is not being able to take the last of the H2O products back home 😂
I guess you could check your bag on the way back. It's not as inconvenient to lose your luggage on your way home from vacation.
That feeling when you've got epcot reserved for the day so for fun you try for a GOTG VQ in the car to the airport ... and get boarding group 13! Doh! We totally got called at 8:10 and are sitting in the terminal at Logan in Boston! Lol
Don't worry, you can be late for your VQ ride, as long as you are in the queue for the day! Ours moved up on our arrival day, too. We rode it 3-4 hours late and they let us go in with no problem. Have fun!

Don't worry, you can be late for your VQ ride, as long as you are in the queue for the day! Ours moved up on our arrival day, too. We rode it 3-4 hours late and they let us go in with no problem. Have fun!

Oh man I didn't know that!! I got the ILL and joined and by the time my group got called I had left the park for a break and I didn't go back till closer to my dinner time and the app said it was too late. I needed that break cause my dogs were tired! Its funny though, after that day in Epcot it seemed like my feet didn't feel awful anymore. Maybe the Epsom salt bath at night really was the key. Heaven knows in January each morning when I got up I felt like my legs, ankles, and feet were going to completely cripple me.

Florida here we come!!
you can cancel it and try again.... that's what we did and got a later time.

you can cancel it and try again.... that's what we did and got a later time.
I waffled on that over and over since I wasn't sure what would happen... and then it was 7:01 and I was like "now it's too late and I can't chance it!"

The app will tell you it is too late, but the CMs will let you through anyway. I suppose it's because they know that you have absolutely no control over your return time, and they'd have even more frustrated people to deal with at guest relations. Cancelling a VQ is risky on a busy day. I suppose you could cancel and then try again at the 1:00 VQ, but why do that when your entry is good anytime after your group is called?

Anyone in the parks right now please be safe! My friend that lives down there is at concert and has to shelter in place because of tornadoes in the area.

Anyone in the parks right now please be safe! My friend that lives down there is at concert and has to shelter in place because of tornadoes in the area.
Well I’m glad I didn’t know that when I was still out and about!! I hid from the storm for awhile while waiting to see if Remy’s came back up (We got walked off the ride when it went down) and by the time I was done the ride, the rain was much lighter but there was so much lightening!

Last week the. weather was pretty scary looking at times. We left the parks to shelter at the hotel.

I guess you could check your bag on the way back. It's not as inconvenient to lose your luggage on your way home from vacation.
That’s a great point. I like the idea of saving time not waiting at luggage claim but that’s more so for the way there, I wouldn’t mind waiting on the way back for the sake of the H20 products -plus free checked bags with SW! Thanks for the idea!

Checked into our flight this morning and we seem to have made it through the week without catching the virus from my mom. My dad was supposed to drive us to the airport tomorrow morning, it’s a short 10-15 min drive, but I think I’m gonna just get an Uber and not chance it. Just hope they are readily available at 4:45 am.

Last edited:
Well I’m glad I didn’t know that when I was still out and about!! I hid from the storm for awhile while waiting to see if Remy’s came back up (We got walked off the ride when it went down) and by the time I was done the ride, the rain was much lighter but there was so much lightening!
I actually saw pictures and videos posted online of the ball and there was a funnel cloud behind it. It didn't exactly make it to the ground it looked like, but it had rotation. Could have been very dangerous.

I like hurricanes, but tornadoes are not my thing.

Apparently Biden is coming to Orlando on the 27th. I get in on that same day… any idea if that will significantly affect getting on property/off the plane?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter