***Official September 2022 Thread***

Help, I think I messed up with our Magicbands. I ordered the new Magicband+ for myself, my husband, and my son. I wasn’t thinking and linked them all to my phone. My husband and son have now both downloaded the MDE app and signed in under my account. They can’t link their bands to their own phone because it is linked to mine. Can I fix this without messing it up worse? Thank you! This forum has been so helpful, you guys are awesome!

Help, I think I messed up with our Magicbands. I ordered the new Magicband+ for myself, my husband, and my son. I wasn’t thinking and linked them all to my phone. My husband and son have now both downloaded the MDE app and signed in under my account. They can’t link their bands to their own phone because it is linked to mine. Can I fix this without messing it up worse? Thank you! This forum has been so helpful, you guys are awesome!
According to PlanDisney, you have to deactivate them on your account, then go in to link them in the new accounts. https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...wrong-account-unlink-activate-correct-478874/

I’ve been at Epcot today. I found it very light crowds for the morning and food and wine going on. I went on pretty much everything and was able to take my mid day break at 1. I didn’t find anything longer a way than a 15 minute wait for Remy. I did Guardians and loved it, but if you get motion sickness beware. It’s loads of fun, but I’ve been comparing it to Space Mountain on crack and steroids at the same time, set to music. I loved it, but wow. I’m at Rose and Crown for dinner tonight. What a day for it. Oh my goodness. Talked to a few people here from England. They’re pretty much in shock.

Off to MK tomorrow at least for the morning. I’m undecided on what to do later since it’s a party night. I was thinking of going food and wine booth hopping, but if the weather is like today, no thanks. It’s not fun standing in the rain trying to eat. Might just make it a really early day. MK and some pool time.

We got everything we wanted at MK done on Wed (even did country bears and hall of presidents which were not at all on my list) so we rearranged and split HS into two days. All Star Wars today and everything else tomorrow.

It rained all afternoon, so we were soaked but it was better than melting in the heat. We met all the characters in launch bay from 12-1, had lunch at sci fi (was good food but weird service) then went to Batu until 7:30. Droid building was the hit of the day with our kids, they all talked about it all evening and spent two hours playing droids in the hotel when we got home. Not sure the Savi’s light sabers were worth it, but the tweens are being too cool for fun this trip so it’s just hard to get a read on what they thought.. the littles love their 31$ Tatooine traders sabers quite a bit so we probably should have just done that for all the kids 😩. That builder helper was great. Overall we loved the land but almost all the staff we encountered didn’t play along with any of it and weren’t particularly in theme or magical. One of the droid helpers was really stressed and kept talking loudly about how much pressure they had about getting kids in and out instead of talking to the kids… and he put the droid together wrong and basically shoved my nephew out the door. We fixed it and I’m not sure my nephew noticed but it annoyed me. That was a 9yos major purchase of 179$ on his own gift card money so I wish he had gotten more attentive service.

No photo pass or wandering characters or anything due to the rain but everyone liked the rides and shops. It is really hard to find anything, which I appreciate aesthetically but we thought it was funny that we needed the map in the app just to tell which building was which even when we were standing in front of them.

Tomorrow going back early for last park day with everything else HS has to offer and then dinner at Ohana!

Well I am getting ready to check in for our flights. Will be hard to keep my mind on work today. We will leave for the airport at 3:00AM so not much sleep tonight. Getting kind of bummed about the weather. We always go in September so understand the afternoon thunderstorms but it sounds like this weekend is going to be more than that. All we can do is put the ponchos on and keep going but kind of hoping they are wrong. Anyway, in 24 hours we will be on our way to WDW!!!!

I love reading updates from everyone that's there now! :earboy2:

We had a great time, though we went hard and exhausted ourselves since we wanted to maximize park time. It is so easy to tour without kids.

This will be us next week so I'm glad to read this. First time without kids (ours are grown). I'm actually a little worried about wearing ourselves out but definitely want to maximize park time as you said!

Of course being in the parks is fun, but I think I enjoy the researching and planning just as much, so I'm glad I have our family trip to plan for next year.

Same here! Unfortunately I don't have another Disney trip to plan for after this one, so I'm trying to savor the remaining days before the trip.

We leave in four days and I'm very excited. But I also find myself feeling quite anxious for some reason! Anybody else?

I’ve been at Epcot today. I found it very light crowds for the morning and food and wine going on. I went on pretty much everything and was able to take my mid day break at 1. I didn’t find anything longer a way than a 15 minute wait for Remy. I did Guardians and loved it, but if you get motion sickness beware. It’s loads of fun, but I’ve been comparing it to Space Mountain on crack and steroids at the same time, set to music. I loved it, but wow. I’m at Rose and Crown for dinner tonight. What a day for it. Oh my goodness. Talked to a few people here from England. They’re pretty much in shock.

Off to MK tomorrow at least for the morning. I’m undecided on what to do later since it’s a party night. I was thinking of going food and wine booth hopping, but if the weather is like today, no thanks. It’s not fun standing in the rain trying to eat. Might just make it a really early day. MK and some pool time.
I was passing on Guardians but thanks for affirming that it will be too much for me. The rest of the family is determined to try it. I hope they feel okay afterwards! Sounds like you're having a great time!

MagicBands finally shipped last night. I was getting nervous since we fly down a week from Sunday. We are in Georgia, so surely it won’t take a week to get here. Will finish making the last 2 shirts today for a total of 38 shirts 😱. Now have to get the shirts to the families so they can pack.
Our last band shipped today! It seems everyone who needs them is getting them, thank goodness!

Well I am getting ready to check in for our flights. Will be hard to keep my mind on work today. We will leave for the airport at 3:00AM so not much sleep tonight. Getting kind of bummed about the weather. We always go in September so understand the afternoon thunderstorms but it sounds like this weekend is going to be more than that. All we can do is put the ponchos on and keep going but kind of hoping they are wrong. Anyway, in 24 hours we will be on our way to WDW!!!!
Sometimes it's better when it rains, fewer people in the parks. Rain poncho and go go go! Happy travels!

We leave in four days and I'm very excited. But I also find myself feeling quite anxious for some reason! Anybody else?
I'll feel better once I go over my check list again and do my final packing. Then I'll do a last night pack of the under the seat bag with another list of last minute things to pack. I feel restless until I'm at the airport and ready to fly!

I'll feel better once I go over my check list again and do my final packing. Then I'll do a last night pack of the under the seat bag with another list of last minute things to pack. I feel restless until I'm at the airport and ready to fly!
This is me 100%! I've gone over and over my lists so many times, and it still feels like I'll miss something. For me, the planning is such a part of the fun, so I'm just trying to soak up these last two weeks before we leave. I'm loving reading everyone's live feedback in this group! Back when I joined this thread, it felt like it would be forever until it was time for us to go, and now it's almost here!

MK day today. Oh my god I’ve never had low crowds like this before. Like I knew the myth about this week, but just WOW. I didn’t do Tomorrowland or shows cause I’m saving them for my second day in the park, but I did every other major ride in the park with no wait at all!! My only exception was Peter Pan cause I have bad memories of it, but even that in the morning was only 20 minutes. I purchased genie but honestly if you rope drop, you won’t need it. I got there before 8, but not the full half hour before official opening. I also purchased an ILL for seven dwarfs. That line was about 40 minutes when I going around fantasyland. Most rides were walk on all morning. I would say about 11-11:30 was when the first lines were building. I left the park about 1 and my last ride was my second time on splash which had a 25 minute wait at that point. I used Genie far more today than I did in January simply because if something had a 20 minute wait, genie was available in the next five minutes.

I decided to skip going back to Epcot today. I wore myself out at MK and then afternoon pool time. More storms coming in, so I’d prefer to stay dry now. I’ll put my feet up for a good rest and then grab dinner at the food court. Then it’s hit the sheets early for HS tomorrow.

Last edited:
We had a great first day here today! Magical upgrade on the flight, (a less than magical car pickup at budget due to a Costco rental, lesson learned) but was able to increase our sci-fi res to 3 instead of 2, got a comp fp when RAR went down, and managed to get only slightly damp in the rain. We rode everything between 1-7:30, waiting only for Rise (which was posted :60, we were off in :40) Now we’re back at the pool (eagerly anticipating bed, after the 4am wake up) but had more pixie dust when they made kiddos an extra Mickey pretzel by mistake. No charge.
We had a great day!

I am all kinds of anxious! Work has been a bear lately and leading up to us leaving in just 13 DAYS!! ... I am work work work workin lol. I planned my first few days to the minute but I just kinda let the last 4 days go. I am nervous and excited and probably feeling all that you are :)

I am sure you will have a wonderful trip and it will all go swimmingly!!

Last park day for me today, it was awesome. All the G+ training and light use the last few days came to a head and we did everything non-star wars in HS in 8 hours except the BatB show. We pin traded, met max goof, had lunch, lots of photo pass… it was both our most productive and most relaxed touring day yet. Low crowds probably but it didn’t actually feel that way- toy story land was crowded and every show we were in filled all the way up. Muppets even was pretty full. Highly recommend splitting HS into two parts of possible.

Ohana was okay, enjoyed it but the meats were pretty bad and the noodles were… just greasy? I’m not sure what they’re supposed to taste like but I thought they just tasted like oil. My kids ate a lot of them so I guess that’s fine. Was one of our least favorite meals of the trip which is a bummer but our server was lovely and the drinks were strong so…

Disney springs and laundry tomorrow then packing for Sunday flight home. It went so fast! We do have one more fun thing though- we have one of the pervious cast members from Jedi training coming to give the kids a private light saber lesson in the morning!

Edit: I found the answer on plandisney. I can't believe it was this complicated.

Does anyone know how to cancel a lightning lane?! I picked Smugglers Run and it won't let me cancel or change.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter