***Official September 2020 Thread***

did something else pop up?
2 new areas being monitored for the next 5 days and the long range models (which are by no means accurate) are showing lots of activity. Nothing to cancel over just yet, but the predictions of an active season are looking more and more correct.

2 new areas being monitored for the next 5 days and the long range models (which are by no means accurate) are showing lots of activity. Nothing to cancel over just yet, but the predictions of an active season are looking more and more correct.
gah I leave in 6 days. I just said to my DH last night, "well, doesn't look like there is anything else sighted yet so we should be ok to leave on Wednesday". I guess I just jinxed it. lol

Would be all our luck! Fingers crossed for everyone. If need be I'll just bring my laptop since I can work remotely and if I have to spend a few extra days in the bubble riding out a hurricane then so be it :boat::boat::boat::boat::boat::boat:

What is everyone looking forward to most???
That's a hard one! Since we were there last month I can't say just being back although still looking forward to being back ❤ I guess since we haven't been to my beloved WL since January I'm most looking forward to being there again! Now if they'd only open Territory Lounge....
I learned years ago not to worry this far out (26 days) about weather for Disney trips lol. I know for those of you going in the next week it's a bit different but even when your trip is 3-4 days out, things change so quickly. Haven't been during a hurricane yet although I wouldn't totally mind, but we've gone right after and been scheduled to go when the threat of one looms only to have it turn to heavy rain. Fingers crossed for all of us!

getting concerned about our universal day on 9/5 and our epcot day on 9/6 (crowd availability calendar for disney show that weekend is going to be...tough?) and the past few weekends at Universal looked HORRID cause of their stupid new promotion

9/7 at AK should be relatively normal, or maybe i can be optimistic and hope that wait times will actually be better than our thanksgiving trip last year when we had to wait about 45+ for everything aside from fast passes. looks like people will be visiting MK and DHS on labor day.
9/8 is MK which should be pretty great given that historically crowds are low the week of labor day come tuesday and on. hoping that holds true and we have an enjoyable experience and are able to navigate easily and do what we wish with minimal waits (hopefully less than 30 for most attractions? unsure if that is unrealistic)
9/9 we go back to Universal. Should definitely be more manageable this day and hopefully we can knock out everything we weren't able to do!
9/10 DHS which should also be good--fingers crossed

we have tons of table service meals reserved in park and after parks close at resorts but hoping that at night we are able to go back to our hotel, relax, maybe enjoy a swim depending on time and also not have to wake up super early like in years passed.

we won't be leaving the parks for mid-day breaks like we used to because of the shortened hours, and no ability to hop will be missed.
but we have already all agreed that we will be taking a more lesiurely approach (when possible)

our group of 8 adults arrives in 8 days!!!!!

getting concerned about our universal day on 9/5 and our epcot day on 9/6 (crowd availability calendar for disney show that weekend is going to be...tough?) and the past few weekends at Universal looked HORRID cause of their stupid new promotion

9/7 at AK should be relatively normal, or maybe i can be optimistic and hope that wait times will actually be better than our thanksgiving trip last year when we had to wait about 45+ for everything aside from fast passes. looks like people will be visiting MK and DHS on labor day.
9/8 is MK which should be pretty great given that historically crowds are low the week of labor day come tuesday and on. hoping that holds true and we have an enjoyable experience and are able to navigate easily and do what we wish with minimal waits (hopefully less than 30 for most attractions? unsure if that is unrealistic)
9/9 we go back to Universal. Should definitely be more manageable this day and hopefully we can knock out everything we weren't able to do!
9/10 DHS which should also be good--fingers crossed

we have tons of table service meals reserved in park and after parks close at resorts but hoping that at night we are able to go back to our hotel, relax, maybe enjoy a swim depending on time and also not have to wake up super early like in years passed.

we won't be leaving the parks for mid-day breaks like we used to because of the shortened hours, and no ability to hop will be missed.
but we have already all agreed that we will be taking a more lesiurely approach (when possible)

our group of 8 adults arrives in 8 days!!!!!

Don't be nervous, you're going to have a great time! We're also doing MK on the 8th but decided on DHS on the 9th and UO on the 10th lol. Just remember even "at capacity" it's still a much less crowded day than the norm. Have fun!

Don't be nervous, you're going to have a great time! We're also doing MK on the 8th but decided on DHS on the 9th and UO on the 10th lol. Just remember even "at capacity" it's still a much less crowded day than the norm. Have fun!

i'm just a nervous nelly about crowds meaning that there has been so many things that have developed in the past two months that i basically told myself we would have incredible wait times and be able to ride FOP 3 times in a row with no wait and not have to rush around..which ya know, may not happen and that's OKAY. Because that isn't normal. and we've never experienced a trip or time like that.

my brother who is going with us keeps telling me to calm down and said exactly that 'even a capped off Epcot has less people than what we are used to' and he's right!! But what if i wanted to ride soarin 4 times. lol

my boyfriend has only been once and that was during thanksgiving and he still fell in love even with the horrible crowds. so i know we will still enjoy our time. i guess i just need to lower my expectations. and then if it is anything better it will be the best trip!!!

i'm just a nervous nelly about crowds meaning that there has been so many things that have developed in the past two months that i basically told myself we would have incredible wait times and be able to ride FOP 3 times in a row with no wait and not have to rush around..which ya know, may not happen and that's OKAY. Because that isn't normal. and we've never experienced a trip or time like that.

my brother who is going with us keeps telling me to calm down and said exactly that 'even a capped off Epcot has less people than what we are used to' and he's right!! But what if i wanted to ride soarin 4 times. lol

my boyfriend has only been once and that was during thanksgiving and he still fell in love even with the horrible crowds. so i know we will still enjoy our time. i guess i just need to lower my expectations. and then if it is anything better it will be the best trip!!!

I'm the same way, the whole reason we picked LDW was because we wanted low crowds (and this was pre-covid), my DH is so tired of me obsessing that he was just like "We'll do whatever you want, go wherever you want, make whatever plans you want, I'm just begging you to please stop talking about it" lol. But I want to ride SDD like 3 times in a row, I want to basically LIVE in a Doom Buggy and not have to get off, I want those empty castle pictures, and I want to not have to get up at the crack of dawn for rope drop! We're in the same boat. :)

hahaha exactly!!! and we picked LDW pre-covid as well because we knew historically it was the least crowded holiday.

I'll just be happy to be back there so i definitely will need to shut up and stop talking about it for the next 8 days.

enjoy your trip!

What is everyone looking forward to most???

We're looking forward to experiencing everything that's new since our Jan 2019 trip - and there's a lot including the skyliner, Riviera, Galaxy's Edge, etc!

Hooray they just announced that there will be Halloween decorations and guests of all ages can wear costumes and Halloween snacks will be available Sept 15-Oct 31st

Starting 4 days after we leave. 😭

hahaha exactly!!! and we picked LDW pre-covid as well because we knew historically it was the least crowded holiday.

Same here and I also have one LDW trip in the books that was amazing. Now it looks like it will be the most crowded (weekend at least) since WDW has reopened. 😭

We're looking forward to experiencing everything that's new since our Jan 2019 trip - and there's a lot including the skyliner, Riviera, Galaxy's Edge, etc!

Starting 4 days after we leave. 😭

Oh no! I lucked out Halloween starts the day before I leave!

That is awesome news about Halloween costumes and decorations! Thanks!

As for Hurricanes at Disney I was there during Hurricane Charley. Now that was pretty scary! A mom with two boys in a resort and never experienced Tornados or Hurricanes before. The next morning was crazy seeing the work crews out clearing full grown toppled trees out of the roadways. Seeing roofs gone off buildings. (We even saw one roof blow past our window during the hurricane. When we saw that decided it was time for all to be in the bathroom for cover.

I looked all over the Disney website and didn’t see any information on the Halloween stuff. If someone knows where to locate the information can you please share. I like to look at all the details! :-)

I just checked for the millionth time and found an opening for 2 ppl at Oga's for our HS day!!! But... it's for 7:45 and the park closes at 7:00. I guess it's staying open late?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter