• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2022 Thread***

How do you think the Extended Evening theme park hours will be impacted by MNSSHP? Will MK have the extended hours on the days that there isn’t a party? Will Epcot have extended hours when there is a party? So many variables to consider when trying to plan out our theme park days!

I have a feeling there's going to be changing of schedules by that time of year simply because its "slow time", but I wouldn't be surprised to see no Extended hours at MK and overlap with Party/Extended at other parks to allow for people not going to parties to have things open at night. Its so far out and Disney not giving much head's up about hours in advance anymore doesn't make planning easy.

So happy to be joining this group! We’ll be at Wilderness Lodge from 9/22 to 9/26. We normally visit during spring break, but my 7 year old son is dying to see the Halloween decorations and attend the party (probably on 9/23), so we’re planning our first fall trip. Very excited!
Halloween/fall decorations are so fun at Disney! 🎃

Well, that didn't take long. I was not at all planning to attend MNSSHP on our Sept trip, but between the announcement on Thursday and today (Saturday) I am totally on board. :cool1: We will be switching our park days a bit, but plan to do the party on our last night. I'm already searching for Disney Halloween t-shirts (it's just my husband and myself and we don't want to do full costumes). There are some really cool ones out there! :hippie:

Hi all - It's looking like I'm going to be heading down Sept 12th - Sept 18th staying in Port Orleans: Riverside! I'm so excited to finally get to experience MNSSHP, Remi and Guardians. I might be going solo - tbd on that - which would also be a first! I'm so pumped!

Hi everyone! I'm so happy to have found this thread! My family (me, my husband, and our three kiddos - 15, 11, and 5 as well as some extended family) are heading down for our first trip in nearly five years! I absolutely can NOT wait! We had to reschedule and postpone planning so many times due to Covid, so the feelings of joy that we'll FINALLY be able to be back at our favorite place are just huge. We'll be there from Sept. 25 - Oct. 2 and are staying at the Dolphin. It's our first time staying there, and I'm looking so forward to being able to walk to two parks! So much has changed since our last trip - I'm nervous about some of it (Genie+, I'm looking at you!) but am really excited to see all of the new attractions! Excited to plan with all of you!

Hi everyone! I'm so happy to have found this thread! My family (me, my husband, and our three kiddos - 15, 11, and 5 as well as some extended family) are heading down for our first trip in nearly five years! I absolutely can NOT wait! We had to reschedule and postpone planning so many times due to Covid, so the feelings of joy that we'll FINALLY be able to be back at our favorite place are just huge. We'll be there from Sept. 25 - Oct. 2 and are staying at the Dolphin. It's our first time staying there, and I'm looking so forward to being able to walk to two parks! So much has changed since our last trip - I'm nervous about some of it (Genie+, I'm looking at you!) but am really excited to see all of the new attractions! Excited to plan with all of you!
Hi, Karalee! We stayed at the Dolphin in 2018 and loved it! We had never been to the Boardwalk area before and it's really nice. And the boat transportation is cool too! :flower1:

Hi, Karalee! We stayed at the Dolphin in 2018 and loved it! We had never been to the Boardwalk area before and it's really nice. And the boat transportation is cool too! :flower1:
I love hearing that; thank you! Some of the recent reviews are a bit sketchy, but we're trying to take them with a grain of salt. We're pretty easy-going travelers and are really looking forward to it. I love that boats are an option, too!

Well that didn't take long...already lost the direct flights. Sigh. But on a good note, so far it is not the red-eye. But only leaves me with 1 hour and 32 mins to get through customs in Calgary and that makes me nervous...

Way back is through Toronto and while I get in late, I'm coming in on the Saturday so I'm not too concerned.
Lol. Same happened to me. I went from a 2 hour layover in Toronto to a 16 hour layover. Originally arriving early am and am now arriving late evening. ughhhhhhhhhh.

Depending on time of day in Calgary the 1.5 hours might be enough time. I agree that the short layover can be nerve-wracking though

Hi All, :) We booked our trip, Boardwalk Villas Sept 24th - 30th. So excited! Taking DS 14, DD 13, and a family friend (more like adopted daughter) who is turning 30 that week. She has not been to WDW since she was 5 years old. My children and I are super excited for her, she is going to be blown away!! Half the fun of that trip will be us watching her reactions to things. We CANNOT wait!!!

HI all! My two waitlists for BWV Garden/pool view studios came through and we are so excited!

We had a 2br booked at Saratoga Springs but changed to early September and then booked Copper Creek.

Now, we have settled on September 26-October 1, 2022. We booked 2 studios (one for husband and I and one for Daughter and her fiancé).

We love the festivals and Epcot, so the location is great.

We are hopefully going to the Moonlight Magic on September 28 and one of the MNSSHP.

Please add us to the list : 9/26-10/1

thanks!

Hi all - It's looking like I'm going to be heading down Sept 12th - Sept 18th staying in Port Orleans: Riverside! I'm so excited to finally get to experience MNSSHP, Remi and Guardians. I might be going solo - tbd on that - which would also be a first! I'm so pumped!
Welcome to the September 2022 Group @LaurieLiz !!!! :wave: We are so glad you joined us!! Wonderful trip you have planned at Port Orleans Riverside. It is so exciting that MNSSHP 🎃 is coming back. I also have not experienced Remi 🐭yet and am looking so forward for that ride. I will add you to the Countdown List and see you here for more planning. ::MinnieMo

Hi Karalee402!!! :welcome: The September 2022 is so excited you have joined us. We are an enthusiastic group and love to plan so you will fit right in. I know you and your family and especially the kids:earsboy: are so happy to be going. Don't worry we will help you wait ( just kidding) The September Group can't wait either. 🤣 I have stayed at the Dolphin before and it is a very nice resort. We also walked to Epcot on those park days. I will add you to the Countdown List and lets Keep Planning. :mickeyjum

Last edited:
Hi All, :) We booked our trip, Boardwalk Villas Sept 24th - 30th. So excited! Taking DS 14, DD 13, and a family friend (more like adopted daughter) who is turning 30 that week. She has not been to WDW since she was 5 years old. My children and I are super excited for her, she is going to be blown away!! Half the fun of that trip will be us watching her reactions to things. We CANNOT wait!!!
:cheer2:Welcome in @PixiepoweredChick!!! :mickeyjum Sounds like you have a Great trip with family and friends in the making!!! The friend (like a daughter) will having an amazing time with your kids :earsgirl::earsboy: riding all the attractions. Your trip sounds sooooo much fun. Also the Boardwalk Villas look so nice. I love walking over there at the different shops and restaurants. I will add you to the Countdown List and look forward to seeing you here for more planning.

HI all! My two waitlists for BWV Garden/pool view studios came through and we are so excited!

We had a 2br booked at Saratoga Springs but changed to early September and then booked Copper Creek.

Now, we have settled on September 26-October 1, 2022. We booked 2 studios (one for husband and I and one for Daughter and her fiancé).

We love the festivals and Epcot, so the location is great.

We are hopefully going to the Moonlight Magic on September 28 and one of the MNSSHP.

Please add us to the list : 9/26-10/1

thanks!
Welcome in @karen4546 :welcome: to the September 2022 Group!!!! We are so glad you joined us. :) Congratulations on your 2 studios at BoardWalk Villas that came through. Your family will have a wonderful time there and right beside Epcot is so convenient. Everyone is so excited about MNSSHP!!! I will add you to the Countdown List and look forward to more planning here in our Group.:goofy::mickeyjum

We are in for short trip at the end of September - trying out Caribbean Beach resort - just the grown ups this round! Was hoping for MK fireworks on my birthday, but it is a Halloween Party night, so maybe we splurge on dinner reservation in the park at the end of our day ticket, and at least catch a glimpse of the park at night. Can't wait!!!

We are in for short trip at the end of September - trying out Caribbean Beach resort - just the grown ups this round! Was hoping for MK fireworks on my birthday, but it is a Halloween Party night, so maybe we splurge on dinner reservation in the park at the end of our day ticket, and at least catch a glimpse of the park at night. Can't wait!!!
@lorileahb Welcome in to the September 2022 Group!!! :welcome: Nice "grown up" trip you have planned for your birthday 🎂 🧁!!! Maybe you can go to your favorite Disney restaurant that special night. Would be a nice ending to your day. I have stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort before and really enjoyed it. The pool is a very good one there and the grounds are landscaped so nice and pretty. If you would let me know your Dates for your stay, I will add you to our Countdown List on Page 1 of this Group. Lets Keep Planning!!! :tigger:

@lorileahb Welcome in to the September 2022 Group!!! :welcome: Nice "grown up" trip you have planned for your birthday 🎂 🧁!!! Maybe you can go to your favorite Disney restaurant that special night. Would be a nice ending to your day. I have stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort before and really enjoyed it. The pool is a very good one there and the grounds are landscaped so nice and pretty. If you would let me know your Dates for your stay, I will add you to our Countdown List on Page 1 of this Group. Lets Keep Planning!!! :tigger:
Are you going to get tickets to the Halloween party?? We're getting tickets for Sunday, September 25th. I thought about getting tickets for Tuesday, September 27th instead, but we fly home the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter