• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2020 Thread***

All parks are now showing grey for all three guest categories on Sept 6th. We will see what capacity wait times are like in the new world!

All parks are now showing grey for all three guest categories on Sept 6th. We will see what capacity wait times are like in the new world!

Great. Guess switching my park days may not have done much good. Oh well, should be interesting!

ETA: At least since I switched to Epcot for that day and it is also our check-in day for BWV, we can always bail on the park if it's too bad and easily just walk over to the Boardwalk and see if our room is ready early!

Last edited:
Has been on my mind since I booked in March. I always figured Sept would be at full capacity. People reading about low, low crowds and short wait times combined with less fear of getting on an airplane means more people in the resorts and parks.

Has been on my mind since I booked in March. I always figured Sept would be at full capacity. People reading about low, low crowds and short wait times combined with less fear of getting on an airplane means more people in the resorts and parks.

At least you arrive after Labor Day weekend. Looks like everything opens up after that other than HS for AP's.

I know you guys going for Labor Day weekend are concerned about crowds. I don't blame you; "crowds" for our July trip were nice and low and I feel they will be for our late Sept. trip as well. We are no strangers to going for holidays/high crowds though! I hope you all still get a bit of that "empty park" feeling. As someone who works in the tourism industry I will say I am SO happy people are going to Disney 💕 Nothing is going to reopen that's closed, things aren't going to "come back" if people aren't there. I know it can be said that people will come if the offerings and experiences are there but unfortunately I don't see that is the way it's going to go; I think the people need to be there first and THEN Disney will reintroduce experiences, restaurants etc. So as always it's frustrating to deal with crowds but try to remember at least Disney is open again!! I hope the crowds aren't as bad as it may look and you all have wonderful "return" trips to WDW!

So excited to join this thread! Heading down September 24th to 28th. Just me and the girls. Very excited to stay at the Poly for the first time! DH and I came in July and we had a wicked awesome time! I think September’s going to be great too! :flower:
That's awesome you get to try the Poly! DH and I have stayed twice but our boys haven't yet. We were also there in July and had a great time! Of course hours will be shorter in Sept. but still can't wait. I absolutely love all the character cavalcades but there were a few we missed so I want to catch those this time :goodvibes
2 days to go! Packing has been a lot harder for this trip. I think I have an entire suitcase of just masks and hand sanatizer and all the other things we don't usually feel the need to take! Hopefully all of our stuff fits into the rental car!
Safe travels and have a wonderful time!

7 days! I should probably start packing so I don't forget anything...
7 days for me, too!

I'm one of those late packers... Are there any? Maybe I'm alone. Usually for my Sept trip I work all day (in live entertainment Labor Day is a busy one) then pack when I get home for a 10:30/11:00PM red-eye to Orlando. My flight was changed to 10:00AM so I'll pack on Sunday.

7 days for me, too!

I'm one of those late packers... Are there any? Maybe I'm alone. Usually for my Sept trip I work all day (in live entertainment Labor Day is a busy one) then pack when I get home for a 10:30/11:00PM red-eye to Orlando. My flight was changed to 10:00AM so I'll pack on Sunday.

Im too afraid I'll forget something to wait. I feel like Santa with his list

7 days for me, too!

Oh I usually pack about 2 hours before leaving lol but I've been so overwhelmed with life and work craziness lately that I fear if I don't prepare appropriately I will forget to pack important things (like Magic Bands). So you are definitely not alone! Have so much fun on your trip - we haven't been back since last LDW so lots of new stuff for us!

5 days! Bags are packed and ready to go!

Same here! Leaving late Saturday morning!

18 days to go! Have started laying things out on my guest bed as to “not to forget” items. Tried on clothing over the weekend. Now hoping flights are stable and won’t change. Have already been through many flight changes.

I've started doing the same thing!

Oh I usually pack about 2 hours before leaving lol but I've been so overwhelmed with life and work craziness lately that I fear if I don't prepare appropriately I will forget to pack important things (like Magic Bands). So you are definitely not alone! Have so much fun on your trip - we haven't been back since last LDW so lots of new stuff for us!

I'm usually the same way but not this year for the same reasons you mentioned. Plus I'm just beyond ready to get out of here for a week since I haven't gone ANYWHERE since last December!

I sure wish I had seen this before planning to arrive on the 9th!

“Colorado State University tropical scientist Phil Klotzbach said that roughly three-quarters of Atlantic hurricane seasons since 1966 have had at least one active named storm on Sept. 10. Also, half of all seasons have had at least one active hurricane on this date.“

Well I think I"m all packed except for the last minute electronical things. This has been the most stressful packing I've ever done. We're going to check 5 suitcases. In the past we've checked 2!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter