***Official September 2022 Thread***

Our trip is finally arriving. Off to Georgia today and then leaving early Sunday morning to began our Disney adventure. Looks like a rainy week but keeping my fingers and toes crossed, especially for Sunday with the Halloween party. So excited.

Last edited:
We are now less than 24 hours before our trip. It’s gonna be a short trip and we’ll probably have a lack of sleep, but I’m sure it’ll all be worth it!

Our flight is tomorrow at around 8:30am, leaving the house for the airport at 5:30am, and then we have the Halloween Party at night. Then we’re gonna wake up on Monday and go to Epcot, potentially staying for the extra hours since we’re staying at the Boardwalk, and then flying home Tuesday night. So short but so exciting!

I am sure you will have a wonderful trip and it will all go swimmingly!!
Thanks for the encouragmen! I wish the same for you!
We pin traded
How was pin trading for you on this trip? We have always enjoyed it but felt it went "downhill" the last couple of times we were at Disney (2018 was the last time). Were you able to find interesting pins on the boards? Were the CMs trading?

Ooops, editing since i started a post yesterday and i guess didnt finish...

We were also in MK today (thurs) Agree with wait times!! Since I was there last night by myself on wed night (5 rides in 2 hrs splash, big thunder, HM, Buzz and 7dmt) dwarves was 45 min, so basically walked onto everything.

I digress :D

So arrived at 930 today (thurs) did Buzz, Ariel before DD got there after 10 am. We did Peter Pan (DAS), philharmonic, pirates, jungle cruise (DAS), splash (Das) and met a few characters and bounced out during the 2:30 rainstorm.

Saturday a little busier with crowds at epcot. Dhs not so bad (here now) but picking up since rain stopped.

How was pin trading for you on this trip? We have always enjoyed it but felt it went "downhill" the last couple of times we were at Disney (2018 was the last time). Were you able to find interesting pins on the boards? Were the CMs trading?
Not the person asked but chiming in since DD did a ton of trading today :).

Had a great time doing it in Epcot! World Showcase in the countries and in figment at the exit. CMs were so fun to talk to about them. (She also said she saw some rare ones)

So glad to hear people are enjoying their September trips! Excited we are getting close to ours!

We decided not to do MBs, but I don’t want to rely on my watch/phone for scanning. We are staying at the Dolphin. Anyone happen to know if we’d be able to pick up physical ticket cards there or at Disney Springs? I’d like to get our cards on arrive day before our first park day so we don’t waste any park time in lines.

Had a great time doing it in Epcot! World Showcase in the countries and in figment at the exit. CMs were so fun to talk to about them. (She also said she saw some rare ones)
Awesome! Thanks for the reply! I did not realize you could do it in the countries. So are there pin boards in the country gift shops, CMs with lanyards, or both?

Awesome! Thanks for the reply! I did not realize you could do it in the countries. So are there pin boards in the country gift shops, CMs with lanyards, or both?
Some were at kidcot stations, others in shops. I didnt know each country had one either! I didn't go to all with DD but the several I did had pin boards.

Mexico - in a shop to the left (before the Caballero ride) where kidcot is
China - closed and we didn't get back that way
Norway - in one of the shops, kidcot station
Germany - in one of the shops
Italy - outside at kidcot Station
Morocco - in a shop?
Japan - straight back near the museum, at kidcot Station
America - outside to the right of Pavillion, at kidcot Station
France - in the shop in the way back (right past the ice cream shop)
UK - in back of toy soldier shop
Canada - in shop to right when you first get in Pavillion (not near kidcot station)

Agree with @leigh H- we had some really nice CM interactions around it and felt like there were lots of stops… this was my kids first year caring about it so idk if it’s worse than before but they had a blast. They did trade with other kids in lines too which was fun.

We decided not to do MBs, but I don’t want to rely on my watch/phone for scanning. We are staying at the Dolphin. Anyone happen to know if we’d be able to pick up physical ticket cards there or at Disney Springs? I’d like to get our cards on arrive day before our first park day so we don’t waste any park time in lines.
If you have it on your phone they’ll give you a card at the entry turnstiles. 😉

Mexico - in a shop to the left (before the Caballero ride) where kidcot is
China - closed and we didn't get back that way
Norway - in one of the shops, kidcot station
Germany - in one of the shops
Italy - outside at kidcot Station
Morocco - in a shop?
Japan - straight back near the museum, at kidcot Station
America - outside to the right of Pavillion, at kidcot Station
France - in the shop in the way back (right past the ice cream shop)
UK - in back of toy soldier shop
Canada - in shop to right when you first get in Pavillion (not near kidcot station)
Thanks for the details! :flower1:

So glad to hear people are enjoying their September trips! Excited we are getting close to ours!

We decided not to do MBs, but I don’t want to rely on my watch/phone for scanning. We are staying at the Dolphin. Anyone happen to know if we’d be able to pick up physical ticket cards there or at Disney Springs? I’d like to get our cards on arrive day before our first park day so we don’t waste any park time in lines

There’s a ticket location in springs. I picked up my Halloween party ticket there so I wouldn’t have to wait at a long will call line at the park.

With all of these reports of low crowds, I'm not sure if we should get Genie Plus or not... We only have three standard park days along with the Halloween Party. We're doing a lot of resort days, a water park day, Gatorland and Sea World this trip.

I'll probably do it anyway since it's only for a couple of days, but the thoughts of low crowds sounds promising.

I'll probably do it anyway since it's only for a couple of days, but the thoughts of low crowds sounds promising.
I was thinking the same thing, but since we would only do it for one day at MK (not going to DHS) and there's just 2 of us, I'm going to go ahead with it. If for no other reason than to try it out!

I used it one day at MK and one day at HS. I didn’t go to AK, but didn’t need it at Epcot. So I guess it depends on timing that you go and what’s most important to you. I can say on Thursday I used genie and rope drop to accomplish every big ride in the park park crept in Tomorrowland. Today I didn’t even rope drop and walked on Buzz, people mover, CoP, and only waited about 5-10 for speedway. I didn’t do space, but it was posted at 5. That was around 10 when I got in. If it’s low crowds and waits are about 20, generally speaking you can use it immediately to just skip those 20. But I went both days on party days so people were staying away from that too.

Watching the news post from D23 about parks…. Tron not opening till spring next year, figment coming some time next year, Moana area in Epcot not finished till late next year, and hatbox ghost coming next year to HM in WDW. Also looks like new Epcot night show.

With all of these reports of low crowds, I'm not sure if we should get Genie Plus or not... We only have three standard park days along with the Halloween Party. We're doing a lot of resort days, a water park day, Gatorland and Sea World this trip.

I used G+ for our afternoon arrival for Epcot, but I had to wait for hours for the times to get late enough for me to book. I used it at MK, but probably could have done fine without it with a good plan. We didn't really need it for AK, but I already had G+ for our whole trip since I bought our tickets in early June. I only used it for Na'vi, and then everything else was literally a walk-on. Na'vi was down at opening, so the line was long by the time we got there to use our LL around 9:20.

MK day today. Oh my god I’ve never had low crowds like this before. Like I knew the myth about this week, but just WOW. I didn’t do Tomorrowland or shows cause I’m saving them for my second day in the park, but I did every other major ride in the park with no wait at all!! My only exception was Peter Pan cause I have bad memories of it, but even that in the morning was only 20 minutes. I purchased genie but honestly if you rope drop, you won’t need it. I got there before 8, but not the full half hour before official opening. I also purchased an ILL for seven dwarfs. That line was about 40 minutes when I going around fantasyland. Most rides were walk on all morning. I would say about 11-11:30 was when the first lines were building. I left the park about 1 and my last ride was my second time on splash which had a 25 minute wait at that point. I used Genie far more today than I did in January simply because if something had a 20 minute wait, genie was available in the next five minutes.

I decided to skip going back to Epcot today. I wore myself out at MK and then afternoon pool time. More storms coming in, so I’d prefer to stay dry now. I’ll put my feet up for a good rest and then grab dinner at the food court. Then it’s hit the sheets early for HS tomorrow.
Has it been raining in the afternoons everyday so far? And how long does the rain last when it rains? Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter