• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official SEPTEMBER 2021 Check in Thread

My family of 4 is considering coming in September (after 2 covid cancellations ) I've never been in September before. Can someone fill me in? Temperature? Decorations? Crowds? Thanks... I'm excited to get this vacation train back on the track!

We’ve gone several times in September, and I would definitely prepare for some heat! Some of the hottest days can be in Sept, but it can also be hit or miss. I’d make sure to pack a light sweatshirt or something, in case of cooler evenings, which I’ve also experienced. It depends on when you come, if Halloween decorations will be up, typically it’s the weekend after Labor Day, but I don’t think anyone knows what’s actually happening with that yet. Crowds CAN be lighter during the week, with kids back in school, but it seems to be busier ANY time I go anymore… however, I haven‘t been since Nov. 2019, and you know what COVID has done to everything, lol… We are very excited to be getting down there also in September, I’m just trying to remember that I can’t have expectations of what it used to be for us, but I am still hoping for things to continue to level out and may be closer to “normal” than I’m anticipating...

We are doing our Welcome Home stay at the VGC Sept 18-25 after two aborted attempts thanks to you-know-what.
Flying into SNA instead of LAX. We will have a rental car this time. Looking forward to Halloween decorations at the park and the Avengers Campus. We are planning 5 park days, 1 resort day, and a trip to Knott's. Trying to work in a midweek beach trip if we need a parks break.
Sounds like a fun vacation! I like flying into SNA much better than LAX. Super easy and such a cute little airport.

GCH 9/5-9/8. Will be in town for a family wedding in LA, so flying into LAX and will be staying in LA from 9/3-9/4 for that before driving down with my husband and my sister's family for our DL getaway. At this point we have a 2BR suite booked, but may try to switch it to a 3BR if any other family decides to join us there. Super excited to be back in CA and at DL for the first time since 2019!

At GCH, doing a mother/daughter trip Sept 9-13 to celebrate my DD's 19th birthday and as last hoorah before she goes away to college for her freshman year. It's going to be bittersweet.
I'm in Oregon and my daughter is at Penn State and will be a junior this year. Trust me when I say I totally get it. Enjoy every moment of your vacation together!

Will be the first time in over a decade that I will be home in the month of September. And we will be bringing about 20 of our friends. Grandvilla living can't wait!

Will be the first time in over a decade that I will be home in the month of September. And we will be bringing about 20 of our friends. Grandvilla living can't wait!
That sounds amazing! If you give me your dates I would be happy to add you to the list along with everyone else. Also, by "grandvilla living" I'm assuming that's Villas at Grand Californian ?

My son and I are visiting for his tenth eleventh birthday 9/11-12, staying at VGC. We are going to Universal on the 10th. We are very excited that this 4th or 5th rebook of our mother/son trip seems to be good to go!

My son and I are visiting for his tenth eleventh birthday 9/11-12, staying at VGC. We are going to Universal on the 10th. We are very excited that this 4th or 5th rebook of our mother/son trip seems to be good to go!
That sounds like fun! I'm in the same boat and guessing many others on this thread are in the same boat. 4th time re booking for me too, Happy planning!

My girls and I are going Sept 3-8 staying at Grand Legacy. I am nervous too about dinning. It has always been a chore at DW and having to get up at 3 a.m. but I don't even know what to expect. I have to get ours next week for September and I am nervous!!

My girls and I are going Sept 3-8 staying at Grand Legacy. I am nervous too about dinning. It has always been a chore at DW and having to get up at 3 a.m. but I don't even know what to expect. I have to get ours next week for September and I am nervous!!
Good luck! report back if you can on how it went, I know I would appreciate!

After two canceled trips….September 11-17 with 5 park days staying at Park Vue Inn!!!! I can’t stop smiling, back to my happy place!
Yay! I've had a few cancelled trips myself (I'm guessing most of us have!) so I'm super happy for you. Have a great time!

At GCH, doing a mother/daughter trip Sept 9-13 to celebrate my DD's 19th birthday and as last hoorah before she goes away to college for her freshman year. It's going to be bittersweet.
Very similar to us! I'm taking my high school senior (son) on college tours in SoCal and will be ending at DL. He missed out on our family trip coming up this July as he is away all summer as a camp counselor. This is his makeup.

Dates in park are 9/6-9/7 and staying at the new Hotel Lulu as got a great deal! 2 day PH.

Very similar to us! I'm taking my high school senior (son) on college tours in SoCal and will be ending at DL. He missed out on our family trip coming up this July as he is away all summer as a camp counselor. This is his makeup.

Dates in park are 9/6-9/7 and staying at the new Hotel Lulu as got a great deal! 2 day PH.
Just updated with your info, have a great vacation with your son!

Super excited to be taking my boys to DL this year, we are die hard wdw vacationers, we even moved to central Florida to be closer to the magic in 2009. My job relocated us to Boise for 2 years and I was lucky and had a girls trip to DL but my son and husband have never been. Last year we moved back to Florida but with no annual passes we have only done a few short trips. This year for our annual september anniversary trip WDW was super packed and the travel agent suggested DL and we could not be more excited. I will be in Idaho labor day week and then meeting my boys at lax on 9/10 we have 2 days in hollywood planned then onto the Grand Californian from the 12th -18th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter