• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2022 Thread***

Sept. 7-13 at the YC. This will be the first time I have EVER been to Disney during Sept. Hoping the weather is ok... I know it will be warm, just hoping for no rain!
Welcome @Octoberbaby!!!! :welcome:
So Glad You Joined Our September Group!!! Have you ever stayed at the Yacht Club before? We love it there and the pool is the best. Me and my family will be at the Poly Sept 5th-15th. We have dodged two hurricanes in the past at Disney - once it hit the day after our trip was over and another year it hit a week after we left. It is a chance we September Disney people take but hopefully it will not be an issue this coming year. We love September because of lower crowds although as @DaniellePoppins said the heat can be rough in September. Look forward to "seeing" you here and planning our trips!!:mickeyjum I will add you to our September trip list.

Welcome @Octoberbaby!!!! :welcome:
So Glad You Joined Our September Group!!! Have you ever stayed at the Yacht Club before? We love it there and the pool is the best. Me and my family will be at the Poly Sept 5th-15th. We have dodged two hurricanes in the past at Disney - once it hit the day after our trip was over and another year it hit a week after we left. It is a chance we September Disney people take but hopefully it will not be an issue this coming year. We love September because of lower crowds although as @DaniellePoppins said the heat can be rough in September. Look forward to "seeing" you here and planning our trips!!:mickeyjum I will add you to our September trip list.
The Polynesian is one of my favorites! I was debating on choosing there instead of the YC, but we love the Epcot area so much. We have stayed at the YC once before and we love the pool! I'm looking forward to lower crowds since we usually travel during peak season. My son is homeschooled now, so no more waiting on school break. I hope you have a wonderful trip! And hopefully NO bad weather!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas or December Holiday this month. Soon it will be in our year to go to Disney in 2022! My family watched the Walt Disney World Christmas Parade yesterday and I have watched some of the youtube streamers live from Disney also. Looks like it has really been busy there. Wishing all of our September group a good week ahead and a Happy New Year!!!!:earsgirl:

Please add us to the list! My gf and I are knocking on wood that our doomed, twice postponed trip from May 2020 will finally happen. We are booked Sept. 1 - 10 at the Poly, with a couple of nights of CL as a treat. I am really hoping Guardians will be open by then!!

We have decided the when, September 18-23. Now we have to decide on the where 🤓 I am a major planner when it comes to vacations, but at the beginning I get very anxious to actually book a room. Not sure why I do this to myself, but it always works out. So we (I) am deciding between Beach Club and Poly. We rent DVC points so we have to make a decision some before the studios are all gone. I am pretty sure we are doing Beach Club, at least today I am 😵‍💫

Please add us to the list! My gf and I are knocking on wood that our doomed, twice postponed trip from May 2020 will finally happen. We are booked Sept. 1 - 10 at the Poly, with a couple of nights of CL as a treat. I am really hoping Guardians will be open by then!!
Welcome @kylenne :mickeyjum !!!!
So glad you have joined our September 2022 Group!! We are all so excited and I know you and your gf are as well. Hopefully this will not be another postponed trip for any of us. Me and my family are also going to be at the Poly from September 5th to 15th. It is such a great resort- Ohanas, the pool, the lobby, the grounds, monorail. We stayed there September 2020 and had such a great time. :tink:Club level sounds wonderful! We are hoping for Guardians too and to ride Remy for the first time! We look forward to "seeing" you here on this Group. Happy New Year!!!! I have you added to our countdown list.

Last edited:
We have decided the when, September 18-23. Now we have to decide on the where 🤓 I am a major planner when it comes to vacations, but at the beginning I get very anxious to actually book a room. Not sure why I do this to myself, but it always works out. So we (I) am deciding between Beach Club and Poly. We rent DVC points so we have to make a decision some before the studios are all gone. I am pretty sure we are doing Beach Club, at least today I am 😵‍💫
Hi :welcome: @Earningmywings !!! Glad you have joined this great September 2022 group!!! Love the Poly but the Beach Club is so pretty and the pool is the Best as well as Beaches and Cream -that sounds so good right now 🍦. Brings back memories of The Kitchen Sink lol. That is a lot of ice cream. I will add you to our countdown list but wait to hear what your final decision on the resort will be and then I will add your resort. Look forward to "seeing" you here and trip planning with all of us ( I am a major planner too). Happy New Year!!!

Partner and I are now booked at the Polynesian from September 2-8, following a one night stop over at Universal!

So much to plan, so little time...let the fun begin!

Partner and I are now booked at the Polynesian from September 2-8, following a one night stop over at Universal!

So much to plan, so little time...let the fun begin!
Welcome @Irish_Mike!!!! :welcome: Great news for you and your Partner!!! Several of us on the September 2022 Group will be at the Poly around your dates. I am sure you are very excited as well as all of us too. Have you stayed there before? There is sooo much to love about the Polynesian and look forward to doing there. We are glad you joined this planning group and look forward to "seeing" you here with us. It is so much fun planning but lots of work too. I will add you to our countdown list!!! :mickeyjum Let the fun begin!

Welcome @Irish_Mike!!!! :welcome: Great news for you and your Partner!!! Several of us on the September 2022 Group will be at the Poly around your dates. I am sure you are very excited as well as all of us too. Have you stayed there before? There is sooo much to love about the Polynesian and look forward to doing there. We are glad you joined this planning group and look forward to "seeing" you here with us. It is so much fun planning but lots of work too. I will add you to our countdown list!!! :mickeyjum Let the fun begin!

Thank you! :thanks:

Neither of us have stayed there and it'll be his first time staying on property, so he decided to splurge for something special. Glad to "see" so many of y'all are staying there as well!

Thank you! :thanks:

Neither of us have stayed there and it'll be his first time staying on property, so he decided to splurge for something special. Glad to "see" so many of y'all are staying there as well!

You will be absolutely spoiled for anywhere else. My gf and I first stayed there back in 2018, her first time back as an adult, my first time staying at an actual Disney resort (growing up my family always stayed at the Dolphin). It had been a dream resort for both of us, and we fell head over heels in love with it. The grounds are so beautiful, the CMs are always so warm and friendly (rip Aunty), and there’s nothing like walking into the GCH when the Poly smell hits! I swear the sunrises and sunsets are prettier there than anywhere else on property.

On a practical level too it’s just so convenient. Multiple ways to get to MK, monorail to Epcot is right next door so no transfer required, all the dining a short walk or monorail ride away, etc. I have enjoyed stays at other resorts but the Poly is “home”.

Ok we officially booked Beach Club Villas Sept 18-25. With the in-laws, nieces, total of 9 people. It’s gonna be fine 🙃

I’ve been waiting to join this group so I don’t curse anything. We’ve postponed our trip so many times (sept 20, sept 21, Jan22)… I was supposed to be there today :snooty: But now scheduled for Sept 3-11th at shades of green with a 3 gen, 11 person family party!

we’ve had so much time planning and it still seems hard to imagine since I don’t know what will be available or Now how to use genie+ for a large group.

we want to do everything, my brother, his wife and his 3 kids are first timers, but also I know everyone but me will need downtime (or get very grouchy in the heat).

I’ve been waiting to join this group so I don’t curse anything. We’ve postponed our trip so many times (sept 20, sept 21, Jan22)… I was supposed to be there today :snooty: But now scheduled for Sept 3-11th at shades of green with a 3 gen, 11 person family party!

we’ve had so much time planning and it still seems hard to imagine since I don’t know what will be available or Now how to use genie+ for a large group.

we want to do everything, my brother, his wife and his 3 kids are first timers, but also I know everyone but me will need downtime (or get very grouchy in the heat).:

Welcome@Neverbeast to our September 2022 Group!! As the 50th Anniversary Song at Disney World says "The Magic is calling calling to a place where dreams come true -Answer the Call" And Yes your 11 person family answered that call pixiedust: !!!!! I just Love that song!!! Congratulations on your trip :dumbo: Sounds like your family will be having a great get together of all ages. Hopefully no rescheduling in 2022............. Several of us in the September Group have similar dates as yours. The heat is tough in September but maybe crowds will stay low as they usually are. I will add you to our countdown list and look forward to Planning with you in our September Group (its a GREAT Group) by the way!!

Last edited:
Huzzah! I've found my people for all my obsessing about September specific info!

We are doing the BIG TRIP with the kids Sept 15-24, splitting between Poly and Riviera. We did a quickie 3 day trip 5 years ago, and this Sept will likely be the one and only long WDW trip we do. I'm pulling out all the stops! Lord help my wallet and my husband's sanity, since he hates the monetary side of Disney most of all!

We are renting DVC but only the Riviera half has been confirmed. I'm really hoping the Poly one comes through at the 7 month mark cuz that rack rate cash room I booked as a back up is twice the price and not as nice! But we've got plane tickets and places to sleep, so my spreadsheet is off to the races!

I am so eager for all the dates and times to come out. When is that, April/May? I want to know about early hours and late deluxe hours and Boo Bash so I can do all my arithmetic to decide if we'll do some/all Genie+, park hoppers, which ILLs to consider. I'm really hoping the lighter Sept trend keeps up and we can just do a few early days or (even better) late nights to get in the big attractions. I am excited for Guardians and bummed Tron is not likely to be close to ready.

What's everyone working on at this point? I hate when I don't have anything to dive into serious planning on- too early for dining decisions, I can't do tentative schedules for parks and ADRs without park hours, no need to reserve car transport yet (though I got quotes!), making a packing list is absurdly early... So instead I'm wasting time perusing Disney shirts to buy for everyone!!!

I only have transfers from my home to the airport and from MCO to my resort left to book I think. Not booking dining this trip.

Huzzah! I've found my people for all my obsessing about September specific info!

We are doing the BIG TRIP with the kids Sept 15-24, splitting between Poly and Riviera. We did a quickie 3 day trip 5 years ago, and this Sept will likely be the one and only long WDW trip we do. I'm pulling out all the stops! Lord help my wallet and my husband's sanity, since he hates the monetary side of Disney most of all!

We are renting DVC but only the Riviera half has been confirmed. I'm really hoping the Poly one comes through at the 7 month mark cuz that rack rate cash room I booked as a back up is twice the price and not as nice! But we've got plane tickets and places to sleep, so my spreadsheet is off to the races!

I am so eager for all the dates and times to come out. When is that, April/May? I want to know about early hours and late deluxe hours and Boo Bash so I can do all my arithmetic to decide if we'll do some/all Genie+, park hoppers, which ILLs to consider. I'm really hoping the lighter Sept trend keeps up and we can just do a few early days or (even better) late nights to get in the big attractions. I am excited for Guardians and bummed Tron is not likely to be close to ready.

What's everyone working on at this point? I hate when I don't have anything to dive into serious planning on- too early for dining decisions, I can't do tentative schedules for parks and ADRs without park hours, no need to reserve car transport yet (though I got quotes!), making a packing list is absurdly early... So instead I'm wasting time perusing Disney shirts to buy for everyone!!!
Welcome @Maine_Belle :welcome: You defintely found the Right Group!!!! We Septembers love our Disney Trips. I am glad you are off to the races :car: We are too in this Group :rotfl2: So Glad you joined us!! I loved going to the Riviera ( we stayed at the Poly) in Sept. 2020 but we ate there for breakfast and dinner at Topollinos Terrace. Breakfast was the best one we had on that trip. The Riviera is such a beautiful resort. I loved just walking around there and one of the little bakeries had the best cheesecake. Ohhhh Memories........ Sounds like the best of both worlds with a stay at the Poly and at the Riviera. Hope the Poly comes through with DVC!! I am like you waiting for those hours etc. to come out. I can't remember the exact months they release those. Probably in February we will have a family planning meeting on beginning to fine tune restaurants, special events we want to do etc. That is so much fun. My daughter is also buying shirts she likes for the little ones right now. I watch Disney live youtubers when I am off from work to help me get through these winter months!! Just love seeing the parks. Have you stayed at the Riviera before??? I will add you to our countdown list and can't wait to "see" you here planning soon and sharing ideas.::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter