***Official September 2022 Thread***

Providing I don’t have it right now, which I’ll be honest, as mild as this seems, I’m not even sure it’s a cold, that’s my first order of business when I get home. I don’t know the guidance for waiting on the new shot after you have it. Mostly I feel like my sinuses have gotten very irritated from the heat and humidity and then into the extreme AC and then back over and over. And of course of all the things I forgot to pack, my saline nasal spray is at home. I usually like to do that when I’m being exposed to a lot of outdoor irritants.
I packed my allergy meds just in case I become symptomatic due to all the changes. My doc recommended I wait 6 mos. after having covid to get the booster. I'll be over that amount of time on my trip. She said my own immune system would have enough antibodies to offer me protection through the summer. But I would check with your doc to be safe.

Jet Blue just changed one of our seat assignments from an isle to a middle, not a good change. The one person we added to our trip is flying for the first time and we didn't have enough family to have her sit with one of us, so my grandson offered to give up his family seat and sit with strangers. He is not going to be happy about a middle seat, that by the way cost $ 68.00 to get. Ugh!

I knew it was likely since we decided to eat indoors, so at least I’m not shocked. And honestly I’m glad we only started to feel bad on our travel day. I had been worried we’d spend half the trip miserable in the hotel so of all the outcomes, this one is ok. So far I’d still say it was worth it!
@Neverbeast So sorry to hear you are all positive and hope it passes soon and stays mild and the kiddos can get back to soon quickly!

This happened to us in June (I came down with hard symptoms literally as we were driving to go home, I'm not sure we even were out of Orlando at the time it came on so fast - DH got it the next day). I'm pretty sure we were exposed in the Nemo show (visible coughing behind and in front of us and I'd left the masks in another bag). For this Sept trip, we made sure we wore masks in the shows and a few of the queues...I had canceled all our dining for time purposes but did grab one ADR on the fly at the Plaza.

I'm not sure if we can get covid again so soon or not but figured it couldn't hurt to mask up. Came home last night and so far, so good.

I only came across close contact with person on our trip that was visibly exhibiting Covid-like symptoms (we know now what that looks like since our June experience) and that was in Rise, so we skipped ahead when able (don't want to spoil for those who haven't done Rise yet) to make sure we avoided the same areas as her.

Afternoon rains were a beast, but we did OK skirting around them. It is HOT though. Wait times were fantastic, never experienced them so low! It was amazing seeing the Lion King show back in full swing and lots of other stuff returned that we missed in June. MNSSHP was even better than it was in 2019 despite some things missing (lower crowds for this sold-out party for sure - we didn't focus on rides for the party, but at one point 7DMT was a 5-minute wait!)

Hope everyone going in September has an amazing time!! I look forward to reading all about them :)

@Dentam, so glad to hear your dad is doing better, and hope he continues to have a steady recovery.

@karen4546 how's your DH doing?

Sorry to hear about the illnesses. Not sure if y’all remember me mentioning being sick a couple weeks ago but it actually turned out I had Covid then. Still a bit congested actually, so hopefully that clears up by Saturday when we leave. I guess the only good thing is I’ll not come down with it during the trip! 😕 My main tip is to stock up on expectorant! I will spare you the details beyond that…
I still haven’t gotten much packing done, but we did get our magic bands in the mail. I need to pull them out and charge them when DD isn’t around as I plan to surprise her with it. These are our very first magic bands so I’m probably even more excited than is normal. 😆
Looks like wait times moved up a bit yesterday and today, but I’m trying to focus on the fact that park pass reservations aren’t sold out next week so hopefully we’ll still experience better than average crowd levels. 🤞

Last edited:

Has anyone that has already gone this month stayed at YC/BC? I was wondering how early the boats to HS start running. My father in law is having some A Fib issues so I was hoping to get him on boat early enough for EE rope drop at HS.

I still haven’t gotten much packing done, but we did get our magic bands in the mail. I need to pull them out and charge them when DD isn’t around as I plan to surprise her with it. These are our very first magic bands so I’m probably even more excited than is normal. 😆
We had magic bands (just the regular ones) and I was surprised to see not that many other people wearing them. I saw a lot of people fiddling with their phones at the tapstiles and we went around a lot of them. MB is just so easy! I know some folks use smartwatches instead, but we don't have those.
If you have an iphone, there is a shortcut to get to your wallet/tickets. I have an older phone with a home button, so I just double click the home button while the phone is locked, and my tickets pop up on the screen. Not sure how it would work with face recognition models. I discovered it by accident.

Sorry to hear about the illnesses. Not sure if y’all remember me mentioning being sick a couple weeks ago but it actually turned out I had Covid then. Still a bit congested actually, so hopefully that clears up by Saturday when we leave. I guess the only good thing is I’ll not come down with it during the trip! 😕 My main tip is to stock up on expectorant! I will spare you the details beyond that…
Looks like wait times moved up a bit yesterday and today, but I’m trying to focus on the fact that park pass reservations aren’t sold out next week so hopefully we’ll still experience better than average crowd levels. 🤞
Had a very similar experience with Covid about three weeks ago - expectorant was my best friend! It's taken me SUCH a long time to feel back to normal, as well, but like you, I'm just choosing to look at the silver lining of being pretty safe while we're in the parks. Hope you're feeling back to 100% by the time you leave! I've seen the wait times tick back up again the past two days, but still much better than over the summer, so fingers crossed!!

I packed my allergy meds just in case I become symptomatic due to all the changes. My doc recommended I wait 6 mos. after having covid to get the booster. I'll be over that amount of time on my trip. She said my own immune system would have enough antibodies to offer me protection through the summer. But I would check with your doc to be safe.

I have a walking pharmacy that I take with me on every trip. I try and carry everything under the sun lol. So I took some allergy meds when my throat got scratchy and then some decongestant when my nose started. I called for a telephone appointment with my doctor today and she agrees not to go for the booster for a while. She said a minimum of 8 weeks because I have antibodies for the variants out there. I actually still had from my first doses and booster from last year in July when she ran my regular bloodwork she checked my antibody levels at that time. I figure I can stretch it out for a few months, but I probably will try and have one a few weeks before Christmas. I know I'll be around people so better safe than sorry by then. She also suggested something called Quercetin to add in with my vitamins. It helps get your immune system back up.

So sorry to hear of all the illness! I myself actually came down with covid a week ago and am finally feeling somewhat normal. My two boys so far have not developed any symptoms. We leave next Friday, so I’m hoping we stay healthy in the meantime. I’d never had covid before, but at least I have additional immunity going to the parks soon. Feel better, all!

So sorry to hear of all the illness! I myself actually came down with covid a week ago and am finally feeling somewhat normal. My two boys so far have not developed any symptoms. We leave next Friday, so I’m hoping we stay healthy in the meantime. I’d never had covid before, but at least I have additional immunity going to the parks soon. Feel better, all!

Glad to hear you're feeling better. It's my first round also. I'm just glad its both mild and that I wasn't around my family.

Ok so we Arrived on Monday 9/5 at CSR and left there and checked into Pop Century on Sunday 9/11. On Monday 9/12 I started not feeling well...runny nose congestion , and headache I thought maybe Sinus infection but no....last night I tested positive for Covid! We are supposed to be leaving later today.

Just cancelled our late September trip. Too much covid being reported from travelers and heat and rain not worth the dollars to be spent. Will go another time of the year.

Just cancelled our late September trip. Too much covid being reported from travelers and heat and rain not worth the dollars to be spent. Will go another time of the year.
I will admit, I am getting extremely anxious hearing about this many DIS-ers getting covid.

We did not get sick. I'm sorry to hear so many have, but it's not guaranteed to happen. More people will tell you if they did get sick than if they didn't, so it skews to sound like everyone is getting sick.
Thank you for the reminder, I need it! We just got the new bivalent booster last week, so with diligent masking I am hoping we will be fine. Planning to mask on plane, and indoors at WDW. Then avoiding indoor dining as well so we should be good, but I can't help but worry!

Ok so we Arrived on Monday 9/5 at CSR and left there and checked into Pop Century on Sunday 9/11. On Monday 9/12 I started not feeling well...runny nose congestion , and headache I thought maybe Sinus infection but no....last night I tested positive for Covid! We are supposed to be leaving later today.
Sorry you caught the bug too Dolphin. It stinks for sure to catch in the happy place.

Thank you for the reminder, I need it! We just got the new bivalent booster last week, so with diligent masking I am hoping we will be fine. Planning to mask on plane, and indoors at WDW. Then avoiding indoor dining as well so we should be good, but I can't help but worry!
If you're good with masks and you got your booster already you should be just fine. I wouldn't worry. Unfortunately my window between when it was available and my trip just wasn't going to be possible. I went in January on the heels of the big omicron wave and I was totally fine then. Masking definitely helps. Unfortunately with there being no requirement down there and the heat, there's almost no one with one on. I'm guilty of not being able to handle wearing one in the heat myself, hence my catching it. I did wear on the plane though.

If you're good with masks and you got your booster already you should be just fine. I wouldn't worry. Unfortunately my window between when it was available and my trip just wasn't going to be possible. I went in January on the heels of the big omicron wave and I was totally fine then. Masking definitely helps. Unfortunately with there being no requirement down there and the heat, there's almost no one with one on. I'm guilty of not being able to handle wearing one in the heat myself, hence my catching it. I did wear on the plane though.
Thank you for the reassurance! I am just a worry wart!

I have a walking pharmacy that I take with me on every trip. I try and carry everything under the sun lol. So I took some allergy meds when my throat got scratchy and then some decongestant when my nose started. I called for a telephone appointment with my doctor today and she agrees not to go for the booster for a while. She said a minimum of 8 weeks because I have antibodies for the variants out there. I actually still had from my first doses and booster from last year in July when she ran my regular bloodwork she checked my antibody levels at that time. I figure I can stretch it out for a few months, but I probably will try and have one a few weeks before Christmas. I know I'll be around people so better safe than sorry by then. She also suggested something called Quercetin to add in with my vitamins. It helps get your immune system back up.
I'm taking a bunch of vitamins daily and hoping this boosts my immune system. I'll get the shot when I get back as soon as it comes available at my local pharmacy. Fingers crossed I don't come back sick. When I was there last Christmas I got wicked sick on the last day of vacation. I thought my head would explode the headache was so bad, fluids exiting at all ends! When I got home I tested and it wasn't covid, so I'm thinking it was a flu. I did wear a mask the whole time, so obviously it didn't help. Hoping for a great trip!

Try not to worry, you'll either be fine or not. Even when I did have covid in the spring, I wasn't really very sick. I mostly had a cough that took 3 weeks to go away. I didn't really feel sick. I did bring masks just in case I get sick.

We did not get sick. I'm sorry to hear so many have, but it's not guaranteed to happen. More people will tell you if they did get sick than if they didn't, so it skews to sound like everyone is getting sick.
Even as someone whose family got it, I feel confident it was from indoor dining where we spent hours indoors with no masks and it sounds like you’re mitigating your risk really well. We have been extremely cautious for the past 2+ years and even I wouldn’t tell you to cancel. A mild case was worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter