***Official September 2022 Thread***

Agree with @leigh H- we had some really nice CM interactions around it and felt like there were lots of stops… this was my kids first year caring about it so idk if it’s worse than before but they had a blast. They did trade with other kids in lines too which was fun.
Good to hear, thank you. Our whole family pin trade. We looked at all our pins this weekend and traded with each other...LOL! It's just another element of fun!

This is the "getting serious about packing" week. We leave next Sunday! I went through my suitcase, took everything out and organized it by what I'm going to need on first night, like PJ's and swim suits on top. We won't arrive till around 8 p.m. I'd like to do a quick swim and cruise the food court. We are all so excited, we may not sleep well all week! And yes, I keep going over my list again and again because I always think of something else I want to bring along. My daughter is doing her DIY on everyone's headbands, we all get a cool design based on our favorites. I started getting a cough a few days ago! Hit Zicam and vitamins and it went away in two days....so close to being a nightmare. Anyway, everyone is healthy and we are all super excited! We have been trying to do rain planning. What to wear on our feet if we get afternoon downpours. It's been challenging. Waiting to hear from those of you who are there, how the rain's been and how it's affected your days?

Reactions: rlk
Has it been raining in the afternoons everyday so far? And how long does the rain last when it rains? Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Yes pretty much. Although today stayed mostly dry. Just a couple sprinkles, but it’s made the party crazy hot. I don’t know how people in costumes are managing. And the lines for characters are nuts. Contrary to what I read, they are not starting anyone early except Jack and sally.

Yesterday was practically a monsoon during my mid day break. I went into the pool for a bit after HS. I left the pool, walked to my building which was right next to it and took the elevator up to my floor. By the time I did that a drizzle had started. When I was in my room for a bit I heard the lifeguards order the pools closed. After that…. Woah! It did stop way before fireworks. And most other days haven’t been a washout.

I just checked in for my flight home. Going to have a late morning, bring my bags to bell services, come into the park for lunch and then head back. It’s just too hot to wander around and then take a flight.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. This is definitely one of our concerns. I hope you all continue to feel OK and test negative soon!
I knew it was likely since we decided to eat indoors, so at least I’m not shocked. And honestly I’m glad we only started to feel bad on our travel day. I had been worried we’d spend half the trip miserable in the hotel so of all the outcomes, this one is ok. So far I’d still say it was worth it!

Just wanted to post a short update that my dad is out of the hospital and recovering at home. He's still very tired and will be having some follow up bloodwork done at his regular doctor's this week. Covid hit him hard - still not sure where he got it but likely on the flight to Orlando or before that.

Stay safe, everyone!

Just wanted to post a short update that my dad is out of the hospital and recovering at home. He's still very tired and will be having some follow up bloodwork done at his regular doctor's this week. Covid hit him hard - still not sure where he got it but likely on the flight to Orlando or before that.

Stay safe, everyone!
Happy to hear this update.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. This is definitely one of our concerns. I hope you all continue to feel OK and test negative soon!
Wicked bummer, @Neverbeast ! We're hoping Covid isn't a souvenir for us either, esp since we've managed to avoid it still, based on our at home tests. Hubs and I just got the newly approved bivalent booster on Friday (plus a flu shot, yay!) and my son gets his tonight. I wish we could have been a little further out from the trip since we fly Thurs and the best effectiveness is 1-2 weeks after the booster, but still, I figure it gives us another tool in the ol toolkit. We've got our K95 masks for the plane and sanitizer and wipes... here's to hoping!

My suitcase is mostly packed and I'm trying to get the rest of the family as close to ready as possible. We leave the house Wednesday after lunch... tick tick tick tick tick...

I'm still trying to figure out if my husband needs his own MDE account so one kid can hook their MB+ to his phone while the other is on mine so they can both do the Bounty Hunter thing. I want his help with occasional LL and ILL, but I don't want to screw anything up with days to go. But I also don't want the kids fighting about having to share the game- the suck at sharing. Anyone know for sure if you need a unique MDE account for each MB+ for the games?

Arrived home tonight and we all have covid 🥺 luckily no one feels terrible but stay safe out there Sept crew! My kids have mixed feelings about missing a second week of school in a row…
Oh no! Not the souvenir anyone wants to pick up. I hope you all recover quickly!

I'm super concerned about getting it since we've avoided it for 2.5 years. Did you mask indoors other than dining? We are hoping to avoid indoor dining almost entirely. I was debating doing 1 or 2 TS at the tail end of the trip in case we do catch something it won't ruin the whole trip.

Arrived home tonight and we all have covid 🥺 luckily no one feels terrible but stay safe out there Sept crew! My kids have mixed feelings about missing a second week of school in a row…

Sorry to hear this! Honestly I’m afraid I have it myself. I brought tests with me and tested negative, but I definitely had a sore throat and a bit of congestion. I’m skipping my last park day and my crystal palace lunch and just staying at the hotel till it’s time to head to the airport. I didn’t need the day as it turns out since I got everything done and it’s so hot I’m not at all bummed about staying cooler.

Our flight is Saturday and things have been so stressful I can’t even be excited.

My husband finally got over the food poisoning he was fighting for the past week and now my parents who we live with just got home last night from their trip to the Dominican Republic and my mom tested positive.

We will be staying away and loading up on vitamin c all week but ugh, just when I thought we were in the clear!

Send positive vibes my way please!!!

Yes pretty much. Although today stayed mostly dry. Just a couple sprinkles, but it’s made the party crazy hot. I don’t know how people in costumes are managing. And the lines for characters are nuts. Contrary to what I read, they are not starting anyone early except Jack and sally.

Yesterday was practically a monsoon during my mid day break. I went into the pool for a bit after HS. I left the pool, walked to my building which was right next to it and took the elevator up to my floor. By the time I did that a drizzle had started. When I was in my room for a bit I heard the lifeguards order the pools closed. After that…. Woah! It did stop way before fireworks. And most other days haven’t been a washout.

I just checked in for my flight home. Going to have a late morning, bring my bags to bell services, come into the park for lunch and then head back. It’s just too hot to wander around and then take a flight.
Thanks for the reply. It doesn't seem that the rain has ruined anyone's trip. Safe travels home!

I've been worried about that but not able to get a booster before I go. The latest vaccine has not been distributed locally yet.:( I did have covid this spring and my doctor said I would be okay until fall. I hope you all are doing fine and had a great trip nonethless.

I've been worried about that but not able to get a booster before I go. The latest vaccine has not been distributed locally yet.:( I did have covid this spring and my doctor said I would be okay until fall. I hope you all are doing fine and had a great trip nonethless.

Providing I don’t have it right now, which I’ll be honest, as mild as this seems, I’m not even sure it’s a cold, that’s my first order of business when I get home. I don’t know the guidance for waiting on the new shot after you have it. Mostly I feel like my sinuses have gotten very irritated from the heat and humidity and then into the extreme AC and then back over and over. And of course of all the things I forgot to pack, my saline nasal spray is at home. I usually like to do that when I’m being exposed to a lot of outdoor irritants.

Wicked bummer, @Neverbeast ! We're hoping Covid isn't a souvenir for us either, esp since we've managed to avoid it still, based on our at home tests. Hubs and I just got the newly approved bivalent booster on Friday (plus a flu shot, yay!) and my son gets his tonight. I wish we could have been a little further out from the trip since we fly Thurs and the best effectiveness is 1-2 weeks after the booster, but still, I figure it gives us another tool in the ol toolkit. We've got our K95 masks for the plane and sanitizer and wipes... here's to hoping!

My suitcase is mostly packed and I'm trying to get the rest of the family as close to ready as possible. We leave the house Wednesday after lunch... tick tick tick tick tick...

I'm still trying to figure out if my husband needs his own MDE account so one kid can hook their MB+ to his phone while the other is on mine so they can both do the Bounty Hunter thing. I want his help with occasional LL and ILL, but I don't want to screw anything up with days to go. But I also don't want the kids fighting about having to share the game- the suck at sharing. Anyone know for sure if you need a unique MDE account for each MB+ for the games?
It seemed like there was a way for the play Disney app to have multiple player profiles? But we couldn’t figure it out on the fly. Try there first since that’s where the bounty hunter and statues games are.
Oh no! Not the souvenir anyone wants to pick up. I hope you all recover quickly!

I'm super concerned about getting it since we've avoided it for 2.5 years. Did you mask indoors other than dining? We are hoping to avoid indoor dining almost entirely. I was debating doing 1 or 2 TS at the tail end of the trip in case we do catch something it won't ruin the whole trip.
We did sometimes on indoor lines that felt congested but since we mostly did lightning lanes or outside stuff it was just indoor dining where we had longer exposures.
Sorry to hear this! Honestly I’m afraid I have it myself. I brought tests with me and tested negative, but I definitely had a sore throat and a bit of congestion. I’m skipping my last park day and my crystal palace lunch and just staying at the hotel till it’s time to head to the airport. I didn’t need the day as it turns out since I got everything done and it’s so hot I’m not at all bummed about staying cooler.
I hope you feel better soon and it’s just a sinus thing!

I hope you feel better soon and it’s just a sinus thing!
Welp, I picked up the same souvenir. Be careful out there September group. I brought home tests with me and tested Saturday and came up negative, but as soon as I got home tonight, the line was right there. Other than nasal congestion and a cough I have no other symptoms. I hope it stays this way. Sigh. I had a good long run there.

Welp, I picked up the same souvenir. Be careful out there September group. I brought home tests with me and tested Saturday and came up negative, but as soon as I got home tonight, the line was right there. Other than nasal congestion and a cough I have no other symptoms. I hope it stays this way. Sigh. I had a good long run there.
We just got home last night from a wonderful 10 night stay. If anyone has any questions, I will try my best to answer them.
By the way, my hubby is sick in bed right now. Cold like symptoms. Did a covid test, negative so far. There were a lot of coughing people around us throughout the week. Hard to avoid them. If you are worried I would wear a mask and wash hands frequently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter