***Official September 2022 Thread***

We loved Pandora at night! I’ve never understood why AK closes so early. I get that a lot of the animals go to sleep when it gets dark, but they could just close off the safari and the trails.
Right?!?! I agree, closing off certain areas of the park make sense.
It's clear that Imagineers designed Pandora to be viewed at night. All that wonderful detail is largely unseen!

So excited to be less than two weeks away! We weren’t supposed to be going back this year but found a great deal at ASMusic for Labor Day week and then just added on an additional two days at Poly for Sept 3-5 - it‘s my dream resort so we’re using it as a little honeymoon staycation haha. Definitely thought our new magicband+ wouldn’t arrive on time based on what I’ve been hearing, but I got the shipping notification on Friday!

Leaving on the 4th and our Magic+ bands I ordered on 7/27 still show up in MDE as “processing”...the regular Magic band I ordered on 7/26 finally arrived the other day but took 11 days to arrive after it was shipped so I’m afraid the Magic+ bands won’t arrive before we leave. I’ve heard nothing from Disney regarding the bands being delayed.
How long did it take for your tracking to update? My MB+ was shipped last Wednesday but the tracking status still says unavailable. I called today about it and they’re having a new one shipped to the resort instead but I wanted it before arrival to charge and update. Did you order through MDE or Shop Disney?

How long did it take for your tracking to update? My MB+ was shipped last Wednesday but the tracking status still says unavailable. I called today about it and they’re having a new one shipped to the resort instead but I wanted it before arrival to charge and update. Did you order through MDE or Shop Disney?
I ordered early on 7/27 on MDE...there isn’t even a tracking number yet just a message that says “in progress”.

If the MB+ isn't shipped in time, will they have it available at the resort during check in?

33 days for us……

I did get the handheld fans out yesterday to charge them. They still had some charge from our trip in May.

it has rained every day at my house the last week 2.08 inches since midnight last night. 2 inches a day is the average. We are on relatively higher ground, so no issues as far as property. We are in northeast Louisiana.

Dallas area has been flooding.

FYI - Regarding room "coolers". I've looked it up and there seems to be differing opinions about dairy and the coolers. After doing more research, it seems they are cold enough for dairy. A few people said, turn them up upon arrival and make sure nothing is touching the back as it prevents air flow making them not work properly. Also, my countdown is no longer working. I'm going to try and update it.

In my experiences with similar tiny fridges (cedar point this summer), having it be fairly full with already cold things helps a lot. Don’t expect it to get room temp sodas cold AND keep your milk cold. But if you put chilled water bottles and soda cans in it can hold the colder temp. We cooled our water bottles in the sink with ice for a few hours before putting them in the fridge. I’ve read of others putting the ice bucket into the fridge if milk is all you have, just to reduce the amount space it needs to keep cool.

I think this trip we’re going to do the shelf stable horizon milk boxes just to not worry about it.

Anyone else with an early month trip looking at this Disney + day stuff with side eye?

That is our HS day and it sounds like they’re loading the special stuff in that park. Hopefully it’s not enough to convince everyone to change park reservations but I’m already annoyed now we have to get up even earlier to rope drop after EE late night at MK the night before… honestly I’m skeptical that can happen so I feel like this throws my whole HS day off.

it has rained every day at my house the last week 2.08 inches since midnight last night. 2 inches a day is the average. We are on relatively higher ground, so no issues as far as property. We are in northeast Louisiana.
Karen,

Send some of that rain my way please! Its been so dry here all summer in New Jersey.

Anyone else with an early month trip looking at this Disney + day stuff with side eye?
I'm disappointed that the special opportunity things seem to all be in HS, but I'll take that extra half hour since it will probably give me enough time to do Remy early and not have to get G+ that day. I'll tell you why I wouldn't worry too much about crowds. That kind of thing generally would pull in a lot of APs and the vloggers. Being its a Thursday instead of Friday its probably not going to be that big a deal with locals since they probably wouldn't take off or pull kids out of school. And I'm figuring most vloggers are going to be in California or traveling there that day if they're bigger ones because D23 starts the next day.

I did get the handheld fans out yesterday to charge them. They still had some charge from our trip in May.
Your post just reminded me that I need to find my neck fan to pack! Thanks! :)

I fly to FL tomorrow morning for my conference and then arrive in WDW on Sunday. Going to work today and will finish up last minute preparations tonight.

AAAHHH!

In my experiences with similar tiny fridges (cedar point this summer), having it be fairly full with already cold things helps a lot. Don’t expect it to get room temp sodas cold AND keep your milk cold. But if you put chilled water bottles and soda cans in it can hold the colder temp. We cooled our water bottles in the sink with ice for a few hours before putting them in the fridge. I’ve read of others putting the ice bucket into the fridge if milk is all you have, just to reduce the amount space it needs to keep cool.

I think this trip we’re going to do the shelf stable horizon milk boxes just to not worry about it.

That is our HS day and it sounds like they’re loading the special stuff in that park. Hopefully it’s not enough to convince everyone to change park reservations but I’m already annoyed now we have to get up even earlier to rope drop after EE late night at MK the night before… honestly I’m skeptical that can happen so I feel like this throws my whole HS day off.
Right?! We are going to be at MK that day. It is not worth it to change our reservations this close. We may or may not take advantage of the extra hour. It’s our 3rd day in MK. Basically our goodbye day since they are having a party the next night and closing early. We usually end with MK. DHS was what we originally had planned that day. But I’m also guessing that it’s going to be busy in that park that day now.

Right?! We are going to be at MK that day. It is not worth it to change our reservations this close. We may or may not take advantage of the extra hour. It’s our 3rd day in MK. Basically our goodbye day since they are having a party the next night and closing early. We usually end with MK. DHS was what we originally had planned that day. But I’m also guessing that it’s going to be busy in that park that day now.
We'll be in DHS on the 8th. I anticipate large crowds especially later in the morning. I'm hoping to be ahead of the crowd for RoTR, but everything else should be fairly easy for 2 adults to navigate. We have all day and no need to do everything. I am excited to see what the day brings for Disney+ Day. We will likely still do Genie+ in this park as well.

Leaving on the 4th and our Magic+ bands I ordered on 7/27 still show up in MDE as “processing”...the regular Magic band I ordered on 7/26 finally arrived the other day but took 11 days to arrive after it was shipped so I’m afraid the Magic+ bands won’t arrive before we leave. I’ve heard nothing from Disney regarding the bands being delayed.
I'm leaving around same time as you and also ordered regular MB on 7/27; I checked MDE this morning and lo and behold it shows they have shipped. I've got my fingers crossed though because I live in Oregon and the shipping shows that it was passed off by USPS to a "shipping partner" which has not historically worked in my favor. You might contact Disney Parks Direct Shop department, they gave me the following direct # (800)328-0327 to contact after I spoke to them back on 7/14 and said that if they hadn't shipped in a week and half to call them. Best of Luck.

During the dates and hours that we plan on visiting the parks, there is a forecast for showers and scattered thunderstorms for the entire time. Should I...
(1) wear socks and sneakers to the parks with crocs in my bag for when it is actively raining or
(2) wear waterproof hiking sandals?

I'll be pushing a stroller with two little ones so I'll need good traction and support for most of the time.

I'm leaving around same time as you and also ordered regular MB on 7/27; I checked MDE this morning and lo and behold it shows they have shipped. I've got my fingers crossed though because I live in Oregon and the shipping shows that it was passed off by USPS to a "shipping partner" which has not historically worked in my favor. You might contact Disney Parks Direct Shop department, they gave me the following direct # (800)328-0327 to contact after I spoke to them back on 7/14 and said that if they hadn't shipped in a week and half to call them. Best of Luck.
I will call that number Thank you
Have a great trip!

During the dates and hours that we plan on visiting the parks, there is a forecast for showers and scattered thunderstorms for the entire time. Should I...
(1) wear socks and sneakers to the parks with crocs in my bag for when it is actively raining or

I'll be pushing a stroller with two little ones so I'll need good traction and support for most of the time.
I'd go with option one. If your sandals and feet get wet and you duck into a show or something with AC those toes are gonna get cold. The benefit to swapping or having the option to is if your feet are hurting, sometimes having a different pair of shoes can get you through the rest of the day.

I say option 2. Crocs can get slippery.

Ordered our MagicBands+ on August 10th (solid colors, not the fancy ones). Looks like they just shipped today. We'll see how long it takes to get here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter